• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apart from quality the other reason for the difference in price could be how much each of the contractors could think they could skim you?

Also high price is no guarantee of hi quality.

Honestly there is no easy way out.

never trust anyone. Do painstaking research.

You cant go wrong with this method. Parcel out your contracts in small bits at a time. This way its easier to budget and you should be able to have a better grip over the contractors.

if money is not an issue to you then high price or whatever should not matter either.

Hi

I just done my house reno in KL and it seems a bit on the high side to me. however i m not too sure what kinda design ,tiles etc that you are using....Anyway, what i did was to get 3 contractor to quote my place and for the same spec, the variance in price is pretty huge!!! as much as 30-100% among the contractors!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you try Tong Carriage? I got a decent price from them. Do a search on google to get their contacts.

They even handled the tax portion for me.

They will tax everything including used fans. So you gotta be prepared to pay for Tax too unless ur mover can do it for you like they did in my case.

Somehow i din find the electronic equipment in MY worth buying. Either the price was ridiculously high or the quality was poor. I guess the MY govt forces people to buy local products as these are far cheaper than the imported or foreign products. Some form of protectionism this..

We got a few quotes from local movers to shift most of our furniture to JB not cheap. At least 2k. Sigh...

Hopefully by this week I can get approval from bank to join you guys. Damn escape the taxman in SGP, suffer the bankman everywhere.

Dicktamby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this a reasonable price quotation ? Anyone done something similiar and at good price ? Am not familiair with renovation cost in Johor. :confused:

Hi

I just came back from a home deco exhibition at Persada Johor. Quite a few home reno contractors. You may want to get some quotations from them. Its on till 8Aug. www.homedec.com.my

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro its not offend hdb.

Its offend PAP or govt. What to do? Once we choose to live in spore we gotta follow laws of the land and the unwritten rule is you got to heed the govt or give constructive feedback. Anything else and your asking for trouble.

Just to share ...

http://yawningbread.wordpress.com/2010/08/02/housing-for-prs-nobody-in-charge/

i like this comment from one of the reader ...

"When you pay for the flat, the flat isn’t yours……its on a 99 year lease, and, if you do anything to upset HDB, they have the power to kick your ass out of the very flat you pay for. Is this ownership?"

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just when we thought the Causeway would be Jammed...

It was pretty empty... Why? Any guesses?

Was it the National Day preparations/celebrations or the YOG or any other?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure if anyone else or i have discussed MACS on this thread. Can any soul please point it out?

MACS = Malaysian Automated Clearance System

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I am not sure if anyone else or i have discussed MACS on this thread. Can any soul please point it out?

MACS = Malaysian Automated Clearance System

Hi Professor, already discussed this. Bro Toyohon was the first to point it out to us. We already have MACS covered in earlier posts.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It was very jammed up on Friday evening when my family came in to visit. It wasn't that bad today, guess everyone went in earlier.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi looks like i got to re read the thread from start to finish...to ensure that i dun post what has already been posted unless i want to add information to what has already been written. Poor me...:o

Hi Professor, already discussed this. Bro Toyohon was the first to point it out to us. We already have MACS covered in earlier posts.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
YEah possibly Friday evening was bad.

I checked the cameras for the greater part of Saturday and both the linkways were pretty empty. My wife drove in and she said it was a breeze.

And now for the jam on the return Malaysia Singapore... leg...guess on Tuesday morning or may even start from tomorrow afternoon.

It was very jammed up on Friday evening when my family came in to visit. It wasn't that bad today, guess everyone went in earlier.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK after waiting a few weeks for the banks to come back with offers, we settled on this pretty standard HL package:
Interest rate (BLR - 1.9)%. Loan duration 26yrs. Loan amount 80%.
Maybe if we waited and shopped around the other banks some more we could get a miracle and be offered a similar or slightly better deal (was hoping for 85% or 90% loan). However, we felt it's dragged on for long enough already, and to date this was the best deal. One of the banks was actually very prompt and helpful, but unfortunately their package was not as appealing. I have to admit my financial status is not as conventional as probably some other buyers (my friend buying the house opposite mine has a better financial situation and has gotten better offers but still maxed at 80%) so I'm pretty happy with this package.

All legal matters will be handled by the same law firm.

Also, we decided to take up the offered MLTA. It's going to add another RM6K+ to our expenses annually but we view it as some added financial security for the family. At the very least we can use the cashback to help settle the payment on the house after about 15yrs if we decide to terminate the MLTA.

We'll be signing the loan agreement and hopefully all the rest of the financial obligations this coming weekend.

Dicktamby

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK after waiting a few weeks for the banks to come back with offers, we settled on this pretty standard HL package:
Interest rate (BLR - 1.9)%. Loan duration 26yrs. Loan amount 80%.
Maybe if we waited and shopped around the other banks some more we could get a miracle and be offered a similar or slightly better deal (was hoping for 85% or 90% loan). However, we felt it's dragged on for long enough already, and to date this was the best deal. One of the banks was actually very prompt and helpful, but unfortunately their package was not as appealing. I have to admit my financial status is not as conventional as probably some other buyers (my friend buying the house opposite mine has a better financial situation and has gotten better offers but still maxed at 80%) so I'm pretty happy with this package.

All legal matters will be handled by the same law firm.

Also, we decided to take up the offered MLTA. It's going to add another RM6K+ to our expenses annually but we view it as some added financial security for the family. At the very least we can use the cashback to help settle the payment on the house after about 15yrs if we decide to terminate the MLTA.

We'll be signing the loan agreement and hopefully all the rest of the financial obligations this coming weekend.

Hi

I got offer at 85% for BLR -2.1. Another bank offered with 4.1% thru loan tenure. A foreign bank came back to me say will match the 2 local banks. Competition for your $$ really heating up. Have yet to decide which one to choose.

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

I got offer at 85% for BLR -2.1. Another bank offered with 4.1% thru loan tenure. A foreign bank came back to me say will match the 2 local banks. Competition for your $$ really heating up. Have yet to decide which one to choose.

Mind PMing me the names of those banks? I just want to see if we've approached them already and if not then what are the chances of jumping onto their packages if available.

thepill

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is a Malaysian and we are looking for a budget(if any) terrace in Bukit Indah.

Any advice on how should I begin?

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife is a Malaysian and we are looking for a budget(if any) terrace in Bukit Indah.

Any advice on how should I begin?

Since no one has replied I'll give you my 2 cents worth.
Are you looking for a new development or resale? Not sure what the pricing for other newer developments are but the prices of the ones we've visited are pretty steep compared to some other locations and definitely compared to a couple of years ago (we checked out Horizon Hills, Nusa Idaman and Bukit Indah). If your wife is a bumi you can get about 15% off the normal price I believe. Head down to any developer's sales office and have a chat with the salesperson there to find out what other perks a bumi can get.

If you're looking to buy from the resale market I'm sure there are lots of property sites you can visit to compare prices. Just do a Google search with the key words "Bukit Indah" and you're bound to get some links.

Good luck in your search!

Status
Not open for further replies.