• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one is disputing that Singapore is becoming too overcrowded for many these days.

There are valid reasons to want to leave Singapore, such as over-crowdedness, lack of political freedom and individual liberties, lack of rural areas, high cost for COE, homes, one's dislike of the PAP govt etc.

But I don't think lack of economic opportunity in Singapore is one of them. Singapore's economy is vibrant and there are economic opportunities available.

If you think there are economic opportunities in Canada to the same level as in Singapore and the tiger economies in Asia, you are greatly mistaken.

In my personal opinion, Canadians are risk averse to a fault, and that has stifled economic growth. Another factor stifling growth and economic opportunity is that there is a high degree of regional non-cooperation among the provinces, where the provinces have continued to quarrel with one another over matters of national dimension. The federal govt in Canada does not have as much power in relation to the 10 provinces as compared to the US federal govt in relation to the 50 states. And that has meant that there are many missed opportunities to develop Canada on a national level, ie infrastructure, economy, etc.

If someone in Singapore wishes to migrate to Canada for the laid back lifestyle and for semi retirement or retirement or for the political freedom, I will be the first to come out and say it is a very, very good idea.

But if someone in a white collar job in Singapore thinks there is more economic opportunities in Canada and wishes to migrate based on that misconception, then I would urge that person to double and triple confirm his due diligence and research and also to consider other countries such as the US. This is not to dissuade people from migrating to Canada, this is only doing the person a favour so that he will avoid mistakes.

But whatever man, believe in what you want to believe, however delusional your belief is. It is your life.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Without making any calculations, the $600 million plus returns on investments should last 2 decades?

it would be better for the $600m to be invested in a global fund that's returning a steady 5% on investment than parking it in a bank in sg, which returns a paltry less than 2% on investment annually. moreover, for up to 20k beneficiaries drawing an average of $450 per month from the chest, the $600m will deplete to $511m on the 1st year. expenses are $109m every year. interest at 2% will earn $12m per year. at 2% annual rate of return, it will deplete to nothing in less than 7 years.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it would be better for the $600m to be invested in a global fund that's returning a steady 5% on investment than parking it in a bank in sg, which returns a paltry less than 2% on investment annually. moreover, for up to 20k beneficiaries drawing an average of $450 per month from the chest, the $600m will deplete to $511m on the 1st year. expenses are $109m every year. interest at 2% will earn $12m per year. at 2% annual rate of return, it will deplete to nothing in less than 7 years.

Thank you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No one is disputing that Singapore is becoming too overcrowded for many these days.

There are valid reasons to want to leave Singapore, such as over-crowdedness, lack of political freedom and individual liberties, lack of rural areas, high cost for COE, homes, one's dislike of the PAP govt etc.

But I don't think lack of economic opportunity in Singapore is one of them. Singapore's economy is vibrant and there are economic opportunities available.

If you think there are economic opportunities in Canada to the same level as in Singapore and the tiger economies in Asia, you are greatly mistaken.

In my personal opinion, Canadians are risk averse to a fault, and that has stifled economic growth. Another factor stifling growth and economic opportunity is that there is a high degree of regional non-cooperation among the provinces, where the provinces have continued to quarrel with one another over matters of national dimension. The federal govt in Canada does not have as much power in relation to the 10 provinces as compared to the US federal govt in relation to the 50 states. And that has meant that there are many missed opportunities to develop Canada on a national level, ie infrastructure, economy, etc.

If someone in Singapore wishes to migrate to Canada for the laid back lifestyle and for semi retirement or retirement or for the political freedom, I will be the first to come out and say it is a very, very good idea.

But if someone in a white collar job in Singapore thinks there is more economic opportunities in Canada and wishes to migrate based on that misconception, then I would urge that person to double and triple confirm his due diligence and research and also to consider other countries such as the US. This is not to dissuade people from migrating to Canada, this is only doing the person a favour so that he will avoid mistakes.

But whatever man, believe in what you want to believe, however delusional your belief is. It is your life.

You claim to have lived outside of Spore. Yet here you are are critising the very country that you chose to live in, i.e. Canada.

If the the economy in Spore is "vibrant and there are economic opportunities available " then why did you leave Spore:confused:

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
You claim to have lived outside of Spore. Yet here you are are critising the very country that you chose to live in, i.e. Canada.

If the the economy in Spore is "vibrant and there are economic opportunities available " then why did you leave Spore:confused:

Who says I am still in Canada?

I am currently in Bedok North.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously bro, if you cannot make it in Canada, you should hang yourself. It is not Cambodia. It requires a wide range of skill-sets and you cannot tell me that you don't have some qualification that can get you hitched. Sure it will take a while to put your foot thru the door and that applies to everyone. Nobody is going to hold you hands or carry you thru the threshold.

And this bullshit about lawsuit! Honestly we all know that nothing is going to happen in this space as you will come out with more excuses and bullshit. I can sit here holding my nuts for the next 10 years, and Charlie and I will still be shooting the breeze in this forum with no lawsuit in sight.

Grow some balls instead of throwing threats that you cannot deliver or harping about your personal challenges.

I heard of a wheelchair bound Korean gentleman and his family of 2 daughters. He tried OZ but could not stay after 2 years due to visa issues and then moved to Calgary. 3 years later, his 16 yr daughter flew by herself thousands of miles, connected thru airports in the US to visit her ex classmates in OZ. They made it and the daughter was that symbol of success and independence that can only come from living in a developed and civil society coupled with the DNA of her mum and dad. And I was told she did not know English when she first went to OZ.

I guess it is time to evacuate.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seriously bro, if you cannot make it in Canada, you should hang yourself. It is not Cambodia. It requires a wide range of skill-sets and you cannot tell me that you don't have some qualification that can get you hitched. Sure it will take a while to put your foot thru the door and that applies to everyone. Nobody is going to hold you hands or carry you thru the threshold.

And this bullshit about lawsuit! Honestly we all know that nothing is going to happen in this space as you will come out with more excuses and bullshit. I can sit here holding my nuts for the next 10 years, and Charlie and I will still be shooting the breeze in this forum with no lawsuit in sight.

Grow some balls instead of throwing threats that you cannot deliver or harping about your personal challenges.

I heard of a wheelchair bound Korean gentleman and his family of 2 daughters. He tried OZ but could not stay after 2 years due to visa issues and then moved to Calgary. 3 years later, his 16 yr daughter flew by herself thousands of miles, connected thru airports in the US to visit her ex classmates in OZ. They made it and the daughter was that symbol of success and independence that can only come from living in a developed and civil society coupled with the DNA of her mum and dad. And I was told she did not know English when she first went to OZ.

I guess it is time to evacuate.

So you have heard of a tragic Korean man on two wheels from the land of OZ who made it in Canada. And you also heard about his equally tragic daughter who spoke no English making it in Canada. Wow. That's earth-shattering news. I am so touched and impressed at the same time, so much so that while I am eating this plate of boneless chicken rice and hot soup, tears are welling up in my eyes.

If one can ascertain matters based on mere hearsay, then life would have been a lot easier.

Lots of hobos made it in Canada too, tons of meth and crackheads on wheelchairs in and around Toronto, and they all seem to be doing quite okay, zipping about town on their subsidized, motored two wheels chasing down dealers for their next fix.

But what does that really say about a place?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you going to sue or just table thumping and lots of hot air?

Ah, where did you come from? From under the rock you have been hiding? The infamous scroobal.

Have you been to Canada? Or are you just mouthing off based on mere hearsay -- as per your usual modus operandi -- again?

It is obvious from your post above that you have zero clue about what you attempt to pass off as being knowledgeable about, as usual. So you have heard of a tragic Korean man on a wheelchair. Wow. That's earth shattering news. I also heard that there are some lamer by the name of scroobal who attempst to make a name for himself based on hearsay.

So, go bugger off and get back under the rock where you come from.

As for your friend Charlie, he showed me that he was unable to keep his facts straight, and that is why he received the put down that he did. I feel bad for that guy for needing another guy who hides under a rock to come to his defense, albeit your attempted defense is at best questionable, but in all certainty weak -- as usual.

If you are ready for a mature discussion about immigration to Canada, come prepared and demonstrate that you can carry on a discussion at a higher level of intellectualism and then maybe I will consider discussing about the matter with you here.

Otherwise, you need to keep your mouth shut. Now, get lost.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you going to sue or just table thumping and lots of hot air?

Buddha and Jesus taught me to be kind, so there is a part of me that strive to be so.

If you read back to the relevant post (post #959 of this thread), Charlie is the guy who started the litigious tone by falsely accusing me of stating untrue facts about another person and urging the other person to rebut me. So, I am not the person who started the litigious tone.

So, I am still waiting for his apology.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quote:
<< "Some" years is not "several" years. I never said it took him "several" years. You are the one who used that word to accuse me. "Some" can mean 2, or can mean 3, or can mean 4 or 5." >>

from the online dictionary:

some
[suhm; unstressed suhm] Show IPA

adjective
1. being an undetermined or unspecified one: Some person may object.

2. (used with plural nouns) certain: Some days I stay home.

3. of a certain unspecified number, amount, degree, etc.: to some extent.

4. unspecified but considerable in number, amount, degree, etc.: We talked for some time. He was here some weeks.

5. Informal. of impressive or remarkable quality, consequence, extent, etc.: That was some storm.

sev·er·al [sev-er-uhl, sev-ruhl] Show IPA

adjective
1. being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind : several ways of doing it.

2. respective; individual: They went their several ways.

3. separate; different: several occasions.

4. single; particular.

5. Law. binding two or more persons who may be sued separately on a common obligation.

Based on the online dictionary, and my understanding of the words some and several, I believe that
some means a few, an unspecified, but considerable in number - that is "some years" means a few years or more than a few years
whereas several means a few, more than 2 but fewer than many.

Accordingly, some can be interpreted to mean more than a few years, whereas several means a few years.

Strictly speaking, we can count the years, which means several years is preferred because "some" is usually used for uncountable objects, such as some water.

Last edited:

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
<< "Some" years is not "several" years. I never said it took him "several" years. You are the one who used that word to accuse me. "Some" can mean 2, or can mean 3, or can mean 4 or 5." >>

from the online dictionary:

some
[suhm; unstressed suhm] Show IPA

adjective
1. being an undetermined or unspecified one: Some person may object.

2. (used with plural nouns) certain: Some days I stay home.

3. of a certain unspecified number, amount, degree, etc.: to some extent.

4. unspecified but considerable in number, amount, degree, etc.: We talked for some time. He was here some weeks.

5. Informal. of impressive or remarkable quality, consequence, extent, etc.: That was some storm.

sev·er·al [sev-er-uhl, sev-ruhl] Show IPA

adjective
1. being more than two but fewer than many in number or kind : several ways of doing it.

2. respective; individual: They went their several ways.

3. separate; different: several occasions.

4. single; particular.

5. Law. binding two or more persons who may be sued separately on a common obligation.

Based on the online dictionary, and my understanding of the words some and several, I believe that
some means a few, an unspecified, but considerable in number - that is "some years" means a few years or more than a few years
whereas several means a few, more than 2 but fewer than many.

Accordingly, some can be interpreted to mean more than a few years, whereas several means a few years.

Strictly speaking, we can count the years, which means several years is preferred because "some" is usually used for uncountable objects, such as some water.

Hi Charlie,

I don't understand why you need to drag this issue out.

Actually, to be frank with you, I have already forgotten about this matter until it was brought up again.

One thing good about my Canadian experience is that I met some Buddhists there who taught me about compassion to others and learning to let things go and forgive others.

I only came down hard on you because of your tone in post #959.

And I will be the first to admit that avoiding taking things too seriously is not my best ability.

So, let's move on lah.

Last edited:

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
One way to tell if a man deserves to be treated with respect and seriousness, is in his consistency. If he goes from "want to sue" to "waiting for apology" to "let's move on" within the span of "several" posts, you know you're dealing with a capricious man.

Why not simply ignore such trolls? Because that is not in the spirit of this forum. People come here for sincere, honest and balanced opinions.

There are some forumners who describe the cons of emigration, yet are accepted and engaged in a healthy debate by others. And then there are some who are immature fools whom in real life would never be asked for their opinion nor advice by serious and thinking men.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were smacked around silly, cut off at the knees and had to tuck your tail between your legs and whimper away. Yet trying to drag religion, threw in your interpretation of compassion on the guise of magnanimity and want to run a million miles away (moving on) .

How about being sincere for once. You made a mistake. Tried to cover it silly semantics and made it worse with a threat. Your bluff was called. Why not offer an apology to Doc and Charlie and we might spare the dunce cap and the corner because we are buddhist, we realised that we were quick with our temper, prepared to forget the matter and like to move on.

Hi Charlie

Actually, to be frank with you, I have already forgotten about this matter until it was brought up again.
One thing good about my Canadian experience is that I met some Buddhists there who taught me about compassion to others and learning to let things go and forgive others
And I will be the first to admit that avoiding taking things too seriously is not my best ability.

So, let's move on lah.

jw5

Loyal
You were smacked around silly, cut off at the knees and had to tuck your tail between your legs and whimper away. Yet trying to drag religion, threw in your interpretation of compassion on the guise of magnanimity and want to run a million miles away (moving on) .

How about being sincere for once. You made a mistake. Tried to cover it silly semantics and made it worse with a threat. Your bluff was called. Why not offer an apology to Doc and Charlie and we might spare the dunce cap and the corner because we are buddhist, we realised that we were quick with our temper, prepared to forget the matter and like to move on.

Manipulative bastard Scroobal, how about doing this instead?

You let whoever want to discuss or argue do what they want, and let whoever wants to humtum each other in this forum do what they want.

In the meantime, you shut the fuck up and stop trying to be the manipulative fake hero always trying to ingratiate himself with annonymous internet monikers and be the most popular fucktard that we know you are.

Do this so that your years of bullying and manipulating online plus all the threatening and condescending pompous ass posts will not give you and your dearest ones a real life impact.

How about doing this, manipulative bastard Scroobal (whose identity is already known)?

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey scroobal,

I think maybe there is some misunderstanding.

Prior to your post above, I have already communicated privately with Charlie69 that I am not going to sue him, and he has already acknowledged my private message via a reply.

So I am not sure why you continued to post the above. Why don't you check with Charlie69?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be paranoid lah.

I don't know Wendy Poh other than from the posts here.

You saying I sound like a girl?

Hahahaha!

It's a well know fact that the PAP internet brigade is active in these forums. My question has nothing to do with being paranoid but simply to discover if you have a hidden agenda.
Wendy Poh has been around for ages trying to discourage Sporeans from leaving by putting all sorts of negative stories. However she is too obvious:smile:

It's always a challenge to spot the IB people in this forum:biggrin:
However I find it strange that someone who lives in Spore is painting a negative picture of Canada. Why would you go to so much trouble :confused:

I find it strange that on one hand the PAP is alienating Sporeans with their policies & yet they spend $$$ on propaganda, the IB,.... in an attempt to scare people from leaving Spore.

Last edited:

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a well know fact that the PAP internet brigade is active in these forums. My question has nothing to do with being paranoid but simply to discover if you have a hidden a hidden agenda.
Wendy Poh has been around for ages trying to discourage Sporeans from leaving by putting all sorts of negative stories. However she is too obvious:smile:

It's always a challenge to spot the IB people in this forum:biggrin:

I find it strange that on one hand the PAP is alienating Sporeans with their policies & yet they spend $$$ on propaganda, the IB,.... in an attempt to scare people from leaving Spore.

Well, sorry to disappoint you.

I fully encourage people to migrate.

But I think there are better places in the West than Canada to migrate to, in terms of risk/cost/effort versus value/reward ratio.

Didn't I make that clear enough?

I don't know Wendy personally. But I found many of her posts to be factually accurate. Just my personal opinion.

Anyway, I don't know why I am debating about whether I am a some girl whom I don't know with you at this hour. I am going back to play COD BO2.

Don't be paranoid lah. Serious.

Last edited: