• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
I mean I may not pay SGD 1m more for puteri harbour land vs LH. Cos at LH, paying SGD 1m less, I can get bigger house and bigger land... Hope it clarify....

Cheers,
PH

Hi PH,
I don't quite get what you mean from your above statement.
You mean you're willing to pay almost Sgd1 mil for a 3 room condo in Puteri Harbour but don't see that a waterfront bungalow there is worth Sgd1 mil?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for checking Bro! Looks like they rised prices of some of the lower psf units (by Imperia standards) during pre-launch!

On a separate note, I read an interesting article this morning. Talks about the current momentum but at the same time covers some of the imperatives for success:

http://thestar.com.my/columnists/st...insightdownsouth/9929094&sec=insightdownsouth

The same article above just appeared in Yahoo News about an hour ago.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/city-taking-shape-next-door-110213987.html

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean I may not pay SGD 1m more for puteri harbour land vs LH. Cos at LH, paying SGD 1m less, I can get bigger house and bigger land... Hope it clarify....

Cheers,
PH

Oic thanks for sharing your views :wink:
As for me, if I can afford :smile:, I'm willing to pay additional SGD1 mil for a bungalow in Puteri Harbour which can allow me to 'Tao cheng par chia, ow beh par zhun' :biggrin: (if u understand hokkien)

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Lemans2011,

You still dare to go to that coffeeshop despite being robbed previously? I was never robbed there but the place is too messy for my liking. I have never dined there except once with my relatives who know the place well and in a malaysia car of course. I love to dine at the Crystal Pearl Restaurant nearby ( same owner ) .. it is airconditioned and definitely not so messy! The food is ok, the female boss in her 20s is damn pretty. The price is not that bad and I usually stay there to use their wifi as well when I drop by.

Yesterday dropped by this Chef Wah alone for lunch and was "chopped" RM 50 exactly for one person meal. Oh dear I should have gone to Crystal Pearl Resturant.

For those innocent guys like me, better avoid Parris Hotel if u can. If u are going for massage, before u know it, another OKT called Ben and come between you and the masage IC and bring u to the 7th floor for sex with very pretty PRC girls. I avoided and literally had to dash for safety. This OKT is Ah Ben and the charges is RM 180.

Seems that a reputable spa like Parris have become another joint for vice activities. I am just going for a harmless massage, thats all! I am wondering if the spa at HH has also become a joint with vice activities going on.

Crystal pearl is not bad but the prices have gone up...recently they changed to new menu and prices of some dishes are higher now...

Went to Vivo cafe at Sutera mall over the weekend and they had new menu...my favourite green tea latte price has gone up from Rm5.90 to Rm6.90, that is a hefty 17 percent increase!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i tried chef wah last Fri evening , abt 7 plus , only have 1 table before us ...The servers there more than customers...
After that, another small grp came in and brought a pail of shells (i think its lala )for them to cook , didnt know can do that
The food ok la , i saw that lunch they have promotion from mon-fri for dishes RM6.80/plate , will try it one day

The Rm6.80 dishes are pretty good....you can try the fish sauce pork slice, lots of meat and quite tasty...

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wonder, anyone tries to find out the cost of a yatch, maintaining it and having a skipper? To complete the picture perfect house with backyard "par chuoon"

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always believe there are "pockets of opportunities" in the subsale or resale market for the mere fact you can bargain with owner but harder with developer. My Nusa Idaman landlord sold his phase 2A (earliest phase) corner terrace (1895 sft built up, abt 2700 sft land) for RM300k which i thought was ridiculously low.. but according to him that is the pricing in the resale market.

Hence for those buying to stay and not exactly thinking very hard about investment returns, resale market is ok.

If I am a msian, I also want to buy resale at this kind of price...your landlord sold the house with tenancy or not...the new landlord got increase your rent?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at the comments at the end of above article, I can't feel how shallow and judgmental these Singaporeans are...

That's good for us actually. If everyone has had confidence in Malaysian Government, even Wuqi himself who decided to purchase his units in 2009 would have already missed the boat as Iskandar was announced in 2006. So consider ourselves lucky that everyone else, including Malaysians themselves, don't believe in the capabilities of Malaysian Government.

We have been following news about new foreign investments coming in to Iskandar region, especially Nusajaya, and we know that foreign investments are pouring in at a very much faster rate during the last 2 months. Most people doesn't know about all these committed investments from overseas as they are not interested 'yet' I would say. By the time Nusajaya comes alive next year with the mega mall, theme parks, hotels, foreign universities etc, more people will then know about Nusajaya and visit this new city. Singaporeans even visit normal shopping malls in Johor like Holiday Plaza, Pelangi, City square, Jusco etc. The new Lifestyle Mall in Nusajaya, which is bigger than Vivo City, will definitely attract hordes of Singaporeans and Malaysians. There's no doubt about that.

Since last year, I believed that the real demand is not here yet because people have to visit Nusajaya physically to appreciate it's offerings. Just like the many here who quoted 'it was love at first sight'. I've purchased in East Ledang for more than a year already and my own sister has not seen East Ledang until recently. Last year, I told her that I'll reserve a room for her for weekend stay. She told me, "There's no need to reserve a room for me bro, I'll NEVER visit that place". Like everyone else - She said so because she knows that Johor is not as safe as Singapore. Like everyone else - she imagines that the place is just like JB city which is kinda messy and dirty. Like everyone else - she assumes that the properties there are of lousy quality and has lousy environment. Last week or 2 weeks ago, she wanted to go to Johor for some other reason and I brought her to East Ledang, Horizon Hills and Puteri Harbour. When we came back home, she told me, "Bro, you HAVE to reserve a room for me in East Ledang, I'd love to use it for weekend stay".

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's good for us actually. If everyone has had confidence in Malaysian Government, even Wuqi himself who decided to purchase his units in 2009 would have already missed the boat as Iskandar was announced in 2006. So consider ourselves lucky that everyone else, including Malaysians themselves, don't believe in the capabilities of Malaysian Government.

We have been following news about new foreign investments coming in to Iskandar region, especially Nusajaya, and we know that foreign investments are pouring in at a very much faster rate during the last 2 months. Most people doesn't know about all these committed investments from overseas as they are not interested 'yet' I would say. By the time Nusajaya comes alive next year with the mega mall, theme parks, hotels, foreign universities etc, more people will then know about Nusajaya and visit this new city. Singaporeans even visit normal shopping malls in Johor like Holiday Plaza, Pelangi, City square, Jusco etc. The new Lifestyle Mall in Nusajaya, which is bigger than Vivo City, will definitely attract hordes of Singaporeans and Malaysians. There's no doubt about that.

Since last year, I believed that the real demand is not here yet because people have to visit Nusajaya physically to appreciate it's offerings. Just like the many here who quoted 'it was love at first sight'. I've purchased in East Ledang for more than a year already and my own sister has not seen the units until recently. Last year, I told her that I'll reserve a room for her for weekend stay. She told me, "There's no need to reserve a room for me bro, I'll NEVER visit that place". She said so because she knows that Johor is not as safe as Singapore, she imagines that the place is just like JB city, she assumes that the properties there are of lousy quality and lousy environment. Last week or 2 weeks ago, she wanted to go to Johor for some other reason and I brought her to East Ledang, Horizon Hills and Puteri Harbour. When we are back home, she told me, "Bro, you HAVE to reserve a room for me in East Ledang, I'd love to use it for weekend stay".

Earlier this year when I told my friend I bought a place in JB, she said "Are you crazy?!"...Recently she suddenly told me she has heard about Iskandar and very keen to visit me next year when my place is ready....I have not done any marketing to her...btw she is a successful property investor in Spore, so slowly and surely more and more people are aware and not as negative in JB as before....

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi investor,

About those who assume n presume that this side of the Jb is as messy as the lane one side are just normal. I believe many of us experienced that. I always reminds them, those who laugh first, laugh last..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since last year, I believed that the real demand is not here yet because people have to visit Nusajaya physically to appreciate it's offerings. Just like the many here who quoted 'it was love at first sight'. I've purchased in East Ledang for more than a year already and my own sister has not seen East Ledang until recently. Last year, I told her that I'll reserve a room for her for weekend stay. She told me, "There's no need to reserve a room for me bro, I'll NEVER visit that place". She said so because she knows that Johor is not as safe as Singapore, she imagines that the place is just like JB city, she assumes that the properties there are of lousy quality and lousy environment. Last week or 2 weeks ago, she wanted to go to Johor for some other reason and I brought her to East Ledang, Horizon Hills and Puteri Harbour. When we are back home, she told me, "Bro, you HAVE to reserve a room for me in East Ledang, I'd love to use it for weekend stay".

I've met Malaysians who stay in Bukit Indah, but have never visited Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Puteri Habour or Leisure Farm. Even many JB people have never visited these new places. :rolleyes:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi investor,

About those who assume n presume that this side of the Jb is as messy as the lane one side are just normal. I believe many of us experienced that. I always reminds them, those who laugh first, laugh last..

Hello Sanur, I don't want to sound like the diction police, but I believe you meant " those who laugh last, laugh the best or the loudest or the longest......" depending on the circumstances..... :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Sanur, I don't want to sound like the diction police, but I believe you meant " those who laugh last, laugh the best or the loudest or the longest......" depending on the circumstances..... :smile:

Haha..hahahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAha.... I mEant those whO laugh first will havE The lasT lAugh lol.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here.... When I first bought imperia, all
My friends and relatives say I am crazy. But after the iskandar article and the recent announcement, 3 of them actually follow me for the main launch of imperia. I also bring them to see the show flat for EL melody as well as Ledang heights....
Cannot blame those that do not believe. Cos When things are too good, it is difficult to believe unless you see it for yourself...

Earlier this year when I told my friend I bought a place in JB, she said "Are you crazy?!"...Recently she suddenly told me she has heard about Iskandar and very keen to visit me next year when my place is ready....I have not done any marketing to her...btw she is a successful property investor in Spore, so slowly and surely more and more people are aware and not as negative in JB as before....

Status
Not open for further replies.