• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheapo hit Bus Driver

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
She hits driver so hard his glasses fly off ...

SHE looked to be in her 30s, but when she tapped her ez-link card after boarding the bus, it registered as a senior citizen concession card.

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_HKBUSt.jpg

When confronted by the bus driver, she claimed it was her dead grandmother's card and that she had the right to use up the remaining value in the card.

No, you can't, senior bus captain Lim Ming Kong told the woman and proceeded to confiscate the card.

Then, as he started to drive off, the woman allegedly punched his face so hard that his spectacles were flung off.

The incident took place on 13 Aug on board Bus No 139, which was heading from Bukit Merah Interchange to Toa Payoh Interchange.

Mr Lim, 61, who has been a bus driver for 31 years, said he never expected to be assaulted by a female passenger just for taking away her card.

'Most of the fare evaders are embarrassed when caught. I didn't expect this one to hit me, especially while the bus was moving,' said Mr Lim.

About 10 other passengers were on board the bus when the incident took place, near Block 55 Lengkok Bahru.

It was there that the woman, who was dressed in a cream-coloured top and orange skirt, boarded the bus with a young child.

Recalled Mr Lim in Mandarin: 'The passenger appeared to be in her 30s, but when she tapped her ez-link card, my system showed her using a senior citizen concession card.'

Mr Lim called out to the woman who had sat down at the third row on the left side of the bus to come forward.

'I asked her to show me her ez-link card and she did,' he said.

'When I saw it was a senior citizen concession card, I explained to her that it is an offence for her to misuse it.'

Mr Lim said the woman responded angrily that the card had belonged to her deceased grandmother and insisted she had the right to use the balance of the card's value.

Only Singaporeans aged 60 and above are eligible to use senior citizen concession cards.

Said Mr Lim: 'I explained to her that I had to confiscate the card.'

He then took the card and kept it in his right trouser pocket.

But the woman refused to return to her seat.

'She started shouting at me and demanded that I return the card,' said Mr Lim.

'When I refused, she tried to reach across the console to grab at my right pocket.'

When that did not work, the woman continued to stand beside the driver console and badgered Mr Lim to return the card.

Mr Lim then started to drive off.

'There were other passengers on board and it was peak hour, I didn't want to delay the journey further,' he explained.

What he did not anticipate was a sudden punch to the left side of his face. The impact sent his glasses flying to the floor.

'I immediately hit the brakes and stopped the bus. She punched me so hard the clasp of her watch had loosened. I found my glasses near the brake pedal,' Mr Lim said.

He said that while he did not suffer any visible injury, the right nose peg of his glasses was bent out of shape.

'I was shocked and angry but I had to control myself. She continued shouting at me even when I activated the emergency button to inform the operations control centre,' he said.

The emergency button, located at the driver's console, allows the bus driver to get in touch with the operations control centre in case of an accident or other emergencies.

It took another female passenger to scold the woman before she finally went back to her seat.

'Two other passengers, one female and one male, scolded her for hitting me while I was driving because she didn't consider the safety of others,' said Mr Lim.

He continued to drive until the bus stop outside Peace Centre at Selegie Road where a Traffic Inspector had been despatched.

He handed the confiscated card to the inspector and pointed out the woman.

As the other passengers were ushered out of the front door to transfer to another bus, the woman passenger tried to leave as well but was stopped by the traffic inspector.

The police, alerted by SBS Transit, also arrived at the scene.

The woman's husband, who had presumably been contacted by her, also showed up shortly after and approached Mr Lim.

'He apologised to me in Hokkien and kept pleading with me to not pursue the matter, but I said it was not up to me,' said Mr Lim.

'He kept apologising for about five minutes and even told me he had just been released from prison and asked me to give his wife a second chance.'

Said Ms Tammy Tan, vice-president of corporate communications for SBS Transit: 'We do not take assaults on our bus captains lightly, particularly since they are just doing their jobs.

'In this case, the bus captain was correct in retaining the concession card as it was misused. We have made a police report and are seeking the assistance of the police.'

The police confirmed the incident and are investigating.

A spokesman for TransitLink told The New Paper that when a concession card holder dies, a family member can take the card and the death certificate to any TransitLink ticket office.

The remaining value stored in the card will be refunded and the ticket office agent will retain the card.

Under the Public Transport Council's Penalty Fare regulations, from 1 Jul last year, commuters who are caught not paying or under-paying their fares will face a $20 fine, while those who use improper concession cards can be fined $50.

In the first three weeks of July last year, just under 400 cheats were nabbed, down from more than 6,200 the month before.

Before the penalties were introduced, transport operators caught almost 10,000 cheats a month.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>The woman's husband, who had presumably been contacted by her, also showed up shortly after and approached Mr Lim.

'He apologised to me in Hokkien and kept pleading with me to not pursue the matter, but I said it was not up to me,' said Mr Lim.

'He kept apologising for about five minutes and even told me he had just been released from prison and asked me to give his wife a second chance.'<<<

Husband just released from prison now wife take over to go in! WTF!

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_HKBUSt.jpg

"That is why i have been saying don't be a cheapo, its important that you get a good
quality pair of glasses like mine that can sustain punches.. SEE! still in good condition!"

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Mr Lim, 61, who has been a bus driver for 31 years, said he never expected to be assaulted by a female passenger just for taking away her card."

If the person is a man full of tattoos, will he still take away the card?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Mr Lim, 61, who has been a bus driver for 31 years, said he never expected to be assaulted by a female passenger just for taking away her card."

True but he is just doing his job. Do you get hitted for doing your job?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

if the person is full of tatoos and still cheapo enough to misuse a senior citizen card : it means that gangsters in spore really cannot make it...:biggrin: no $ to drive car, no $ to pay full busfare..:biggrin:

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a new trend in Sg about women assaulting men in public. Yesterday, I was a bitch hitting her BFs groin repeatedly on the roadside. Today, it's a 30 something mother hitting a bus driver.

Imagine how rampant Sg bitches are assaulting their BFs & husbands behind closed door and the men have no balls to report them to the police.

Women's Charter & NS have castrated Sg men making them Kia Bo, Kia Cheng Hu, & Bo Lumpar!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Husband just released from prison now wife take over to go in! WTF!

In she go.

Who the IO ? And what higher authorities mean ?
Investigating means what a 5 month long wait ?

Assault means jailterm .

No jailterm means miscarriage of Justice .

Miscarriage of Justice constitute a riot to be held in Singapore

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women's Charter & NS have castrated Sg men making them Kia Bo, Kia Cheng Hu, & Bo Lumpar!

[COLOR="_______"]Yeah man cheng hu kang so easy to do. Just say they investigating and sweep under the carpet .[/COLOR]

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
women nowadays not like 44 years ago.

i think pap should remove the women charter, if not, in future, they will beat sinkies male to death.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO! If the guy got tatoo he would drive on.

That's why the 31-years super loyal employee kenna punched in the face, thinking that women is weak.

Even when I was towkay, customer eat and run, never pay, I also never run after them.

This kind of incident happens at work once in a while,like accidents during NS,
treat it as helping company do charity won't get a medal but won't end up
dead either.

Last edited: