• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Aangsc, i used to dabbled in stocks, antiques as well as gold coins.

Now mainly into property but mainly to keep as i intend to leave
one for each of my kids and likely the first grandchild will get one as
well. :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing Narmi.

For our unfortunate friend (my sympathies) who got the window smashed, quite curious, if you parked nearby and the windows get smashed, wouldn't you hear the alarm (assuming there is alarm installed in your car)

Alarm systems can be installed for as cheap as 180 RM and solar film as cheaply as 350 RM (depending on the car). Don't let one incident affect you. I normally pump petrol in my own taman and yes i will not hesitate to douse both the attacker and light it. Even if he really is dying of aids, most will still baulk at being burnt alive. I also always keep a 60 RM baseball bat kind of steering lock in my car.

Last edited:

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good for you Avalon, not many people would even bother to think of their kids. Kudos.

Guess we being asians tend to think more for our children than the ang mohs..
Since HDB is "leased" for 99 yrs, wanted to buy something so that my son can remember his childhood in future...

Mine was erased with the "renewal" of the estate, only thing that remains was the roads & traffic lights in the area where I grew up..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think there was a Nusajaya in 2002, so I feel your wife is right to delay, it is like buying share not knowing whether it is going up or down as compare to buying knowing it is in the upswing.

Yeah aangsc, Definitely no nusajaya. I was 'hooked' way back in 1998 when during my uni days (those were indeed great n carefree time hehe) we stayed overnight for a bbq at my fren's dad huge bungalow at Rinting Heights. Got huge lawn n even swimmg pool and look like the White Hse from the front. Very grand as you enter the driveway into the garage. The master bed room can fit at least 3 king size beds with running space to spare! Cost at that time? Rm 1.5 mil.

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think there was a Nusajaya in 2002, so I feel your wife is right to delay, it is like buying share not knowing whether it is going up or down as compare to buying knowing it is in the upswing.

Yeah aangsc, Definitely no nusajaya. I was 'hooked' way back in 1998 when during my uni days (those were indeed great n carefree time hehe) we stayed overnight for a bbq at my fren's dad huge bungalow at Rinting Heights. Got huge lawn n even swimmg pool and look like the White Hse from the front. Very grand as you enter the driveway into the garage. The master bed room can fit at least 3 king size beds with running space to spare! Cost at that time? Rm 1.5 mil.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! Got hitched in 2002 and now 5room flat finished paying already? You guys must have been really frugal. Yep, try to pay up as soon as possible although there is 30yr allowed to fully pay up. Wise move.

Welcome to the club bro. We wish to hear of your life in JB. Your highs, your lows, your experiences, be it positive
or negative....we wanna hear it all! Three cheers to you!

Haha thanks cathy.. And hanyong, HH and AP for answerg my pm queries. I sure will try to contribute my 2c and salutes master wuqi. :smile:

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually i wasn't as well but saw that even Perling houses were going up as well as some of the older estates. New one pricing there like Casa Almyra was an eye opener. I still maintain its a good place to buy, investment wise, lets wait for the announcements soon. :smile:

am dying to hear but what nature is the noose? everyone i met/read is saying the same thing. from sales rep to other forum boards to iskandar articles etc. all i know is its something big and people are confident of possibly much higher land appreciation from the news release. hmmm. MRT? retirement village for singaporeans? water taxis? wat wat wat? very excited but dunno what that is. :eek:

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
For our unfortunate friend (my sympathies) who got the window smashed, quite curious, if you parked nearby and the windows get smashed, wouldn't you hear the alarm (assuming there is alarm installed in your car)

Alarm systems can be installed for as cheap as 180 RM and solar film as cheaply as 350 RM (depending on the car). Don't let one incident affect you. I normally pump petrol in my own taman and yes i will not hesitate to douse both the attacker and light it. Even if he really is dying of aids, most will still baulk at being burnt alive. I also always keep a 60 RM baseball bat kind of steering lock in my car.

I was curious myself why the alarm didn't go off. Was told that alarm works only on force entry of the doors n not the glass. Anyhow, has got the car rental company to check out the alarm and I don't think we are allowed to add any accessories since it is not our car but alarm/solar film already installed.

Regarding excess mentioned by another forumer for window shield, it is not limited to $100 but $800 coz it is not privately owned.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was curious myself why the alarm didn't go off. Was told that alarm works only on force entry of the doors n not the glass. Anyhow, has got the car rental company to check out the alarm and I don't think we are allowed to add any accessories since it is not our car but alarm/solar film already installed.

Regarding excess mentioned by another forumer for window shield, it is not limited to $100 but $800 coz it is not privately owned.

Rented vehicle.. i see.. btw if it is a conti car mostly it comes without alarm

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rented vehicle.. i see.. btw if it is a conti car mostly it comes without alarm

Not a conti car, japanese. Still waiting patiently for the car to be returned, then I will know the damage.

Anyway, we are undecided on which property to buy: another LF property or HH for investment. What would be your choice? Which is easier to rent out?

Also, recently received a letter from LF of impending increase of maintenace fee by 10-20%.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellows Singaporeans living in HH, gateway or Golf. I have 5 kittens to give away. I'm trying to update their photos however if interested pls send me a message and I'll contact u with a malaysia no. They are about 3 months old. Parents are Ragdoll (father) and a Domestic (mother). Else they have to be send to a Sanctuary in Malaysia.
Reason, the mother is pregnant again we are too busy with housing renovation that we forgot to stop the leak on the father as well so got to handle the new borns. I have 5 they are currently 3 months old.

familykittens1monthold.jpg

And....One month old
charmcharmfatherson.jpg

And...Three Month Old
cutecute.jpg

and cute video...
[video=youtube;aZ0mIxVBWVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZ0mIxVBWVE[/video]

Make it fast they are running out...

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal

bro.... you have so many kids???

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Look like you have that midas touch, not everyone make from stock and gold. What are your view of viable business in Johor ?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear fellows Singaporeans living in HH, gateway or Golf. I have 5 kittens to give away. I'm trying to update their photos however if interested pls send me a message and I'll contact u with a malaysia no. They are about 3 months old. Parents are Ragdoll (father) and a Domestic (mother). Else they have to be send to a Sanctuary in Malaysia.
Reason, the mother is pregnant again we are too busy with housing renovation that we forgot to stop the leak on the father as well so got to handle the new borns. I have 5 they are currently 3 months old.
Make it fast they are running out...

Never STOP@2 ? You should try breeding dog, there is higher demand for puppy.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, recently received a letter from LF of impending increase of maintenace fee by 10-20%.

Wow ! That is quite a lot , they probably know most resident can afford if compare to those in Singapore. What is the amount like ? I check HH monthly maintenance for terrace start at RM90

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, that first impression must have left a deep mark. I was also tempted after seeing a ex-colleague bungalow at Pulai Spring in the year 200X, after that the urge to get one myself just linger in the mind.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Someone said this to me the other day:
The 60.1% who have been dissing JB are only now starting to realise their masters true plans. They have actually been barking up the wrong tree..

Don't get you . Care to elaborate on that statement ? What true plan are we talking about here ?

For me if SG govt can work out some partnership with Johor to lease land for long term use , that would be great . It is a win-win partnership. Some will complain but seriously it provide an alternative living space, so why not ? If I have the resources I would get a big piece of land not too far from SG and setup a retirement village, throw in with some elderly care service and stay fit program. Not a old folk home but old folk can rent the place like normal tenancy for a year or two.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually i wasn't as well but saw that even Perling houses were going up as well as some of the older estates. New one pricing there like Casa Almyra was an eye opener. I still maintain its a good place to buy, investment wise, lets wait for the announcements soon. :smile:

Someone said this to me the other day:
The 60.1% who have been dissing JB are only now starting to realise their masters true plans. They have actually been barking up the wrong tree..

Wuqi, for JB, I think to go route of capital appreciation is dangerous at the moment. The future is still too unpredictable. Rental is still the way to go. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.