• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I'm a newbie here. My hubby and I have spent many sleepless nights this week thinking whether to purchase a house in JB, namely LFR Pinggiran Bayou ...

Leisure Farm not popular here I guess because:-

1. VFM not as good. Can get bigger units for your half a mil RM elsewhere.
2. Closest to CIQ but no direct exit from highway. Gurkha guards very professional. Shame they don't guard the quiet stretch to LF itself.

But if you must go for LF:-

Pinggiran Bayou:-

1. Not brand new. Lost that new house smell/look.
2. Narrow streets make opposing units too upclose to yours.
3. Wacky split level high ceiling design with funny upper floor catwalk.

Bayou Water Village is a better bet. Though smaller units, they look fresher, better laid out, with nicer clubhouses.

Nevertheless, other than the bungalow plots, LF lacks that homey vibe for me. It feels more like a holiday resort. If I'm being unkind, the units I've seen reminds me of East Coast holiday chalets. Especially considering the rattan furniture freebie they're throwing in.

The ultimate lure for LF may be the low entry cost. On top of free stamp, levy, renovations, aircon, furniture/fittings, they also give cash rebate off the dp which may mean you can come in just wash your feet for only as low as RM50,000 down.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I'm a newbie here. My hubby and I have spent many sleepless nights this week thinking whether to purchase a house in JB, namely LFR Pinggiran Bayou which we have viewed twice. It comes fully furnished, no renovations needed and will cost about RM550K. Our main purpose is to make it our retirement home but hope to rent it out in the meantime. Our greatest fear is that it may turn out to be a bad decision as soo many people have advised us against buying a house in JB, citing reasons such as the property will have no value, high crime rates and even security guards who gang up with robbers to rob homes when the owners are away, government may change laws, etc. I also noticed that mainly HH and EL are being discussed here as opposed to LFR. I wonder why because we think LFR is lovely though just a bit further from Nusajaya. I would appreciate any constructive feedback as I understand there are many JB home owners here. Thanks!

Hi I think Leisurefarm is nice, except the road is single lane out and need to pass through some palm trees. Plus the monthly maintenance fee is not low - like over RM400? - which is almost same as condo fees in Singapore and considered quite high to pay during retirement.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The major roads leading from Senai to Kulai was flooded. Cannot move. Those affected are the kampongs where water level rose but not as bad as the previous big flood back then cos the mudland government has learned to widen the canal. Several kampong roads were inaccessible.

Urban towns like Nusajaya, Bukit Indah area were unharmed although incessant rain did cause considerable damage to property and perennial flooding issues in parks etc. But the damage is not huge.

Singapore damn jialat. Either they kept refusing to heed any advice or warning or that the contingency plans just arent enough or are plain dumb. Singapore still has major floodings today i heard

Alamak... driving up north balik kampong for CNY... better not get stuck in heavy traffic + flood.

In all my years in SG, the last few years seemed to have a lot more reports on flooding, quite surprised especially in a properly constructed HDB carpark... i wonder if anyone monitored the altitude relative to sea level... the island might be sinking a little bit

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The major roads leading from Senai to Kulai was flooded. Cannot move. Those affected are the kampongs where water level rose but not as bad as the previous big flood back then cos the mudland government has learned to widen the canal. Several kampong roads were inaccessible.

Urban towns like Nusajaya, Bukit Indah area were unharmed although incessant rain did cause considerable damage to property and perennial flooding issues in parks etc. But the damage is not huge.

Singapore damn jialat. Either they kept refusing to heed any advice or warning or that the contingency plans just arent enough or are plain dumb. Singapore still has major floodings today i heard

The rain is not heavy in Bukit Indah / Nusajaya area but it has not stopped for 2 days. It is going to be a wet, wet, wet CNY. Weather forecast says it is going to be wet for the whole week.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
As what another bro mentioned, this place is strata-titled hence you are subjected to a lot of rules. One rule i know for sure is - NO PETS ALLOWED. The salespeople will try to be ambuguous but i checked before, they don't allow you to keep a dog even in your own house.

Agree, strata-title = No no. For the kind of money you are putting into, you should have lots more freedom. Agree with the bros on the points about LF. Thats why i wouldn't really go for it as there are other good choices around.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ok, just saw on the web, some flooding in Eastern part of SG. Hope everything is ok there. Something needs to be done soon,

By the way, attention angsc, seems there are some surveys that my bros in HH told me about from the HH folks, seems they are planning to look at daily transportation options, to either Woodlands or to Tuas checkpoint or to the Jusco area where the CW3 is. This may help add more alternatives to driving.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, just saw on the web, some flooding in Eastern part of SG. Hope everything is ok there. Something needs to be done soon,

By the way, attention angsc, seems there are some surveys that my bros in HH told me about from the HH folks, seems they are planning to look at daily transportation options, to either Woodlands or to Tuas checkpoint or to the Jusco area where the CW3 is. This may help add more alternatives to driving.

Thanks ! That's good news. Hope it does not take too long to implement and provide a well cover schedule for resident. I am hoping it will be a express non-stop from HH to MRT in Singapore. Would like to see how the response from the survey and how many Singapore are really staying there now .:smile:

lancevp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone. I've been following the discussions here and I found the viewpoints most useful. I finally took the plunge and got a semi-d at EL. Hoping for the best now :smile:

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok guys. Transfer fee from 1st owner to 2nd owner is about 34k.
Also Celcom Wireless broadband average per day is about 3mbps around gateway however lame as limit to 5gb per cycle.
where to meet u guys?
Also is it free to get those roof antennae thingy? Who do I get from?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
For anyone still sitting on the fence on buying JB property, I was one of you. My PR colleague who was born & bred in Kluang, made compelling points why she herself would not buy in JB, all covered by the naysayers in this forum. Having had the experience of driving into JB from the Causeway I could relate to the uneasiness one feels in a Singapore-plate car when getting onto Jalan Tebrau with motorbikes & cars zooming all over, feeling all eyes on you.

Then one fine weekend I decided to visit the west via Tuas. Conta ry to my expectations, it was love at first sight for Horizon Hills. But East Ledang showhouses were stunning (HH don't have as they are too confident the concept will sell for itself and so far, true). I chose HH finally as I liked its ambience, privacy and its entire concept. I related to it and somehow clicked with me. Being near Bukit Indah ('Beautiful Hill')'s Jusco (along with the Breadtalk & Toast Box, A&W, and Old Town Coffee, in it), gave me a feeling of comfort and familiarity that HH is here to stay, helping a nice & safe assimilation into JB. Don't get me wrong, I like EL very much, HH just pips it for me personally.

What turned the love into a commitment for me, was stumbling into this forum and reading the forum's brothers & sisters contributions; the good, the bad and the ugly. It has been a unique experience-sharing platform that I have never seen elsewhere.

So for those on the fence scared by the 'experience' of others, do note the big difference is that now, there has been a real political shift in the leadership generation that has withstood wikileaks & hard truths moments. And the rise of gated freehold communities has been a key driver in changing the investable status of JB housing, vs the past. The brothers and sisters who invested in other gated communities like Setia Tropika, Taman Sutera, Mont Calista have also seen good appreciation in their property values and living stds. I come in at higher end now but I do strongly believe in its potential...I just wanted to share this hidden gem across the border. Happy New Year to you all and find here some leisurely informative holiday reading...

For beginners, an interesting feature on Iskandar & Nusajaya from a recent iproperty magazine issue pages 30-36

http://issuu.com/iproperty.com/docs/issue68

From the Star today;
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/1/31/business/7870087&sec=business

"the Government decided to allocate an additional RM600mil for Iskandar in November from the RM339mil announced by Najib in Budget 2011..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, bros here. Can anyone point me to a website which lets me print out a sample for rental tenancy agreements? I would like to rent out my extra rooms. Thanks in advance.:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Ok, to be fair on the floodingwise, Johor has some flooding yesterday too, 2 ladies died in outlying areas due to heavy flooding when they were swept away.

My folks and friends in HH were not affected though. Seems global warming is really manifesting itself.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone. I've been following the discussions here and I found the viewpoints most useful. I finally took the plunge and got a semi-d at EL. Hoping for the best now :smile:

Congrats and welcome to the neighbourhood. Did you buy a Type D?
I believe it came with the 30k Signature kitchen vouchers?

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
For anyone still sitting on the fence on buying JB property, I was one of you. My PR colleague who was born & bred in Kluang, made compelling points why she herself would not buy in JB, all covered by the naysayers in this forum. Having had the experience of driving into JB from the Causeway I could relate to the uneasiness one feels in a Singapore-plate car when getting onto Jalan Tebrau with motorbikes & cars zooming all over, feeling all eyes on you.

Then one fine weekend I decided to visit the west via Tuas. Conta ry to my expectations, it was love at first sight for Horizon Hills. But East Ledang showhouses were stunning (HH don't have as they are too confident the concept will sell for itself and so far, true). I chose HH finally as I liked its ambience, privacy and its entire concept. I related to it and somehow clicked with me. Being near Bukit Indah ('Beautiful Hill')'s Jusco (along with the Breadtalk & Toast Box, A&W, and Old Town Coffee, in it), gave me a feeling of comfort and familiarity that HH is here to stay, helping a nice & safe assimilation into JB. Don't get me wrong, I like EL very much, HH just pips it for me personally.

What turned the love into a commitment for me, was stumbling into this forum and reading the forum's brothers & sisters contributions; the good, the bad and the ugly. It has been a unique experience-sharing platform that I have never seen elsewhere.

So for those on the fence scared by the 'experience' of others, do note the big difference is that now, there has been a real political shift in the leadership generation that has withstood wikileaks & hard truths moments. And the rise of gated freehold communities has been a key driver in changing the investable status of JB housing, vs the past. The brothers and sisters who invested in other gated communities like Setia Tropika, Taman Sutera, Mont Calista have also seen good appreciation in their property values and living stds. I come in at higher end now but I do strongly believe in its potential...I just wanted to share this hidden gem across the border. Happy New Year to you all and find here some leisurely informative holiday reading...

For beginners, an interesting feature on Iskandar & Nusajaya from a recent iproperty magazine issue pages 30-36

http://issuu.com/iproperty.com/docs/issue68

From the Star today;
http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/1/31/business/7870087&sec=business

"the Government decided to allocate an additional RM600mil for Iskandar in November from the RM339mil announced by Najib in Budget 2011..

Yup, missed the first boat but second boat is still ok.

Bros in this forum itself is enough to keep Nusajaya going :biggrin:

lancevp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congrats and welcome to the neighbourhood. Did you buy a Type D?
I believe it came with the 30k Signature kitchen vouchers?

Yes, got the type D and was able to catch the promo that included 30k signature kitchen vouchers. But I don't know exactly what the vouchers can buy.

EL is really nice, although I must say that a premium development probably needs a bigger clubhouse in the future. Hopefully one with badminton courts :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.