• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
for all information.

Give me a breaK!

You are preparing to immigrate and it means you have to do things on your own...no more PAP telling you what to do and yet you still want people to spoon feed you?

You ask "Where you can get police clearance?"

Look into the instruction sheets and the Canadian High Com has all the info fro you.

Wake up be a man...an independent man.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give me a breaK!

You are preparing to immigrate and it means you have to do things on your own...no more PAP telling you what to do and yet you still want people to spoon feed you?

You ask "Where you can get police clearance?"

Look into the instruction sheets and the Canadian High Com has all the info fro you.

Wake up be a man...an independent man.

??? Did you wake up on the wrong side of your bed today?
Yippe! I'm waiting for my PPR.

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.arguewitheveryone.com/fo...54-why-canadas-housing-bubble-will-burst.html

"Every single U.S. lender specializing in sub-prime has gone bankrupt. The largest sub-prime lender in the world is now the Canadian government."

In Canada, the banks knows that if a mortgage belongs to the mortgagee own roof - chances of default is very low. However, if it is rental - the risk is very different. I invest in cashflowing rentals - i can tell you that the credit for rental properties has tickle to a drop. As a self employed before i can get the bank to even consider lending me $$ to invest in properties until i position myself right.

I am making $$ by putting a house on contract and flipping this contract to build up my war chest again. So far market for western Canada has started to move up again. Good times are coming again.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am making $$ by putting a house on contract and flipping this contract to build up my war chest again. So far market for western Canada has started to move up again. Good times are coming again.

Yes ! 3 cheers for the risk-takers ! Yes-yes.. good times.. hmmmm...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reminds me of a Malaysian obasan who won $30mil in lotterywest last year.

But at the end of the day, we hear of people who mismanage their sudden wealth.

A study of lottery winners shows that 10 years after winning, most of the winners have spent their winning and are back to square one, some fare even worse, being deep in debt. Only 5-10% are doing extremely well or even better. Not much difference from the general population proportion of the rich.

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
for all information.

Canada: The best place in the world to live
Submitted by Carolyn B. Heller on November 30, 2009 – 7:50 amNo CommentIs Canada the best place in the world for expats to live?

According to the 2009 HSBC Expat Experience Survey, it is.

Canada topped the list of best places to live, with expats there reporting the highest overall increase in their quality of life since arriving in the country.

The survey polled more than 3,000 expats around the world, assessing whether their overall quality of life increased or decreased during their overseas assignment.

Canada was also number 1 in “quality of accommodation,” with 68% of expats reporting that their homes were better in Canada than in their native country.

Canada received high scores in how easy it is for expats to make friends, to pursue hobbies, and to improve the quality of life with their families.

According to survey respondents, the top reasons for living in Canada include:

Better environment/quality of life for my children (39%)
Lifestyle (38%)
Career prospects (35%)
Less crime (13%)
Other interesting findings:

Canada has a high proportion of retired expats: 24% compared with 7% worldwide.
Canada’s expat community is older than average, with 61% age 45 or over.
More than two-thirds of Canadian expats own property in the country, which is double the global average of 31%.
More than 60% of expats in Canada reported that organizing their finances and their health care was easy.
Nearly 40 percent said that their health improved since arriving in Canada.
You can download the full report from the HSBC Expat Experience website.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Canada: The best place in the world to live
Submitted by Carolyn B. Heller on November 30, 2009 – 7:50 amNo CommentIs Canada the best place in the world for expats to live?

According to the 2009 HSBC Expat Experience Survey, it is.

Canada topped the list of best places to live, with expats there reporting the highest overall increase in their quality of life since arriving in the country.

Not surprised at Canadian ranking. But surprised that Canada's southern neighbour is ranked 8th. Singapore is 4th, while HK is 10th.

http://www.offshore.hsbc.com/1/2/international/expat/expat-survey/expat-experience-report-2009

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Hock, what ever is posted in the reports upon reports. Does not make a different - the info is more for re assuring. At the end of the day, it depends on what actions u took to achieve the lifestyle u wanted for you and your family.

I do not paint a beautiful pictures to migration to Canada. In fact, in my reply to the samster that wrote to me. I tell them that the 1st year is the most challenging but as the years progresses. I tell them that they will savour the triumph over this new challenges.

Sorry got carry away alittle. Just wanted to give a perspective to reality.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hock, what ever is posted in the reports upon reports. Does not make a different - the info is more for re assuring. At the end of the day, it depends on what actions u took to achieve the lifestyle u wanted for you and your family.

I do not paint a beautiful pictures to migration to Canada. In fact, in my reply to the samster that wrote to me. I tell them that the 1st year is the most challenging but as the years progresses. I tell them that they will savour the triumph over this new challenges.

Sorry got carry away alittle. Just wanted to give a perspective to reality.

Aiyah emigration is for long term mah. Emigration is like Guiness Stout;
when bitterness becomes extreme, sweetness follows.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada has possibly the greatest potential of any nation. And this covers its wonderful landscape, its proven vast economic resources and good governance. What it badly needs is people and in huge numbers to reach critical mass to drive get its economy to the next level. Canadians as a group of people are highly rated for their manners, character and deportment like the Kiwis.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Canada has possibly the greatest potential of any nation. And this covers its wonderful landscape, its proven vast economic resources and good governance. What it badly needs is people and in huge numbers to reach critical mass to drive get its economy to the next level. Canadians as a group of people are highly rated for their manners, character and deportment like the Kiwis.

And they do not suffer the convict history of Australia. :biggrin:
But being next to a superpower is its downside too. The people would rather head for the warmer south.

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the comparison usa is like australia, canada is like new zealand is fairly accurate. maybe have more fun in usa/aust but people nicer easier living in canada/nz

i am a canadian lived in singapore for 10+ years hated living there every single day but very good job. after i left i wondered why i stayed there so long money was not worth being miserable. canadians welcome everone there are so many asians there it will surprise most people.

congratulations and welcome

Charlie9

Alfrescian
Loyal
the comparison usa is like australia, canada is like new zealand is fairly accurate. maybe have more fun in usa/aust but people nicer easier living in canada/nz

i am a canadian lived in singapore for 10+ years hated living there every single day but very good job. after i left i wondered why i stayed there so long money was not worth being miserable. canadians welcome everone there are so many asians there it will surprise most people.

The written English needs improvement.

jojostar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The written English needs improvement.

english written on a website is not the same as that written for school or work, no need for correct grammar, punctuation, capital letters, etc.... especially as most readers are singaporeans

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, good to have you back. I recall you as an early vet of the old SBF and your comments about employement pass vs PR. In view of your background, you will be helpful in the area of cross border stuff. As you are familiar with the legendary "courteous" manner, I am sure you will feel at home.