• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boy Kena Molested But Not Poodles' Job!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Parents alone can't prevent child molestation
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Monday's Forum Online letter, 'Parents should not abdicate their responsibility to kids' by Mr Kenneth Lim Ming Jin, who was replying to last Saturday's letter, 'Practise zero tolerance against child molesters' by Ms Boey Shee Lye. Mr Lim's view worries me.
In the case of the six-year-old boy who was molested in the toilet of a neighbourhood library, it is pertinent to remember that he had been there on a visit with his mother.
Why was not his father there? Could he have been working? Could the child have been from a single-parent household?
Would Mr Lim have rather the mother accompany her young son into the male public toilet?
Granted she could have let him use the female public toilet instead, but can mothers continue this practice with eight-, 10- and 12-year-olds?
The United States National Data Analysis System estimates that 12.3 children in every thousand were abused and maltreated in the country in 2005. This is a nation with over 72 million children under the age of 18. And these were only reported cases.
Who could have highlighted these children's plight if not for the alertness of random strangers or caring neighbours?
As a parent of a 10-month-old boy, I worry ceaselessly about the world he will grow up in.
The prevention of any crime is not the responsibility of the police alone. And especially where children are concerned, it is the moral duty and social responsibility of the community at large to exercise all the more diligence.
Why? Because we are all stakeholders in the world's future. Our children are our future.
Mariana Jumari (Ms)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about kids in the toliets....have you guys ever met, small girls in the Gents...brought in there by their dads to pee???

And small boys being brought in to ladies by their mums...

Now, what's the complain about?......whose fault is it?

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a stupid letter from mariana..

that means everywhere u go, must bring extended family is it:confused:

why stop at father n mother? get grannies, in-laws and everybody involved lah..:biggrin:

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh? This woman's response is all the over the place, very hard to read. What's her main point?

Just stand outside the toilet and talk to the kid. Or do what a female friend of mine do, ask someone to help watch over the boy while he's inside the wash room.

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
Parents should not abdicate their responsibility to kids

WHEN I read Saturday's letter, "Practise zero tolerance against child molesters" by Ms Boey Shee Lye, I was appalled at her suggestion that "all cubicles in male public toilets should have no doors".

She also notes that "most civic-minded men would not mind the loss of privacy to ensure the safety of young boys".

This is yet another example of a growing trend of concerned parents in Singapore asking the society as a whole to make sacrifices or pressuring government agencies to look into their concerns, all in the name of protecting the interests of our children.

While I do not question the importance of their concerns, parents should be mindful that all members of society have rights to privacy and enriching lives too. Government agencies should also not be made to compromise on their core missions.

Parents should take responsibility of their children and not abdicate them to the society or government or even use children as an excuse to forward their own agendas.

Kenneth Lim Ming Jin

ScarFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should call in the "jamban" expert LBW to hold a steering committee to debate on the matter, and make recommendations. :biggrin:

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well traveled people should have experienced the 'open' concept toilet. I've squatted in a row of shit holes, not toilet bowls, not sure how to call that, with other man doing the same business in another country.

Actually, there is nothing to hide among normal man, but it'll be a field day for the gays.