• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alvin - +60 16 7781396 - Tell him its from the guy with the kindergarden who doesn't want commissions

Some other numbers:

Good solar film guy, Ah Hui - +60 12 780 4888

Good guy working at Nusa Duta - +60 16 754 7364 Marcus Soh

Hi Wuqi,

Thanks for the contact. btw, Marcus Soh provide what kind of services?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
What is a R.E.A.L school ? You mean other just masak-masak. The hardest decision to move over to JB for most parents with children are their ECA and tuitions. Until the day when we see reliable tuition center there and perhaps more reliable transport system between the two countries, I really don't see an exodus of people moving over. I face the same problem myself.

Bro, what kind of ECA and tuition do you need? Friends are approaching me to set up more schools here, this time catering to a different market. I still like seeing adorable little bundles of joy (some say terror) walking (sometimes running) around and playing the playground that we designed. Feeling is very different everytime i visit the school.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sure, he is a good person to talk to with regards to the houses available at Nusa Duta. He is also the best litmus test of the attitudes of locals towards housing as he was one of the most sceptical in the beginning.

Also, Ah Meng at Overseas Tyre (opposite Station One cafe) The one with the yellow sign board. Price and quality, i still use him.
All my cars uses Pirelli tyres from him.

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Vincent

Thanks for sharing , but my sales never mention RGB tie up with them , so can I look for other banks myself ?
If yes , please provide Jasmine email and telephone number .
So MRTA is not necessary , cover death nia , then i better save up this money ...

Thanks in advance.

normally with MRTA, bank offer better loan package. You may bargain with the banker to get min MRTA which is 5 years with the same package. some banker will told you bank policy to have 10 years MRTA minumum if you want to enjoy the good package, but personal experience, is all up to the banker. if you tell them you'll take ohter bank package, they may come back to you with minimum 5 years and still enjoy the good package. in this case, you have a win win situation.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, what kind of ECA and tuition do you need? Friends are approaching me to set up more schools here, this time catering to a different market. I still like seeing adorable little bundles of joy (some say terror) walking (sometimes running) around and playing the playground that we designed. Feeling is very different everytime i visit the school.

Setting up schools may not be a problem. i think finding good quality teachers who are able to speak and write good English and teach the SG school syllabus (and paying them In Sg dollars) will be tough.

Currently, as far as I know, teachers who teach in popular tuition centres are paid at least $50 an hour (or 120 RM per hour) .

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is a R.E.A.L school ? You mean other just masak-masak. The hardest decision to move over to JB for most parents with children are their ECA and tuitions. Until the day when we see reliable tuition center there and perhaps more reliable transport system between the two countries, I really don't see an exodus of people moving over. I face the same problem myself.

Agree. Moving to JB is easier if the family chooses to homeschool their children..:biggrin: which I heard some are doing so.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi LG, it appears that you are not clear about the JB areas and the lifestyle there. You need to make a trip or a few trips down to HH or Bukit Indah areas to see for yourself if the place and the lifestyle suit you and your aging parents.

Driving is a necessity when living in JB. Don't expect it to be like living in Singapore when food, shopping and clinic are accessible just 5 min downstairs . You need to walk on roads which are without pavements (unlike SG roads) with hardly any pedestrian crossings and at the same time, holding tight to your belongings and looking out for snatch thieves on motorbikes. All in all, you need to be more vigilant than usual.

There is one new condominium (think it is SKy Loft by Setia) that is the nearest to amenties (TESCO and coffeeshops just across).

My advice is still GO SEE FOR YOURSELF! A picture speaks a thousand words. Wishing you the best in your search :smile:

I agree going and seeing for yourself is important. You can actually walk around downtown JB. It isn't like Singapore, but in many places there are sidewalks and crosswalks. Compared to walking around Penang (which I found next to impossible) JB is extremely pedestrian friendly (compared to Singapore it is not).

It is too bad that so many roads (even downtown are not nearly as pedestrian friendly as they could be. It is important to work on this now, if JB wants to be seen as having a high standard of living 20 years from now (compared to world class cities like Singapore, Paris...). In order to attract knowledge workers (engineers, computer programmers, professors, scientists...) this type of thinking is needed. If JB doesn't want to compete to attract those people then it is less important. Also making sure good parklands are planned in advance (again Singapore has done this well) is important (this type of thing requires thinking decades into the future).

Busses are ok now but the system needs big improvements (a website that let people know where the busses run for example). In my opinion, driving around JB is much better than driving in KL or Penang (much more relaxed driving and more free from jams) and it is much cheaper than driving in Singapore.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
normally with MRTA, bank offer better loan package. You may bargain with the banker to get min MRTA which is 5 years with the same package. some banker will told you bank policy to have 10 years MRTA minumum if you want to enjoy the good package, but personal experience, is all up to the banker. if you tell them you'll take ohter bank package, they may come back to you with minimum 5 years and still enjoy the good package. in this case, you have a win win situation.

Hi Investjb
Thanks for sharing , i still blur blur tells them I wan 30yrs MRTA .....

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your good intention to help out all brothers and sisters here. Tuition is only half the problem, good tutors not easy to come by even in SG. School ECA(CCA) is the main headache which is conducted in school and not always of fixed schedule.
I am going to wait it out till they are done with school probably by then I also retire liao. Meantime, keeping my spirit up here ! Occasionally , go and join some house to house gathering there to breath some fresh air and relax lah ! :-)

Last edited:

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Met a guy with a similar antenna installed above his terrace, asked him any safety measure against lightning and he dunno, said left all to the vendor who installed it. What I could see was the pole holding the antenna was bolted to the wooden frame of the roof, and a common tv cable run from the antenna into his house. dunno what he got at his tv connectors. But I suspect the antenna is a potential lightning striking rod.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the spirit !!! Looking forward to mini-singaporean-cum-malaysian-get-together session. hope that this community will flourish till our retirement !
By that time, I think we would know each other better thru this forum...

I will bring along the papayas in my garden, grown naturally without pesticides or even fertilizer. Extremely sweet, one time my maid went to pluck a few for us and passed some to my wife to juice.

We didn't know then, it was from our own garden, when i asked where did she buy them from as they were nice and sweet, she said from your own garden. Really enjoyed fruits of my dads labour (he planted them) The dragon fruit, the papayas, nice.
Papaya tree was another tree my dad planted back when I was growing up... my dad likes gardening, to a point you cannot see my single storey house in Ipoh because of all the mango, coconut, papaya, mulberry, etc plants growing around it. Also, we had the small-leaf plant that we grew on our fence and had little tiny red fruits; not for eating though.

My mil bought a longan tree about 3ft tall and bearing lotsa fruits and a mango tree 2ft tall with fruits :wink:
Yah, that's another idea... in fact, even better to speed up the growth... not too sure about longan, but I find it hard to believe a 2ft tall mango tree can produce fruits already. How big are the fruits?

THanks for the Info. i think so far CHL offer the cheapest rate among others. but not sure how is the service quality. with your experience, think i can proceed with this mover. :smile: thanks for the advise.
Compared to Patrick and Tong Carriage, CHL seems to be more established as a moving company. The boss of the worker, Peter Lau is a bit rough on th edges, but took my remark (for the worker to be more careful) seriously when I saw his worker wrapping my cabinet boards and the worker pulled it on the ground. So, I would recommend them for their adherence to timing promised and reliability, but I would advise to watch when they pack/wrap the items and when they move it.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks teck21 for the update. Too bad i have to work tomorrow.

Saw pictures of the golf view @ gateway.... very nice... does the curent launch of the semi-d comes with gorgeous golf view?..heard they are facing highway....

btw, can pm me yr agent contact?

I believe only the bungalows in the current launch (The Hills) have good views of the golf course, and these are of course priced at premium. Was at the sales office again earlier, and the sales guy pointed out a unit and said it was purchased by the sultan lol.

Anyway, this is the correct pricing for current launch of Hills (Cluster and below, I didn't ask about semis or bungalows):

Superlinks -
26x80 with built-up area of up to just over 3,000 sqft, starting at 800k up

Clusters -
32x75, forgot the built-up areas, starting from 920k

Units viewed at Golf today:
Saw 2 intermediate semi-D cluster units (32x75) today, priced at 785k and 750k respectively
2 intermediate link terrace houses (24x75), one completed, another one to complete by June next year according to agent, both asking 670k
1 intermediate link terrace (22x70) completed, rather expensively renovated and well-maintained by Singaporean owners who use it as recreational home asking for 700k nego

Current market I think is such that it will be very hard to get anything in HH on a 500k budget, best hope is to try the smaller inter-terraces in The Gateway. Perhaps a market downturn may come soon and make it easier, but current market conditions make 500k a very difficult proposition imo.

Happy to share more specific information with whoever is actively house hunting so we can know what's on the market at what kind of price, and marketed by whom. Just PM me, this thread moves a bit too quickly!

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Observations made by a German national who has lived in Singapore for 9 years. Seemed familar???

44 years of economic and material success have spawned some very
strange behaviours among Singaporeans.

They spent so much to buy a house or flat, furnished it up like a
palace, but spent their time outside, most of the time at work. And
the maids are the ones enjoying the million-dollar or
multi-million-dollar assets..

Then they pay so much, the highest in the world, for a car only to
park at home. Too expensive to drive, too many ERPs and car park
charges to pay. And they are encouraged to park their cars at home and
take public transport, being cheaper and more convenient.

And when Singaporeans travel, instead of seeing the places, they went
shopping. The best part is that they would head for the cheapest
bargains, buying stuff that they could get in Chinatown or pasar
malam, at even cheaper prices. But they are still happy that they got
a bargain.

And while the heartlanders are busy trying to make a life here, being
told to bust off if they are not happy, which they could not, the rich
and presumably very happy and contented citizens are buying up
properties overseas just in case they need to make that escape from
this paradise.

While many Singaporeans are thinking of jumping ship, or preparing to
jump ship, hoards of new immigrants are rushing in to take their place
in this paradise.

And to top it all up, they keep complaining about the govt and all the
policies that they found unpalatable, but come every election, they
will vote and return the govt to power.

Strange Singaporean behaviours !

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Observations made by a German national who has lived in Singapore for 9 years. Seemed familar???

a bargain.

this paradise.

in this paradise.

Lol... to sum it up it appears Singaporeans' idea of living a good life is rather unusual

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Familiar but look like it sum up Singaporeans at different stage of their life.

Just started work (age 18-25)- go chatuchak shopping in Thailand and buy cheap stuff any country we go.

Age 25-35 buy car because wife are pregnant or are courting girls. But parking and erp too expensive so park at home (balance between be a good husband and financial planning. We should celebrate it. Of course there are some who is silly and buy a car beyond their means for no good reason.

Well to do, including some heartlanders, buy overseas properties to diversify their investment portfolio more than as a back up plan.

Palace? Know only a few. Even some of the GCBs in holland and bukit timah are at most luxurious looking and not palace.

Why many still vote govt?
1) job opportunities still the best
2) global city (high property price - we are weathier than our neighbors because of price inflation) provide us the option to buy a bigger property in other countries. Many people do not have such an option.
3) strong currency SGD can buy more imports than 10years ago. Improve living standard.
4) no good alternative party till recently

In a globalize world, if any leaders just want to make property affordable, it will make their citizens poorer over times if there are property inflation else where. Good leaders need to do a trade off between making voters happy and preserving their wealth.

To me the most ideal solution to property affordability is high paying jobs rather than keeping the price low.

The above reasons make me believe that Malaysia will be able to enhance the wealth of their voters and investors if they focus on job creation. As average income increase so will property prices.

Cheers to stronger trust and cooperation between the 2 countries.

PH

a bargain.

this paradise.

in this paradise.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just spoken to some expats over the weekend and many say that they are bearish. The good news is that many already sold their property last year and this year. Plus many that buy from them cannot sell in the next 3-4 years because of the seller stamp duties. As such, I do not think Singapore property will not fall so much.

The price of land at Ledang height is MYR70-80psf (SGD30-35psf)freehold (consider prime) where sembawang is SGD450-500 for leasehold (outskirts). Either Singapore is too expensive or Malaysia too cheap. Whatever, there need to me some convergence. I always believe in relative value.

Hope the above does help....

Cheers,
PH

On Monday 28 November 2011, 21:37 SGT

Singapore's property sector may soon face difficult times, as Standard Chartered Bank's latest report has stated a bearish outlook for the market.

According to the bank's analysts, prices and rents of residential properties in Singapore will drop by 30 percent over the next three years.

This will be quite a setback, given that prices rose 18 percent in 2010, as Singapore recovered strongly from the global financial crisis. Prices soared a further six percent in the first three quarters of this year.

In addition, the bank expects some problems ahead, such as the unprecedented supply of completed homes coming on-stream and slower population growth due to stricter immigration policies.

"We expect lower population growth and high completions to induce a 20-30 percent decline in home prices in 2012-2014," said the StanChart analysts. "When residential prices went into a four-year downcycle from 2001, residential developers traded at 0.6-0.8 times price-to-book ratio."

The gloomy outlook came after property developers reported subdued results for the third quarter this year, attributed to lower contributions from their development units.

For the latest property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our property news section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for a Singapore property may like to visit http://www.propertyguru.com.sg today.

Looking at the above article , do you guys think it is better to push back our JB purchase ?
If SG property is down 30% , does it make better investment than JB leh ?
Was thinking of adding a JB house ,but if SG properties down next year by 20 - 30 % , I think we should get better pricing in JB too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.