• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday Once More - The Carpenters

01 - Yesterday Once More
02 - All You Get From Love Is A Love Song
03 - And When He Smiles
04 - Califórnia Dreamin
05 - Don't Be Afraid
06 - For All We Know
07 - I Just Fall In Love Again
08 - It's Going To Take Some Time
09 - Let Me Be The One
10 - Maybe It's You
11 - One Love
12 - Sweet Sweet Smile
13 - Where Do I Go From Here
14 - You're Just In Love

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Have I Told You Lately" is a hit song written by Northern Irish singer-songwriter Van Morrison and recorded for his 1989 album Avalon Sunset. It is a romantic ballad often played at weddings although it was originally written also as a prayer.
"Have I Told You Lately" has become a classic song and has received acclaim by winning a Grammy Award and a BMI Million-Air certificate. When released as a single by Mercury in 1989, it charted at number twelve on US Adult Contemporary Charts and has been a popular cover song with many vocal and instrumental versions recorded by numerous artists and bands. In 1993, Rod Stewart's version charted at number five in the US and UK.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"If You Don't Know Me by Now" is a song written by Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff and recorded by the Philly soul musical group Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, which became their first hit after being released as a single in 1972 topping the US R&B chart and peaking at number three on the US Pop chart.
The song was originally written for Labelle (a trio led by Patti LaBelle) but they never recorded it. Much like the issue with "I Miss You" and The Dells passing on it, the song's composers Kenny Gamble and Leon Huff gave the song to Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, which featured Teddy Pendergrass as lead vocalist. In addition to the single release, the song was included on their debut album I Miss You.
Patti LaBelle later made the song as part of her concert repertoire in 1982. A live version appears on her 1985 album, Patti.
It was later covered by the English pop/soul band Simply Red, also becoming their best-known hit after reaching number one on the U.S. Hot 100 on July 15, 1989 and at number thirty-eight on the Hot Black Singles chart. It peaked at number two in the UK Singles Chart. It also topped the Canadian Singles Chart. Seal recorded the song for his 2008 album Soul, and, in April 2009, it became his first top-ten Adult Contemporary hit since "Love's Divine" in 2004; the song was subsequently nominated for the Best Male Pop Vocal Performance Grammy.
Rod Stewart also included this song on his 2009 album Soulbook.
The song was chosen as one of the Songs of the Century by the RIAA. It was featured at the end of Michael Apted's movie Class Action.

Simply Red - If You Don't Know Me By Now

kaufen

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a few that I really like seeing how I love the freakin' 80's! But here are some that I think are pretty feel-good:
"Livin' on a Prayer" Bon Jovi
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot" Pat Benatar
"Dancing With Myself" Billy Idol
"Summer of '69" Bryan Adams
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" The Police
"Your Love" The Outfield
"Modern Love" David Bowie
"We Got the Beat" The Go-Go's"
"C'm On Feel The Noize" Quiet Riot"
"Jessie's Girl" Rick Springfield
"Centerfold" The J. Geils Band
"Take Me Home Tonight" Eddie Money
"Uptown Girl" Billy Joel
"Call Me" Blondie
"Karma Chameleon" Boy George
"I Hate Myself For Loving You" Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
"Straight Up" Paula Abdul
"Our House" Madness
"Shake It Up" The Cars
"Jump" Van Halen
"Don't Stop Believin'" Journey
-Also there are tons of awesome Journey songs that you should check out!