• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is results like this that count the most at the end of the season...see what happened to Loserpool last season
when they drew loads of games against weak opposition at home
and it cost them any chance of winning the title.
Bet my last dollar you went to bed grinning like a cheshire cat over spurs win last night. :p:wink:

Previous night's chelski do, I was premature with mine..woke up with dissapointing news that drogba was gifted with lucky goal in injury time:o

jw5

Loyal
Good news: Valencia, Evra and Fletcher played well, Scholes and Giggs still looked fit, Rooney looks as if he is going to have a good season.

Bad news: Vidic, Ferdinand and Evans all injured, Foster looked shaky in goal (although he is a great shot stopper), Berbatov looked off his game, Nani injured again.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Notice Micheal Owen played the last 15mins only. However, 2 shots on target - 1 in the net but ruled offside and 1 forced a save. Not bad for a start. Keeps on shooting like that, at least worth 20 goals this season, whether starter or sub.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Defence woes

Burnley thurs morning anyone?:p

I am expecting a 3 points from this encounter
but I also hope for a better performance then last Sat by Man Utd.
Man Utd have to put away the chances that they create.
Burnley should not pose a threat
Man Utd should take this game.

Prediction: Burnley vs United 0-3.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am expecting a 3 points from this encounter
but I also hope for a better performance then last Sat by Man Utd.
Man Utd have to put away the chances that they create.
Burnley should not pose a threat
Man Utd should take this game.

Prediction: Burnley vs United 0-3.

I think 4-2 becos backline got injuries.:smile:

jw5

Loyal
Notice Micheal Owen played the last 15mins only. However, 2 shots on target - 1 in the net but ruled offside and 1 forced a save. Not bad for a start. Keeps on shooting like that, at least worth 20 goals this season, whether starter or sub.
Owen is good at running on to through balls and putting the ball pass the keeper, something which Berbatov, Rooney or Macheda rarely do. Her brings something different to the team. If people like Carrick, Scholes or Giggs can thread through balls to him, he will score a few, although he will also miss a few.

jw5

Loyal

Ferdinand's out for 2 weeks, thigh injury picked up from dutch friendly. So's also Vidic (groin injury). Neville, in my books is no real loss... So utility man O' Shea had the captain arm band. Hope we get both Ferd and Vidic back for the gooners game end aug

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8204143.stm

Burnley thurs morning anyone?:p
I thought either Fletcher or Rooney should have been made captain.
They are more vocal or are more established first team players.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Burnley deserved to win early this morning, with their spirited display. Red devils looked as if they were the promoted team instead. Poor defending, with silly clearances within blxxdy box (the goal that was).

And that softie Carrick's penalty blunder..

30 odd years after reverse victory, from Lou Macari's goal at that.

Last edited:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Burnley deserved to win early this morning, with their spirited display. Red devils looked as if they were the promoted team instead. Poor defending, with silly clearances within blxxdy box (the goal that was).

I can't believe we lost to Burnley.
I know its only two games in
and we always start slow off the blocks,
but I'm getting a little worried now.
Credit to Burnley they were well organized and fought hard.
WTF is Carrick taking penalties?:mad:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
OMG, that Carrick penalty
even my old granmama can saved that shot from DIPSTICK Carrick.:mad:
Why in the red hell Rooney or Owen never take that penalty.:(

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
take two top players and replace with one who can break his foot by himself.

yeah. i am so sure it was for good of the team.

jw5

Loyal

Tepid performance from Man Utd, but have to say that the winning goal was a great shot from Blake.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wigan 0 Man Utd 5

Brilliant second half performance,
all three strikers on the score sheet. (Owen, my main man, off the mark)
Now time to bring ArseWipe down to reality this Sat,
at the Theatre of Dreams!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd 2 ArseWipe 1

What a Beauty of a header from Diaby,
without any pressure from Man U's strikers,
Almunia was rooted at the middle of his goal.

United rode their luck a little today,
a draw would've been a fairer result,
but ArseWipe scored more so what can you do.:biggrin:
Thank you ArseWipe for the 3 points.
Bwahaha!!

Bo_ChaP

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously man utd has yet to get over the loss of ronaldo... only 4 games have past and the only certain thing that should be concluded is ex wigan player valencia is not capable of replacing ronaldo.. i wonder why soccer experts claim he is fast and full of trickery when what i see is another pauper version of beckham who runs in long strides, whipping in crosses without the capabilities of that killer free kicks... the only consolation that we can take is it appears that Owen could be a steal.. so long if he remains healthy, he is going to be a great asset off the bench...