• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This nasi lemak sambal is shiok!

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.soshiok.com/articles/12909/

This nasi lemak sambal is shiok!
Mon May 25 2009

SoShiok.com

Nasi Lemak at Amoy Street food centre is outstanding

nasisk.jpg

Singapore, May 25, 2009

Review by reader Aileen Ang:

Nasi Lemak
#02-81 Amoy Street Food Centre

I found the best Nasi Lemak in Singapore - right at Amoy Street Food Market second floor.

It’s the staircase that’s next to the POSB ATM. Another clue would be that this nasi lemak is just next to the “famous” lor mee @ Amoy

If you ever want to eat the nasi lemak at this stall, please go early like 11.30am (if your boss let you go) or 12.30 latest. After that, the uncle or auntie would tell you, “Sorry, no more rice!”

The nasi lemak is really ordinary at this stall, but fragrant and nice.

What stands out most is their fried chicken wing which is crispy and tasty and if you’re lucky, hot from the wok! The sambal belacan here is also very shiok and it is on the sweetish side which I feel should be the case with Nasi Lemak.

nasiskin1.jpg

The sambal also has that wonderful savoury taste of the belacan which hits the Umami Spot. I like the friendly uncle selling the Nasi Lemak too.

He is one that does not shortcharge you for the amount that you pay! In fact he always tries to add as much ingredients as he could squeeze into the plate of nasi lemak!

A very, very shiok Nasi Lemak, and I do feel that the best things in life are the simplest!

nasi2.jpg

Win $100 shopping/dining voucher
Just submit a review of your favourite food stall by June 17.
Get details -> HERE

Do you agree with the reviewer? Is there a better nasi lemak stall elsewhere?
Give your comments -> HERE

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is cheap and nice, definitely in my top 5 nasi lemak stall,but the sambal so so only leh, Punggol Nasi Lemak is still the best :biggrin::biggrin:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
bring on the original nasi lemak in banana leaf, with sambal chilli , ikan bilis or kunning or ikan paseh. a slice of cucumber and a sliver of egg omelette. That to me is the best nasi lemak e.g lee wee brother