• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2009-10

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manchester United Vs Hull City
Saturday, 23 January 2009
11:00pm

Lucky we have a EPL game worth watching this weekend,
instead of the Meaningless FA cup games.
I expect Hull to come to the Theatre of Dreams
and park their team bus.
This will be a stroll in the park for Man Utd
and a chance for them to go top of the table,
while Chelski and ArseWipe are too preoccupied
with the pointless FA Cup games.

Prediction:
Man Utd 4 Hull 1

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gary_Neville_1563162c.jpg

No case for Gary Neville to answer for
as the English FA knows Neville was just pointing to the sky.
:p

Gary Neville is set to escape punishment by the Football Association following the alleged obscene gesture directed at Manchester City forward Carlos Tévez during Manchester United's 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final first-leg defeat at Eastlands.

The FA's disciplinary unit are continuing to study the incident, but the absence of conclusive photographic or televisual evidence has rendered it unlikely that the Manchester United captain will be subject to a charge of misconduct. Neville had been warned as to his future conduct by the FA following an incendiary goal celebration in front of the Manchester City supporters during United's 4-3 Premier League victory at Old Trafford in September.

Both clubs will be contacted by the FA ahead of next Wednesday's second-leg, however, in order to be reminded of their responsibilities in what is expected to be a tinderbox atmosphere at Old Trafford.

Greater Manchester Police made 18 arrests during the Carling Cup semi-final game and confiscated objects such as darts and golf balls during searches outside the stadium.

With a cigarette lighter appearing to hit United defender Patrice Evra during the game:mad:, the FA have contacted City to seek their observations of that incident, plus the disturbances in the visiting enclosure that led to two plastic seats being thrown into the pitch.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Respect yr confidence in ManU, but wish I share it. So I wont bet more than 1.5 balls.

Also likley Hull will score first putting ManU under pressure. If they find their feet, they may well equalise. After that, can go either way, but I'll still predict Man U 2-Hull 1.

ManU tends to play badly or mediocrely against weak rivals from past matches.

Manchester United Vs Hull City
Saturday, 23 January 2009
11:00pm

Lucky we have a EPL game worth watching this weekend,
instead of the Meaningless FA cup games.
I expect Hull to come to the Theatre of Dreams
and park their team bus.
This will be a stroll in the park for Man Utd
and a chance for them to go top of the table,
while Chelski and ArseWipe are too preoccupied
with the pointless FA Cup games.

Prediction:
Man Utd 4 Hull 1

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
congratulation to all Devils here.
Man Utd got into another cup's final by beating City 3-1 in the 2nd leg.

jw5

Loyal
What do the Man Utd fans think about the purchase of Chris Smalling from Fulham?
According to Score Tonight, the fee could have been as much as US$20 Million, about 10Million pounds.
Do you think he is a good buy?
Does this mean either Vidic or Ferdinand or both are on their way out? I suspect Vidic may be.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Takeover lobby for MU?:wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8488910.stm

Wealthy Man Utd fans approach broker about takeover

Keith Harris reveals interest in Man Utd takeover

Football financier Keith Harris has been approached by wealthy investors to broker a takeover of Manchester United.

Manchester United's Supporters' Trust has held meetings with influential club supporters interested in exploring the options for a change of ownership.

And Harris says that the time has come for supporters to buy the club back from the Glazer family.

"You sense that the momentum is gathering and this time these fans truly mean it," Harris told BBC Sport.

"I think they are saying that enough is enough, there is too much gearing on this football club and it is unhealthy."

Harris, the head of merchant bank Seymour Pierce, has been involved in four Premier League club takeovers and has long been critical of United's debt that earlier in January was recorded at £716m.

United's recent bond issue raised £500m to ease their debts, but also provoked a furious backlash from many fans, some demanding an immediate change of ownership.

Despite the move by the Manchester United's Supporters' Trust, the Glazer family have told BBC Sport that they are here for the long-term and insisted that their interests are aligned with those of the fans.

On Friday members of Manchester United's Supporters' Trust met with "super-rich" and "influential" investors, with lifelong United fan Harris at the centre of the discussions.

Harris declined to name any of the people who have approached him, identifying them only as 'The Red Knights'.

"We have been approached and if we can lend our weight for doing something for the good of Manchester United and football we will," Harris told BBC Sport's Football Focus show.

"In this case of Manchester United, of whom I am a huge fan and have been for 50 years, they are playing with an icon of football, one of the most respected football brands in the world and it is in danger.

"Seventy-five pence of every pound that [Manchester United] fans are spending is now going to the Glazers either for themselves or to pay debts."

Senior members of the Manchester United Supporters' Trust met with the 'Red Knights' on Friday in London

BBC Sport's Dan Roan
"If these rumblings become a revolution and fans stop going - as difficult as it is for them not to go - and the pounds stop coming in, there is real peril."

Malcolm Glazer and other members of his family took control of Manchester United in 2005 but their purchase of the club was largely funded with borrowed money.

Interest payments on that money have since plunged United into deeper debt and despite winning the Premier League for the third year in a row, the Carling Cup and the Club World Cup last season only the £80m sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid helped the club record pre-tax profits of £48.2m for the year to 30 June 2009.

The team also finished runners-up in the Uefa Champions League.

Harris is unsure how the offer will be received by the Glazers but believes the family should in effect take the money and hand over the keys to Manchester United.

"It depends on the Glazers' attitude," added Harris.

"Clearly they appeared impervious to the protests when they took the club over and that was fine.

"They don't go [to watch United] very often, they stay in America but you've got to think their businesses in America haven't done well, they can't have done, because the world in general has not done well in business.

"They are probably highly geared in their business activities in America so, if this is an opportunity for them to take the money and go, I would hope they would listen carefully to that offer, providing the money can be raised and I am confident it can be."

But Manchester United themselves have told BBC Sport that they are comfortable with the financial situation at the club, and that manager Sir Alex Ferguson has the £80m the club received from Real Madrid for Ronaldo to spend on new players.

"Manchester United is the most profitable football club in the world," read a club statement.

"Last year, on a record turnover of £278m, the club made a record cash profit of £91m. Interest payments were £41m and wages accounted for less than half of the turnover.

The Glazer family, led by Malcolm Glazer, bought United in 2005
"The recent bond issue has been very successful and provides the club with certainty in its interest payments, as well as great flexibility with the removal of bank covenants.

"The cash from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo is available for Sir Alex to spend and it will be spent on players who are available for purchase and who the manager thinks can improve the squad, not to prove to pundits that it exists."

Harris is unsure how much a takeover will cost, but is certain that the time has come for change at Old Trafford.

"It's too early to say how much would have to be raised," said Harris.

"These debts have run on for a long while and I think they need to be cleared.

"I would hope that there would be sufficient money in addition to that to show the Glazers they could take a profit for owning the business for five years and go and put the ownership into more caring hands.

"This is now serious, what you don't know is if the Glazers can be made to listen, but what you do know is that there is a serious intent on the part of those people, who have not just support in their hearts, but the ability to muster support from their pockets to get after this, and the time feels right."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do the Man Utd fans think about the purchase of Chris Smalling from Fulham?
According to Score Tonight, the fee could have been as much as US$20 Million, about 10Million pounds.
Do you think he is a good buy?
Does this mean either Vidic or Ferdinand or both are on their way out? I suspect Vidic may be.

Its hard to find a good central defender let alone a tall one. I thot they overpaid for the young defender but hell, look @wat we paid for some of the foreign players that turn out to be duds.

Change is ongoing at OT and players who are earmarked to be loan out are not likely to make it in the first team. One of them is Welbeck. Utd have assessed the keepers and some of the young players and they probably have a list of positions to be filled.

We do need a good keeper to replace VDS and I think you are right about Vidic leaving this summer. I guess they are just trying to cash in on Vidic while he's still playing at the top level. We may have already seen the best of Vidic the past couple of years.

BTW, wat happened to the much touted Angolan Manucho?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the good of all Mancurians, I hope some white knights with deep pockets buy out the Glazers. Those farking Jews are going to saddle the club with more debts. The signs are there!!! WTF is Gill doing?!!!:mad:

jw5

Loyal
Its hard to find a good central defender let alone a tall one. I thot they overpaid for the young defender but hell, look @wat we paid for some of the foreign players that turn out to be duds.

Change is ongoing at OT and players who are earmarked to be loan out are not likely to make it in the first team. One of them is Welbeck. Utd have assessed the keepers and some of the young players and they probably have a list of positions to be filled.

We do need a good keeper to replace VDS and I think you are right about Vidic leaving this summer. I guess they are just trying to cash in on Vidic while he's still playing at the top level. We may have already seen the best of Vidic the past couple of years.

BTW, wat happened to the much touted Angolan Manucho?
I think Vidic will leave this summer.
Before the game against Leeds, he was injured in the warm up. Out for several weeks. Against Man City in the carling cup second leg, he was on the bench and supposed to be fit for Arsenal. But again, he wasn't in the squad. When I look at Fergie's face whenever he talks about Vidic, and when I recall the past 20 years when he talked about certain players, I think he's going.
Smalling will be a top player.
Welbeck still has a future. He had a few poor games, but Fergie loaned him to Preston, which is now being managed by Fergie Junior. He's not needed this season, with Owen, Diouf, and Macheda all waiting for their chance.
Manucho is now playing in Spain, sold last summer.
VDS is still a top keeper, hope he stays one more season.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Vidic will leave this summer.
Before the game against Leeds, he was injured in the warm up. Out for several weeks. Against Man City in the carling cup second leg, he was on the bench and supposed to be fit for Arsenal. But again, he wasn't in the squad. When I look at Fergie's face whenever he talks about Vidic, and when I recall the past 20 years when he talked about certain players, I think he's going.
Smalling will be a top player.
Welbeck still has a future. He had a few poor games, but Fergie loaned him to Preston, which is now being managed by Fergie Junior. He's not needed this season, with Owen, Diouf, and Macheda all waiting for their chance.
Manucho is now playing in Spain, sold last summer.
VDS is still a top keeper, hope he stays one more season.

I caught Manucho only once when he came on as a sub for Hull City. He looked ordinary. As far as Welbeck is concerned, he may have played his last game for United. Fergie gave him a lot of opportunities in cup and league games, far more than any of the juniors.

Just hope he makes a big effort and make his way back to the OT fold.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United 5 Portsmouth 0 with 3 own-goals from Portsmouth. Is this a Guinness Book Of Records qualifier?

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This morning game Man U 5 Wigan 0
4ig94o.jpg

5-0 odd getting lesser and lesser, but some luck with
3 own goals. I always go for 5-0 because for 6 goals and
above it is AOS(any other score) the odd is far lesser.
In this case better go for total goals 6 goals or 7 goals.
But SG pools so kiasu, if 5 goals and above the odds are less,
then zero goal,1 or 2 goals should increase the odds, it's not
the case.

fuoqhh.jpg

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well done!!! Imagine if you had plump your entire CPF dollars on it. Wow!
Dun do it. It's just a teaser.:smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If all season long, you bet on 5:0 wins on all Man U's games versus bottom 10 teams, one hit and you're a head, two hits or more you win big.

steadyman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far there are 3 times Man U score 5-0 this season but the odds might not be high from now on.

Let's analyst the balance match for those rank 11 onwards.

Date / Match / Previous meeting
20 Feb Everton v Manchester United 0-3 (H)
23 Feb Manchester United v West Ham United 4-0 (A)
6 Mar Wolverhampton Wanderers v Manchester United 0-1 (H)
14 Mar Manchester United v Fulham 0-3 (A)
27 Mar Bolton Wanderers v Manchester United 1-2 (H)
10 Apr Blackburn Rovers v Manchester United 0-2 (H)
1 May Sunderland v Manchester United 2-2 (H)
9 May Manchester United v Stoke City 2-0 (A)

The only potential of high scoring or 5-0 is on 23 Feb against West Ham when Man U playing at home.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
European Champions League 2nd Round 1st Leg

AC Milan 2 Manchester United 3

(Ronaldinho 3, Scholes 36, Rooney 66, 74, Seedorf 85)

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
European Champions League 2nd Round 1st Leg
AC Milan 2 Manchester United 3
(Ronaldinho 3, Scholes 36, Rooney 66, 74, Seedorf 85)
Truth be told, before Scholey equalised (fortuitous goal at that).. MU was in a shambles esp defence. Story of 2 halves?:p

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they better get Vidic in shape before the return leg. United is seriously in need of aerial power. We were damn lucky to win the first leg.