• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
for all information.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police station?

go to the police HQ @ cantonment rd, can't remember which floor liao. just ask at the info counter. must submit 2 phots, & fill in the form.

can collect the police clearance cert 2 -3 working days later.

congrats! nothing great abt the SG passport, don't look back.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
go to the police HQ @ cantonment rd, can't remember which floor liao. just ask at the info counter. must submit 2 phots, & fill in the form.

can collect the police clearance cert 2 -3 working days later.

congrats! nothing great abt the SG passport, don't look back.

Thanks mate. 2-3 working days - that is fast. Did you actually apply
for the police clearance certificate?

I was surprised to receive CIC's letter asking for submission of documents.
I only expect CIC to notify me end of 2010(approximate waiting period).
Is there any change to the waiting period? :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good if you could share, your motivation and experiences for this new journey of life when it is convenient. Congrats and Good luck.

I just received my letter from CIC to submit documents. It's only 32 months
from the day I applied. Where do I get my police clearance? Thanks a lot
for all information.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good if you could share, your motivation and experiences for this new journey of life when it is convenient. Congrats and Good luck.

Nothing concrete yet. Still in process. Police Clearance Certificate
must wait for 14 days. Cannot be faster. Even pay money also no use.

whistler

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow....mine took almost 4yrs.....(submitted in '05).....just got final clearance to submit all our passports.....:smile:

ak168

Alfrescian
Loyal
My congrats to Hock..

I have waited 3 years plus as I have applied in early 2006. I have just received my COPR last week. Am prepared to land in Canada this Nov.

Yes, the PCC take 2 weeks, so you need to do that first asap and then go to Shaw center for medical. The medical is quite fast with x-ray, urine test ..etc but remember to bring the passport and photograph required.

I cannot wait for my landing.....

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow....mine took almost 4yrs.....(submitted in '05).....just got final clearance to submit all our passports.....:smile:

Poon Pee Pee...hor say liow! And u r landing in Vancouver? Vancouver
property damn bery ex......u renting or buying 1st?

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
My congrats to Hock..

I have waited 3 years plus as I have applied in early 2006. I have just received my COPR last week. Am prepared to land in Canada this Nov.

Yes, the PCC take 2 weeks, so you need to do that first asap and then go to Shaw center for medical. The medical is quite fast with x-ray, urine test ..etc but remember to bring the passport and photograph required.

I cannot wait for my landing.....

Congratulations! Mine not confirm yet. And u r landing in ........?

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations! Mine not confirm yet. And u r landing in ........?

Why dont the 2 of you called each other and book on the same flight to edmonton. This way i can pick both of u up and do all the landing papers at the same time. Save me lots of time - we can go for the steam chicken soup and Nasi briyani and dosai here.

ak168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont the 2 of you called each other and book on the same flight to edmonton. This way i can pick both of u up and do all the landing papers at the same time. Save me lots of time - we can go for the steam chicken soup and Nasi briyani and dosai here.

Am drooling already...having steam chicken soup in winter (Nov) should be quite "shiok"...

It sounds like a good idea actually from Asychee...(i do have that mind though but not sure if you mind/like) .Even not, we can meet up for coffee ??..Hock, what do you say....are you in Singapore ? I believe if you are healthy, you should clear your medical in no time and be issued a visa within a month. For me and son, we were issued the visa less than 2 weeks after we submitted our medical document. It was faster than I have expected.

At the moment, am still trying to get the best flight...fare ...there is an Travel Exhibition in Suntec this Sat and Sun....we can meet up if you like...

Please send me a email via this forum and we can exchange contact....

whistler

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hock & Ak168, yes it'll be great that we do coffee while here in SG to discuss plans & exchange ideas. well, presently i'm researching Van as its most well known & there weather is less harsh, i suppose. in fact, i've not heard of Edmonton before joining this forum (pardon my ignorance) :smile:
now i've 1 more worthy contender for landing location.

Wow Asychee, the steam chicken soup & nasi briyani really makes me drool........i was still thinking we hv to get used eating to burgers & french fries once there.......:p

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Hock & Ak168, yes it'll be great that we do coffee while here in SG to discuss plans & exchange ideas. well, presently i'm researching Van as its most well known & there weather is less harsh, i suppose. in fact, i've not heard of Edmonton before joining this forum (pardon my ignorance) :smile:

Wow Asychee, the steam chicken soup & nasi briyani really makes me drool........i was still thinking we hv to get used eating to burgers & french fries once there.......:p

Canada is not as "white" as you think it is. Vancouver is more like Hongcouver, while edmonton is more "White". People are usually very very polite. Please send me a email via this forum we can exchange contacts.

ak168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I just check with you guys who have obtained your Canada PR and SIN card already.

Have any of you try getting an appointment/interview or response via applying for job online without phyiscally being in Canada yet??

I believe you should have better success than not having the PR and SIN status right ?

Am trying to embark on this soon...hopefully to get some response or interview while am there.....can anyone care to share your experience on this.....??

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

Too bad, I'm in HCMC.