• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

70's, 80's 'Feel Good' Music

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eddie Rabbitt - Room At The Top Of The Stairs

Well I know a place where love comes easy
And I know a woman who meets me there
She takes my hand, and gently leads me
And we go up to the ro-oo-om at the top of the stairs.

I close the door and she pulls the curtain
When we make love, it's a private affair.
I've been around and I know for certain
There aint no room like the ro-oo-om at the top of the stairs.

When we climb up the stairway to heaven
We find love waiting there.
Right at home, oh just me and my baby.
The lovin's good in the room at the top of the stairs.

(Interlude)

When we climb up the stairway to heaven
We find love waiting there.
Right at home, just me and my baby.
The lovin's good in the room at the top of the stairs.

Yeah I know a place where love comes easy
And I know a woman who meets me there
She takes my hand, and gently leads me
And we go up to the ro-oo-om at the top of the stairs.

Cause the lovin's good in the room at the top of the stairs

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fat Larry's Band - Zoom

"Zoom" is an R&B song by American band Fat Larry's Band released as the fourth single from their fifth studio album, Breakin' Out (1982).
The song was a commercial hit in the United Kingdom, peaking at #2 on the UK Singles Chart. It remains one of the group's best-known songs.
The song was featured in the popular British sitcom Only Fools And Horses 1982 Christmas Special episode "Diamonds Are For Heather". It was played during a montage where Del Boy courts Heather and takes her around famous London landmarks

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot

"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" is a song written by Canadian singer-songwriter Eddie Schwartz (often credited as just "E. Schwartz") that's best known for its version by American rock singer Pat Benatar. In 1980, it was released as the second single from her second album Crimes of Passion. It hit No. 7 in Cash Box, and reached No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming her first Top 10 hit.
"Hit Me with Your Best Shot" sold well over a million copies in the U.S., achieving a gold certification by the RIAA. The song is one of Benatar's most recognizable tracks. Heard at many baseball and soccer games, the song has been featured on many compilation albums, including both multi-artist works as well as those just focusing on Benatar (such as 10 Great Songs and Greatest Hits).

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Abba - Hasta Manana

"Hasta Mañana" (Spanish for "Until tomorrow"), which originally was titled "Who's Gonna Love You?", is the fourth track on Swedish pop group ABBA's second studio album, Waterloo.
Initially fearing that "Waterloo" might be too risky to enter for the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest, the group considered performing the ballad "Hasta Mañana" instead, as they thought that it was more in style with previous Eurovision winners. Eventually, they decided on "Waterloo", primarily because it featured Agnetha Fältskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad sharing lead vocals, whereas "Hasta Mañana" had Fältskog as the sole lead vocalist. ABBA believed that this would give the wrong impression of them to the world.
While the song was being recorded, they decided to give up on it at one point because none of them could sing it properly. Agnetha alone was in the studio and decided to play around with it. She felt if she could sing it in a Connie Francis style it would work — and it did.
In Australia, "Hasta Mañana" was later used as a B-side on the "So Long" single (which never charted). After being featured in the immensely popular The Best of ABBA TV Special, broadcast in March 1976, the song became a Top 20 hit in Australia and Top 10 hit in New Zealand.
It reached number 2 on the charts in South Africa, where it remains immensely popular to this day.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stephanie Mills - Never Knew Love Like This Before

"Never Knew Love Like This Before" is a song written and produced by songwriters James Mtume and Reggie Lucas for American R&B recording artist Stephanie Mills' second studio album Sweet Sensation (1980). The song became Mills' biggest hit on the Billboard Pop Singles Chart, where it peaked at No. 6, outperforming her previously highest charting single, "Whatcha Gonna Do with My Lovin'", which peaked at No. 22. The single was also successful on the R&B and Adult Contemporary charts, peaking at No. 12 and No. 5, respectively. It was a bigger success in the UK where it peaked in the top five (#4). The record won Best R&B Song and Best Female R&B Vocal Performance at the 1981 Grammy Awards.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kiss In The Dark - Pink Lady

"Kiss in the Dark" was the 14th single released in Japan, and the first single released in America, by Japanese duo Pink Lady. The song was recorded for their debut American album, Kiss in the Dark. Pink Lady debuted the song in May 1979 on a Leif Garrett TV special. The song's peak position in Japan on the Oricon chart was 19, and on the American Billboard charts was 37. This was also the first release of the duo in Japan which wasn't in the top 10. In addition to the all-English version of the song which was a hit in the U.S., Pink Lady also recorded a bilingual version, with the chorus in English and the verses in Japanese.
Pink Lady became the first Japanese recording act to chart in America since Kyu Sakamoto ("Sukiyaki") 16 years earlier. "Kiss in the Dark" reached #37 on Billboard magazine's top 40, (#49 on the Cash Box magazine chart).
In Japan the single sold 350,000 copies.
A re-recorded version of the song was included on the 2-disc greatest hits release, Innovation, released in December of 2010.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Champaign - Try Again

"Try Again" is a 1983 song by the American R&B band Champaign. Released in March of that year as the only single from their album Modern Heart, this ballad peaked at number 23 on the Hot 100 in June and became a hit on the R&B chart, just missing the #1 spot.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stars On 45 The 70's

1 - Theme from Star Wars
2 - I Can't Give You Anything But My Love - The Stylistics
3 - Kung Fu fighting - Carl Douglas
4 - Layla - Eric Clapton
5 - All Right Now - Free
6 - Fire - The Pointer Sisters
7 - Do ya think I'm sexy? - Rod Stewart
8 - Ma Baker - Boney M
9 - YMCA - Village People
10 - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
11 - Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
12 - Theme from M*A*S*H (Suicide is Painless)
13 - The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore - Walker Brothers
14 - Ouverture Tommy - The Who
15 - Get Off - Foxy
16 - Stars On 45
17 - Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty
18 - Bette Davis Eyes - Kim Carnes
19 - Eve Of The WAR - Jeff Wayne
20 - Papa Was A Rolling Stone - Temptations
21 - Dance To The Music - Sly & The Family Stone
22 - Sugar Baby Love - The Rubettes
23 - Papa Was A Rolling Stone - Temptations
24 - Let's Go to San Francisco - The Flower Pot Men
25 - A Horse With No Name - America
26 - Monday Monday - The Mamas & The Papas
27 - If You Go To San Francisco - Scott Mc Kenzie
28 - California Dreaming - The mamas And The Papas
29 - Eve of Destruction - Barry McGwire
30 - Tears of a Clown - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
31 - Stop In The Name Of Love - Supremes
32 - Cracklin Rose - Neil Diamond
33 - Doo Wa Diddy - Manfred Mann
34 - Lover's Concerto - The Toys
35 - Reach Out I'll Be There - The Four Tops
36 - The Sound Of Silence - Simon And Garfunkel
37 - Stars On 45
38 - Voulez Vous - Abba
39 - S.O.S - Abba
40 - Bang A Boomerang - Abba
41 - Money, Money, Money - Abba
42 - Knowing Me, Knowing You - Abba
43 - Fernando - Abba

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rare Earth - Warm Ride

Come to me baby, I got something to say
I been changin' your direction ev'ry step of the way
Now I bring emotion and I bring desire
And I bring the potion to set you on fire
I know you need me, there can be no doubt
You got me held inside your love and I can't get out
We must surrender to the powers that be
The angel in you and the devil in me
Warm ride , warm ride , baby just the way you are
Warm ride , warm ride , we can reach the highest star
Now I warn you women, we are two of a kind
And we both know what's coming
We got one thing in mind
I bring the pleasure , satisfaction you learn
And I got the strength to make you burn, baby, burn
Why are we waiting for this love on the rise
And why am I searching for the magic that's in your eyes
We must surrender to the powers that be
The angel in you and the devil in me
Warm ride, warm ride , baby just the way you are
Warm ride, warm ride , we can reach the highest star
(break
Warm ride ( fade out )

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MFSB - TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)

"TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)" was a 1974 number one hit, and winner of the 1974 Grammy for Best R&B Instrumental Performance, by MFSB (Mother, Father, Sister, Brother) featuring vocals by The Three Degrees. It was written by Kenneth Gamble and Leon Huff as the theme for the American musical television program "Soul Train". The single was released on the Philadelphia International label, and it was considered by some critics to be the first disco song to reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was essentially an instrumental piece, featuring a lush blend of strings and horns in the Philadelphia soul style. There were only two vocal parts to the song: a passage close to the beginning during which The Three Degrees sing "People all over the world!"; and the chorus over the fadeout, "Let's get it on/It's time to get down". The version heard on "Soul Train" also had the series' title sung over the first four notes of the melody. "TSOP" hit number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in the spring of 1974 and remained there for two weeks, and also topped the American R&B chart and the adult contemporary chart