• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Has The Best Transport System In Asia

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Great Britain is copying our world class transport system. It is simple the best in Asia.

LTA's Trip to find faster, cheaper routesBy TODAY | Posted: 06 September 2008 0645 hrs

SINGAPORE: Motorists will soon be able to plan their routes better, thanks to more reliable traffic advisory information derived from the Land Transport Authority’s (LTA) traffic prediction tool (TPT).

Jointly developed by the LTA and IBM, the patent-pending technology can achieve up to 85 per cent accuracy in predicting traffic volumes and speeds 10 minutes ahead using advanced statistical techniques.

Phase One of the TPT has been completed. More research and development will be conducted in subsequent phases to improve the TPT’s predictive capabilities.

Besides the TPT, the LTA has also developed — with Quantum Inventions — a Traffic Information Platform (Trip) that lets motorists receive real-time traffic information through in-vehicle devices, mobile phones and the Internet. With TPT and Trip, motorists will be able to choose faster or cheaper routes to their destinations.

- TODAY/so

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bus driver stops on road shoulder and hurls vulgarities at passengers

STOMPer Jen says a bus driver stopped on the road shoulder twice to scold his passengers as the 'Bus Stopping' sign kept on flashing.

She says:

"I boarded this supercrowded bus 27 on 31/08/08 at about 11.40am from the bus stop at Punggol Road.

"It turned into the TPE to go to IKEA Tampines.

"Along the way this bus driver stopped his bus at the road shoulder twice and stood up to scold the passengers loudly as the BUS STOPPING sign kept on flashing.

"He was shouting loudly to the passengers to stop pressing the handicap bell.

"He even called his company through the speaker phone and switched it on loudly so that everybody in the bus could hear.

"The lady on the other line told him to just continue driving to the next bus stop and the bus inspector would board the bus to resolve the matter for him.

"But he stood up again and shouted at the passengers and threatened them that the bus inspector would come up and catch them, and even hurled vulgarities at the passengers.

"He finally moved off some time later after he finished his scolding."

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 04 Sep, 2008 14:21
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>It's even faster to walk

STOMPer Jan was amused by the 58mins waiting time for bus no. 175.

STOMPer says:

“This was taken at the bus stop behind Orchard MRT station at 7.04pm.

“It’s even faster to walk!”

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 03 Sep, 2008 17:43
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>It takes 91 min to catch bus no. 61

A STOMPer was relieved he was not taking bus no. 61 when he saw that it would take 91 min to arrive.

“The bus notification board stated that it would be 91 min for bus no. 61 to arrive.

“It went from 95 min, to 93 min and then to 91 min when I snapped this picture.

“Luckily I was not waiting for this bus, if not I would have waited for so long.”

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1603548-lg.jpg

clintonxxx, cassyyy, etc.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Posted on 04 Sep, 2008 14:21
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>It's even faster to walk

STOMPer Jan was amused by the 58mins waiting time for bus no. 175.

STOMPer says:

“This was taken at the bus stop behind Orchard MRT station at 7.04pm.

“It’s even faster to walk!”

YOU RETARDED SPASTIC MAGGOT, I DO NOT TAKE THE BUS...SO WHY THE HELL I CARE..NOW SHOOOOOOOO!!!:mad:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Clinton may want to boast the Spore public transport system but have failed terribly when shown these glitches.

But not on his behalf, i would say that the public transport system compared to the rest of Asia does command a superior standing. If not the best, probably one of the best.

Of coz there would be glitches and those who have posted on Stomp does not have much common sense in their comments.

I guess it is true common sense is not common after all.

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Clinton may want to boast the Spore public transport system but have failed terribly when shown these glitches.

But not on his behalf, i would say that the public transport system compared to the rest of Asia does command a superior standing. If not the best, probably one of the best.

Of coz there would be glitches and those who have posted on Stomp does not have much common sense in their comments.

I guess it is true common sense is not common after all.

The furthest poor retards like Makapaa has travelled is to Sentosa. The concept of 'rest of asia' is too alien to him.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
being among the best in Asia simply is not good enough..
u must remember that commuters here are paying a lot more
than our neighboring countries.

bottom line is
SBS services sucks...
SMRT services sucks..

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well Sg BETTER have the best transport system in the world considering that they pay themselves millions, dominate parliament and able to change law at will, the small land size of Sg, the hefty transport fare and the docile population.

Last edited: