• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING!! Two Republic Poly students run over by train .. railway train not MRT

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Aug 8, 2009
Couple killed on rail track
By Irene Tham

TWO bodies were found near the KTM railway track in Upper Bukit Timah Road on Saturday morning.

The police received a call at 5.24am that a train had knocked down a couple at the track near Railway Mall.

The couple, believed to be a 19-year-old Chinese boy and a 20-year-old Chinese girl, were pronounced dead at 6.08am.

A Singapore Civil Defence Force spokesman said that the Chinese boy's left leg was amputated and he suffered an open head wound and multiple body fractures.

The girl, also Chinese, had multiple body fractures, and her right leg was nearly severed at the knee.

Ms Shahriza Embi, a Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad (KTMB) spokesman, said that an empty KTM train heading to Johor Bahru knocked down the couple. 'We had no idea how they got there.'

The morning shuttle between Johor Bahru and Singapore was cancelled. Four other train services were delayed for between one and two hours.

The couple, believed to be students from Republic Polytechnic, were apparently sitting on the track when the train came.

Police investigation into the unnatural death is ongoing. Witnesses can call 1800-255 0000.

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sitting on a railway track is an invitation to death! No remorse for stupid teenagers waiting for trouble to happen!

They are teenagers so they can be quite blur

But your remark is insensitive. They are somebody's children and it is is tragic

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak they thought they would do an MRT jumper - that is - jump onto an MRT track like those who did before them. Or they thought it would be a good place to hang out in the middle of the night - dark and quiet!

Dogtracker

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right that i am insensitive and the chao bapok pondan pig i have to roast is leetahbar. :biggrin:

2913659855_cc722244d4.jpg

Any of the three. leetahbar, Lee Kuan Yew, or Edmond Ng Fuckjerk the short fat conman being run over by a train is a cause for celebration!

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the old days ppl tied enemies to railway track and wait for train to come 'toot toot' to squash them to pulp ... i enjoyed those loonytoon cartoons where they tied bugs bunny to railway track (yep train not mrt) but bugs always managed to escape ...

when i read the news this morning and realised it was train track not mrt track, the 1st thought that crossed my mind was 'how refreshing !' 2nd thought - 'eek now rail mall haunted leow, when before, it was already very creepy feeling as it was near jungle & quite deserted ...

i think the couple was sitting on the stretch of the track that was above the roads; the metal barriers was a prominent feature along upper bt timah road in the old days and even now ...