• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This forum will close on 21 Sept 08

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://forums.delphiforums.com/otak69/messages

<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffee Shop Talk - This forum will close on 21 Sept 08</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">otak69 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">1:12 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1143.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Million dollar question : What can you do to save this community?

It has been a month since the chaotic period following leongsam's abrupt crossover to vbulletin. Our forum has since weathered the subsequent chaotic period, and has grown to steady readership of about 12,000-14,000 page views per day.

The concerns then were : 1. What are the security implications of the new vbulletin platform?
2. Why was there no consultation with the forummers and would forummers like such an abrupt shift?
3. What if the bro'hood falls into a new trap set by the pappies Internet Brigade or a decoy forum by leongsam again?
To me, there was a critical need for a known and trusted ex-SBF host to step up offer some sort of leadership and to hold the community back at Delphi Forums.

I would have felt comfortable supporting an unknown host since that host might be part of the pappies Internet Brigade which could do lots of things to destroy this community. If I were the Internet Brigade at that time, I 'd simply host an alternative Delphi forum under an unknown nick. Then after destroying the rest of the alternative forums, I'd use divide and conquer strategy to snuff out the few alternative voices in our own turf. That would be the Kiss of Death of Sgians' trying to voice out the wrongs that are being done to them online.
Hence there was a need to evolve a trusted platform for the bro'hood to grow so that it will be resilient against on-line attacks. While I've been holding the fort for the last 4 weeks, we have grown to a strong position now and it is time for the community to grow and evolve further.
I've been truly blessed to have to support and help of clear-headed forummers over the past 4 weeks.

It was, and still is my vision that our community be lead by a trusted bro who will lead this community to flourish.

To this end, I've sounded out specific individuals whom I can trust if they'd be interested in taking up a leadership role. Unforunately, those whom I've asked were not keen to do so. I've also done a week long campaign last week to invite fellow forummers to step up to support various functions needed to keep this community going. Here are those who are willing to help this forum:
Forum host – None. There was one interested forummer but he refused to communicate with me via email so I couldnt gauge his true level of interest.
Fees for forum – helppage
Moderation duties – rainnix
General offer to help - 2ndclasspeople
It would have been ideal if I could have source a trusted bro to take over this stall. But despite my my efforts, no one was willing to step forward. So, as discussed with zhihau early during the formative stages of this forum, I have learnt to accept the outcome that this community may be wiped out simply because we have failed to adapt to overcome the attack on us a month ago.

So, it is with a heavy heart that I make this announcement: Unless this community gets itself organised to take over this forum or to start another trusted alternative forum within 2 weeks, The Otak Stall cease operation at 2359 hrs on 21 Sept 2008.
This is a fulfilment of my promise, that I made when I started this forum, to allow a 2 week notice period before closing this forum.

It is my hope that fellow bros here will use this 2 week period wisely to co-ordinate yourselves so that you'll evolve into a stronger and more robust structure. Use this forum as a base to strategize and plan for your next move.

Suggestion: Some of you might even want to invite ex-SBF bros from other forums to come here to see if they are interested in the development of a community-initiated forum.
Warning: For destructive purposes, the Internet Brigade and/or competitor forums will be ever eager to get moles into the eventual management team that arises. Forummers do be wary of such entities in making your choices.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 9/7/2008 4:21 am by otak69</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">otak69 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">1:12 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (2 of 2) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>1143.2 in reply to 1143.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>As I've mentioned many times over the past few weeks, I'd rather close this forum than to let it fall into the wrong hands. There are lots of things written here and I have a responsibility to those who have written them. Hence, if I dont feel comfortable with the eventual choice of the appointed leader, I wont hand over the forum to him/her. The new forum host might have to start a new forum.
I hope that forummers will think clearly if they should support a particular forum simply because there are no other trusted alternatives around. If there are no other trusted alternatives around, perhaps it is better for forummers to go to other existing non-SBF forums and share your expertise and background knowledge with them there .Of course, that might require you to change your tone and posting style. It's an adaptation issue.
The people in those forums will read and understand how critical thinking should work in Sg and that is a positive step for countering the slanted reporting we get in our mainstream media. You will then make a difference to our nation.
In the next 2 weeks, I really hope that forummers would read through some of the old threads and learn how the thinking processes go on in analysing local news articles. The better you become at reading between and beyond the lines, the more critical a thinker you will be. Look through the hyperlinks in the interesting articles posted and bookmark the source so that you can read widely and know what is not reported in the local press even without this forum.
I like the analogy of a cancer. Cancer in a particular organ doesnt really kill it's host quickly. It's the spread or metastasis of the cells into the other organs that cause the death of the host organism. We are the cells hosted inside an organ now. Even though we are not aware of it, perhaps our struggle to keep everyone inside this forum is the worst thing I should be doing. Perhaps nature's course was meant for us to spread? I think going with the flow will reveal what fate ultimately has in stall for all of us.
Be brave, be bold. And ultimately, do what your conscience tells you is right.
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt noWrap width="24%"> Options</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
General offer to help - 2ndclasspeople ????

Wahahaha !!!

He can't even help himself !! The stupid ser bu ser idiot still taking English tuition from me !!