• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, im not an expect and im not trying to predict anything. It's just my opinion after visited almost all the developments in JB in the past 4 weeks. And some agents did tell me that increasingly, many people are unable to get loan. No loan = lesser demand = lower price soon? I'm in as great a dilemma as I'm still trying to make a call whether to buy at NI now :S

P/s: The banks used to approve loan based on gross income and your installment up to 40% of gross income. Now it's based on nett income and max 30%. The effect on sales is there already, based on what I have gathered

I think this is good that the bank are tighter when it comes to approving loan. The US property crash (and rise) happens because of the lack of control in giving out loans. People who buy JB property should therefore be able to hold on to it and less likely to a forced lelong sale.

I also note that JB price held steady during 2008-2009 where SG property crash bigtime.
It depends very much on developers price setting. Are they so desparate to make new sales next yr or can they hold on for some time? It's anybody's guess but my personal feel is that people would still buy at current price when they realize prices are not dropping...provided Iskandar story continue evolving. The tipping point of IM next year might provide support for the poor economic conditions anticipated.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

If after 30 years and fully paid, i found out i can't sell for 2 million, i am willing to stay in it than to sell. But a 4 fold increase over such a long time is reasonable. =)

Agree, the mom and i intend to leave the houses to our children. If the future price is the same as current value is also good by us. The children don't have to come up with a single cent and they get to inherit a HDB flat (which must liquidate once we are gone), a free-hold landed house in nearby johor (which they can stay fully paid up or sell to reinvest...) and maybe another one in ... They have a few roofs over their heads in 3 different locations, hedge against local, regional and global reconomic forces as well as global warming,rising sea level,etc... we are not flippers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Yonglip,
One of my colleagues just related to me how the rented BI house of one of his ex-colleague was broken into and have most of its things moved out using a lorry in broad daylight.
His neighbour in the taman noticed a few people came in a lorry to move his things and the neighbour thought my collegue's friend was moving house. Suspected nothing amiss....
My advice to him was..."Know Thy Neighbour"....
Nowadays, many hardly socialize with their neighbours. To me, one's neighbours are the closest one can get to help us to look after our house, especially, if the house is vacant during the day time...

yes. the moving lorry trick. My cousin's bungalow at Palm resort (senai) also kanna the same trick sometime ago. But i tot this trick outdated liao?..nowadays, parang and direct entry seems to be the rage.

cheers.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I'm shaking and contemplating what to do. I want NI but is this the entry point now or jan 12, based on speculation that they might reduce price. What's the odds? Big guess here

And darn, I was going to go to NI office, bang table and demand for 10%, now I can only bang myself haha

Btw, I didn't know about the dmc for P8. Can u share what u have gathered about the dmc? I know about he maintenance clause only. Thanks :smile:

Correction:
I was informed by the SA that the 10% --> 10k rebate promotion will end this Sat!!

Thank you to Bro DreamorAction for pointing this out...:p what a difference...how I wish it was a 10% rebate....hahaha...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi yonglip, my statement was based on the fact from coming from woodlands. U r right. I'm familiar with the surrounding. Yes, agree that the road is jammed because of the traffic going to Sutera. Skudai highway is another murder. I like to eat in Sutera, and on Friday I always look forward to go there. BI road is the best alternative and skudai, so what to do, just join the queue lor haha. In fact on a weekend, lots of illegal parings outside jusco now. I think the problem won't be solved even with the multi stores carpark. It's just getting too vibrant which has its pros and cons. All in all, more vibrancy means more shops (and hopefully more food shops) and I'll be happily spending my $$$ lol

bro. i think u are still not very familiar with the location of places there. the condos are located near the circular and therefore if coming from Sing, one does not really need to go thro the always jammed nusa bestari roads (which is the road outside giant) to get to and from the condos. As a matter of fact that road is used by people to/from Sutera Utama.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cash rich people especially international investors will try to grab and in turns hold the price, if not forcing it upwards. But we r only talking about the high end properties. For those in middle range and less than 500k, I think it will drop to suit local's appetite?? Just guessing. Yes, there was little effects in 08/09, but then the entry point/barrier was much lower then? It was 250k right?

Recently, there is no more big new excitements for nusajaya / medini? The latest was only sunway purchasing a piece of land? Hope the momentum can go on strong ......
I think this is good that the bank are tighter when it comes to approving loan. The US property crash (and rise) happens because of the lack of control in giving out loans. People who buy JB property should therefore be able to hold on to it and less likely to a forced lelong sale.

I also note that JB price held steady during 2008-2009 where SG property crash bigtime.
It depends very much on developers price setting. Are they so desparate to make new sales next yr or can they hold on for some time? It's anybody's guess but my personal feel is that people would still buy at current price when they realize prices are not dropping...provided Iskandar story continue evolving. The tipping point of IM next year might provide support for the poor economic conditions anticipated.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, I'm shaking and contemplating what to do. I want NI but is this the entry point now or jan 12, based on speculation that they might reduce price. What's the odds? Big guess here

And darn, I was going to go to NI office, bang table and demand for 10%, now I can only bang myself haha

Btw, I didn't know about the dmc for P8. Can u share what u have gathered about the dmc? I know about he maintenance clause only. Thanks :smile:

I suspect the DMC is the same for all tamans that practice it..the lawyers just change the development name thats all. Its just a piece of document detailing what u as the purchaser can or cannot do (a lot of clauses) and also what the vendor (i.e. the developer) should do (very little).

I specifically rem one clause inside..."purchaser shall not run around the precint naked"...haha..kidding la.

One eg. cannot use the house for illegal purpose

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont mind having the clause of "no alteration or addition without prior approval". This will maintain consistency of the precinct and no house still stand out like a sore eye.

Yah, u just cracked me up laughing out loud. I will request for that clause - No running naked but can swim in the lake naked! Muahahahhaha

I suspect the DMC is the same for all tamans that practice it..the lawyers just change the development name thats all. Its just a piece of document detailing what u as the purchaser can or cannot do (a lot of clauses) and also what the vendor (i.e. the developer) should do (very little).

I specifically rem one clause inside..."purchaser shall not run around the precint naked"...haha..kidding la.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, have you target a particular unit in NI8B already? Intermediate or end lot or corner unit? In any case, whether now or Jan 12, let me welcome you to the neighbourhood :smile:

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi DREAMorACTION,

Foreigner can only purchae property above RM500k. Terrace at NI8B is about RM540k. If price really drop, then foreigner can't buy anymore. Hence, I suspect that UEM will not drop the price. Even if they do, it should be marginal.

Just my 2 cents thought.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cash rich people especially international investors will try to grab and in turns hold the price, if not forcing it upwards. But we r only talking about the high end properties. For those in middle range and less than 500k, I think it will drop to suit local's appetite?? Just guessing. Yes, there was little effects in 08/09, but then the entry point/barrier was much lower then? It was 250k right?

Recently, there is no more big new excitements for nusajaya / medini? The latest was only sunway purchasing a piece of land? Hope the momentum can go on strong ......

The announcement in Jan. Wait for LHL and Najib announcement..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't panic, haha. Be firm, the speculation that NI will give discount was among ourselves and it was quickly corrected. In my opinion, UEM will not be so generous, at most they will give 10k, DIBS, etc.

Anyways, these GLC have holding power and it is good for us if they sell slowly rather than keep selling and building causing oversupply. They have been selling too much earning so much from cheap land for the past few years, it's time they take it slow and lonnnng.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh, likely to be intermediate. End lot is left with those shorter version, bout 65" instead of 70 or 75. Oh u have secured one? When was it and what was the price then? Yeah, I hope to join p8b soon. Decision decision decision!

Just being nosey abit. What convinced u to buy in 8b? :smile:

P7a targets to complete by middle next year. If I want to move in fast, I might also consider it. Lots of intermediate in 7a and 8b left, so no hurry except the 10k promo ... Arghhhh!

Bro, have you target a particular unit in NI8B already? Intermediate or end lot or corner unit? In any case, whether now or Jan 12, let me welcome you to the neighbourhood :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yonglip bro is full of jokes these days. Must be in good mood, I like the low crime high crime joke especially. =)

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

20111225_144729.jpg

Yonglip bro, your hotel is progressing well ^^ can enjoy your holidays there =)

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal

the clause of "no alteration or addition without prior approval". This will maintain consistency of the precinct. ...

This is good also. I remember reading somewhere in this forum that some properties at Leisure Farm has the same criteria. Looking at Nusa Duta, some residence remove the side windows and plaster up, some extent their master bedroom belcony with various configurations. But then again this is free-hold landed living. You go to 6th avenue, simon road, st michaels road etc...in 30 years time all look different... but personally i prefer some rules to preserve the architectural coherency of the neighbourhood.

There is a new development along AMK ave 5, Luxus Hill. Looks impressive, uniform, contemporary, spacious too. But what happen when owners begin to add here, add there, alter here, alter there, remove this, remove that, change the colour and add a neo classical very orbiang column into his car porch? Vomit blood ?! :eek: So in 30 years time, all will look different. LOL ...

Status
Not open for further replies.