• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello all, I am new here. Awesome forum! =)

Have toyed with the idea of living in JB for a while as I am tired of hetic working life in SG and hope to semi-retire asap. I plan to buy another property to collect rent for passive income. But SG private property price is crazy and I have no wish to pay mortgage for another 20 years. I plan to move to JB after 3 years when I would have finished paying mortagage for my 3-room HDB flat and rented it out. Hehe.

I am keen to buy one unit at HH, LE or leisure farm as I am attracted to their amenities and relaxing environment.
Just wonder about the possibility of renting it out after buying? And is it possible to collect SG$1K? Tks for any reply! =)

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
The New Straits Times reported today on Ron 95 & Ron 97.

Yesterday Ron 97 went up 20 sen to RM2.70 per litre. This followed an increase in the world crude oil price to US$114 per barrel this week from US$105 per barrel last week.

Anyone pump gasoline today?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Lemans thanks for your report on Straits View. I must say I dont dare to touch any properties near Causeway. I have been hanging around JB for 10 years and I dont like it because the old JB ( Permas, Holiday plaza area, Taman Sentosa ) or any where near Causeway are infested with criminals and are very choke with traffic.

Nusajaya is the reason why I decided to put my money into JB. Without Nusajaya, I wouldnt even think of staying in JB

Yes, the old JB is the very reason JB got such a notorious reputation. Hopefully they will continue to prosper in their turf and not infringe on the new areas :-p

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
For certain areas, its still walkable like if you live in Nusa Duta or even Bestari Heights where you can walk not only to provision shops and cafes, you can even walk to the Bukit Indah CW3 bus terminal or to Tesco, Jusco and Giant. There are actually bus services around, by Handal and other operators but they are not common. For people who cannot drive/cannot afford a RM 2500 car, a taxi or don't want to travel much, then places like condos in Perling etc or even the fairway suites (at HH) will be ideal as you can just walk to the basic shops. There are also places where you can rent instead of buy to stay long term in.

There are also ungated & unguarded terrace houses in Bukit Indah area where walking to the amenities is a breeze and where the coffee shop are just very nearby. They can even take the CW3 bus easily by crossing over to the Jusco side. I am starting to see more SG cars or people (caucasian) who definitely are not locals staying at these areas.

There are ways to cope/circumvent the lack of public infrastructure, otherwise how would the locals survive?
Get scared or give up upon reaching the first obstacle they see?

No, i believe proximity to amenities as well as how they can fit into the place (by car, by taxi, by walking, by public transport) would be one of their key considerations prior to coming out here. People can see for themselves whether they can do it or not. In fact, one of my relatives had this concern about transport recently as even though she has a driving license, she hadn't driven for over 10 years. The place at Nusa Duta that she will be staying at will take care of that nicely, she just has to walk or cycle to shops and Jusco.

For people who cannot walk much, cannot cycle, cannot find a bus, cannot take a taxi, cannot drive or cannot afford a $2500 RM car or cheap motorcycle/electric bicycle, then....... there is still a place for them!

Units at a newly completed condo near the Tebrau city area behind Jusco OR the new condo units being built at opposite Tesco in Bukit Indah will address these problems as they can just take a very short walk to amenities. In the case of the Bukit Indah one, they can take the CW3 into SG and yet access all the things they need with easy access.

Yes, Bro Wuqi is right.. The terrain is very harsh here.. There can be a traffic light and absolutely no way of crossing at the junction. Tesco Plentong is only 200m away from here and its so pedestrian unfriendly to walk there. Always have to be on the lookout for branches, trees, pipes, lamp posts, potholes etc. Sometimes, the vehicles do slow for you, other times they drive straight at you. Can be a bit disconcerting. All brothers/sisters who think of moving to JB need to consider whether they will be able to get around if they dont drive/cant take the taxi haggling etc.. A building could be opposite the road and you can wonder to yourself how to get there.. Just the other day, I was at Jusco Tebrau and approached one of the taxi drivers at the taxi stand, I was quoted 12RM for the trip back to the apartment. I refused and proceeded to cross the road to the other side, the area under the highway, where there can be noone else except you. I flagged down a cab, asked politely if he is willing to on the metre. When I reached the apartment, the fare was only $7.40RM.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have my unit at East Ledang for RENT.
- 26X70, terrace house, 2600 sft built-up,
- designer interior and fully furnished
(as existing tenancy is expiring end April 2011)

For my details and viewing, pls feel free to call me at 96955866 or email me: [email protected]
Cheers and have a great evening.

http://www.myadpost.com/marylim/my/homes_offices/53856/?session_key=

Hey wiseguy,

please leave your advertisement in property advertisement site . I don't think the rest like to see the forum flooded with advertisement . Many of the forumers have unit , some multiple units for rent. You don't see them posting here. Kindly keep it as a discussion on the subject 'Living in JB'.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
That now would be a huge task for the police. Its hard to prevent crime spreading unless police maintain strict vigilance.

Even the best cities in the world have loads of crime. So that is gonna be a huge challenge.

Hopefully they will continue to prosper in their turf and not infringe on the new areas :-p

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Possibly Ron 97 and above are non subsidized and hence subject to market vagaries.

BTW 2000 at Esso was $2.04 yday when i pumped.

Yes. Ron 95 is still RM1.90.
Ron 97 is RM 2.70 while V-power racing is RM 2.90. Gota hit RM 3 anytime. However I am not worried about petrol prices in JB as this is definitely NOT the factor why I move to JB :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think HH would be absolutely the best to suit your requirements.

Hello all, I am new here. Awesome forum! =)

I am keen to buy one unit at HH, LE or leisure farm as I am attracted to their amenities and relaxing environment.
Just wonder about the possibility of renting it out after buying? And is it possible to collect SG$1K? Tks for any reply! =)

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
That now would be a huge task for the police. Its hard to prevent crime spreading unless police maintain strict vigilance.

Even the best cities in the world have loads of crime. So that is gonna be a huge challenge.

Criminals are just like bees. They will be attracted to where the honey is. The old JB town was a bustling area previously where all, Singaporeans and other foreigners alike flock to. Now that the old JB is "dead", criminals will look for new targets. The local Police are definitely trying to stem this but like what you said, it is going to be one hell of a huge task since the Iskandar area is equally so (big).

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its still the same rule that you have to be away from Singapore for atleast 6 months. Only then you can apply for conversion in Spore.

However they plan to modify this rule for FTs/ PRS

From my understanding many years back,

If u get a Malaysian Driving License, u can use it only in Malaysia. BUT if u want to convert it to SG Driving license, the rules states that from the time u obtain your MY driving license u cannot enter SG for 6 months, after 6 months u can go apply to take the basic theory test, upon passing the TEST u can then bring the result slip to TP to get it converted.

This was done by my some 10 years back.

Cheers

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Criminals are just like bees. They will be attracted to where the honey is. The old JB town was a bustling area previously where all, Singaporeans and other foreigners alike flock to. Now that the old JB is "dead", criminals will look for new targets. The local Police are definitely trying to stem this but like what you said, it is going to be one hell of a huge task since the Iskandar area is equally so (big).

They are in the right direction adding more road block and check. Should also complement with policemen patrolling crowded street. We can see many development coming up along Bukit Indah Jusco and soon to be complete Bukit Indah Mall, I am sure it will attract the crime if not handle properly. Say goes to Ledang side which still look rather quiet at night.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun see the point in criminals staying in old JB when the honey has shifted elsewhere. Obviously they will follow the honey and hence it will be one helluva huge task.

Even if your precint is G&G you can be mugged just outside of your precint.

Ofcourse all of us want the crime rate down so that it can be safer for everyone.

Upto the JB police now.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, my friend who has just purchased a unit at East Ledang found out that foreigner cannot deposit more than RM 10K in a single day into their bank account in Mudland. Therefore if u have purchased a bungalow and deposit needed is RM 230,000, you would have to visit your bank cash deposit machine over a period of 23 days just for your cheque to be cleared. Please be aware of this very "special" rule.

Limitation apply to deposit into your own account, there is no limit deposit into developer a/c . Likewise for sinagporean. I was also told by bank manager, the teller can stop you but the ATM deposit won't (this one I did not verify, don't think you want o carry stack and do atm deposit)

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, my friend who has just purchased a unit at East Ledang found out that foreigner cannot deposit more than RM 10K in a single day into their bank account in Mudland. Therefore if u have purchased a bungalow and deposit needed is RM 230,000, you would have to visit your bank cash deposit machine over a period of 23 days just for your cheque to be cleared. Please be aware of this very "special" rule.

I had just deposited More then RM$100K via cash deposits machines on Feb. Very tedious, machines took 99 pieces of note at a go. All RM$50 notes. We manage to deposit all on the same trip.

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had just deposited More then RM$100K via cash deposits machines on Feb. Very tedious, machines took 99 pieces of note at a go. All RM$50 notes. We manage to deposit all on the same trip.

Admire your gut ! Alone or with some bodyguards ?

whiteoak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Bros,

Thank you for the wonderful information shared over here. Just wondering, how did you guys pay the RM10,000 booking fee? I don't have a bank account in MY as yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.