• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Obama will lose because of his choice of running mate

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama choice of running mate is wrong. Biden is balding. But he cover up his baldness with a layer of nicely comb strategically well placed last layer of his hair. Show that Biden is vain, and a phony, like his hair. If one is bald, one just accept the reality. Why wanna pretend pretend and comb over the baldness??

Mccain's running mate Sarah Palin has got thick bundled hair. Bursting with energy.

Obama's running mate look like some cheesy 2nd hand car salesman.

Mccain's running mate Palin looks like a strong and yet warm lady boss. Firm and yet large dose of motherly warmth, huge mammal gland, nobody could say no to her. Her Ying and Yang well balanced.

Obama and Biden look like two lau (old) gay partner.

Mccain and his running mate Sarah Palin looks like a wise father and a smart eldest daughter team.

Obama keep stressing he got good judgment. But his choice of running mate shows the opposite, he has got seriously bad judgment. A great showman, a great pretender, but he has got terribly bad judgment.

He's a goner.

Last edited:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
he oreadi has the younger generation votes,who is looking for changes.
but he also need to take care of those old timers and conservatives.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not really about ideology, or policies... think bush vs kelly.

it comes down to who will the americans trust? obama or mccain?

i believe the americans will trust mccain more than obama. mccain will win more trust than obama. not by a lot. but slightly more.

therefore, i think mccain will win.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama has revealed his true colours, having followed the racist reverend for many years. He is playing to the crowd but having no real opinions of his own.

It's a choice of choosing between 2 idiots, and I will support McCain.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama has revealed his true colours, having followed the racist reverend for many years. He is playing to the crowd but having no real opinions of his own.

It's a choice of choosing between 2 idiots, and I will support McCain.

Its human nature for people to take the familiar route from point A to B. Obama is untested. He's a unknown, kind of a detour. Might be interesting to go on a detour for character in the movie, but in real life one will have second thought about it.

Logically, americans just like all other people of the world, would lean towards the safe bet. Which is Mccain. Because its human nature to go for the safe bet.

Thats the way I see it. If I am gonna wager US$100 on whose going to win this US presidential election, I will place my bet on Mccain.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think McCain's choice of running mate is very good and shrewd, Sarah Palin. Obama may now be regretting not choosing Hilary Clinton.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Obama choice of running mate is wrong. Biden is balding. But he cover up his baldness with a layer of nicely comb strategically well placed last layer of his hair. Show that Biden is vain, and a phony, like his hair. If one is bald, one just accept the reality. Why wanna pretend pretend and comb over the baldness??

Mccain's running mate Sarah Palin has got thick bundled hair. Bursting with energy.

Obama's running mate look like some cheesy 2nd hand car salesman.

Mccain's running mate Palin looks like a strong and yet warm lady boss. Firm and yet large dose of motherly warmth, huge mammal gland, nobody could say no to her. Her Ying and Yang well balanced.

Obama and Biden look like two lau (old) gay partner.

Mccain and his running mate Sarah Palin looks like a wise father and a smart eldest daughter team.

Obama keep stressing he got good judgment. But his choice of running mate shows the opposite, he has got seriously bad judgment. A great showman, a great pretender, but he has got terribly bad judgment.

He's a goner.

Well, the economy is a goner under Bush anyway, so why bother about it? Might as well just start singing that "What will be will be" song....and accept our doom.

I think McCain's choice of running mate is very good and shrewd, Sarah Palin. Obama may now be regretting not choosing Hilary Clinton.

Haha. As if. Let's state the facts:

1. She's been a mayor of a small town in the Alaska outskirts that is only 9000 in total population up to 2 years ago only.

2. She's clearly selected to get Clinton votes.

3. But unlike Clinton, she doesn't respect Roe Vs Wade, and to women, that's a very important woman's right.

4. She's also highly inexperienced in economics- a very close concern for many voters this year.

5. She's also no Clinton in the first place.

6. She is practically unknown outside the political circles in Alaska and even in some sections of the Washington circles. Unlike Sen. Obama and Biden who are both famous in and out of the Beltway.

7. Now McCain can't accuse Obama-Biden of being too inexperienced, especially if he himself had done the same and selected an inexperienced candidate. I'd believe that Romney or Pawnley would have been better as they are much more well known and that Romney has business, finance and economical experience. But Palin is unknown and you have to wonder- unlike Clinton- whether she is ready to be President if McCain is incapacitated or gone. You can put such a vision foward and think of Clinton as a credible President- but Palin? Not really.

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the economy is a goner under Bush anyway, so why bother about it? Might as well just start singing that "What will be will be" song....and accept our doom.

Its about trust.

Yes the US economy is bad. The americans have got two choice. One is a smooth talking untested noob/ newbie. The other one is a senior, experience politician. Which one is trustable? Which one is the safe bet? I say its the senior, experience politician. Which is Mccain.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its about trust.

Yes the US economy is bad. The americans have got two choice. One is a smooth talking untested noob/ newbie. The other one is a senior, experience politician. Which one is the safe bet? I say its the senior, experience politician. Which is Mccain.

McCain is experienced in economics? You have to be kidding me. McCain himself has said that he doesn't know economics as much as he should be. His senior economic adviser also accused ordinary Americans of being whiny, and the country, a nation of whiners.

You ask me if the US deserves such politicians who are so consistently out of touch and in ivory towers with the new reality of business, politics and information system?

I mean, what would you feel if LHL accuse you of being a whiner in tough economical times? Do you just nod and take it as it is, or do you get angry with such an accusation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XlsZznzb5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HU36YAucSk

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bill Clinton's speech and Obama's speech following that should be revisited by anyone who has any doubts as to who shall be occupying 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue come Jan 2009:wink:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US president is surrounded with experts and advisers. Take Regan for example. He's a ex-actor. But many of the americans think he is a great president. He doesn't have to know about ecomomics. All he has to do is make good decision, choose the right people to be his adviser.

It comes down to whether the president has got good judgment and trustworthiness.

If the people think that he's (presidential candidate) trustworthy, they will give him the power.

Between a noob and a experienced politician, i take the experienced politician any day.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
The US president is surrounded with experts and advisers. Take Regan for example. He's a ex-actor. But many of the americans think he is a great president. He doesn't have to know about ecomomics. All he has to do is make good decision, choose the right people to be his adviser.

It comes down to whether the president has got good judgment and trustworthiness.

If the people think that he's (presidential candidate) trustworthy, they will give him the power.

Between a noob and a experienced politician, i take the experienced politician any day.

Reagan left the country in deep deficit, that Bush Sr failed to rein it. That sums it up about Reagan.

Reagan did, of course, end the cold war essentially. But that's his best achievement. But his economical achievements is not as good as one can claim to be.

Experience cannot be considered good if you keep on making the same wrong decisions for the last 20 years.

Bill Clinton was a governor from Arkansas. What did Obama do? 143 days of senate experience. Go do the sum.

But what can McCain claim? In trying economical times, he's doing what Bush has done, and essentially failed. That the same policies will contribute to another economical bubble- and that's sure to burst again? Is that wise, or is it folly?

And when one doesn't understand the new economy and the new technology, then how can one old man lead the country into the next phrase of the 21st century? By resorting back to WWII style stuff? Give me a break. Tradition is something important, but it cannot comprehend everything. Looking back and then boasting that you're completely computer illiterate, and completely useless in the field of economics doesn't give a lot of people a lot of confidence. You're old, but you're definitely not wise.

Last edited:

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lady or a Mc Cain will stop history in the making. A new dawn in America is coming. All men are created equal and no man is superior to another. Mark my words, Barack Obama will be the president of the United States of America.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lady or a Mc Cain will stop history in the making. A new dawn in America is coming. All men are created equal and no man is superior to another. Mark my words, Barack Obama will be the president of the United States of America.

its not about the lady. its about judgment. obama choice of VP shown he has got poor judgment. he should have choose hilary clinton.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A racial minority (Obama - African American) having a gender minority (Hilary Clinton) would probably not have been electable. McCain's choice of a woman as a running mate is a recognition that many women are pissed off with the Republicans and a Bush third term. But he could have asked Rice or someone less lightweight. I see the second coming of Quayle.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
A racial minority (Obama - African American) having a gender minority (Hilary Clinton) would probably not have been electable. McCain's choice of a woman as a running mate is a recognition that many women are pissed off with the Republicans and a Bush third term. But he could have asked Rice or someone less lightweight. I see the second coming of Quayle.

No. Hilary compare to Biden, Hilary is a better choice. A stronger politician. So why Obama choose Biden as running mate? Obviously Obama has got screw up judgment. He let his personal emotion take hold of him.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. Hilary compare to Biden, Hilary is a better choice. A stronger politician. So why Obama choose Biden as running mate? Obviously Obama has got screw up judgment. He let his personal emotion take hold of him.

Well, ask John Kerry if he did the right thing in 2004 by asking John Edwards to be his running mate, instead of Sen. Bayh, or even current GOP nominee John McCain instead?

In the end, the choice of Hillary is convenience's sake. Plus, to take your opponent who has lost, and your biggest rival also opens up a can of worms. I can list out three of them:

1. Her words against Obama will be sure to be used by Sen. McCain, by asking why Clinton said this against Obama but now says the opposite because she's running with him. The ads will be many and possibly extremely damaging.

2. Besides her popularity within democratic women voters, she's also very unpopular with many independents and conservative republicans. If she was Obama's running mate, the independents will be hesitant to vote for another Clinton, and the GOP women and men will turn up in even greater numbers to vote against a long time nemesis. These two groups haven't forgotten Clinton just because she had a great campaign in the last 18 months.

3. President Clinton will be sure to say something, and sometimes can be caught unawares. If he just says something wrong that implies that he's against Obama, even when he's campaigning for him and her, then McCain will be sure to pounce. And there will be another flourish of negative ads which can demoralise democrats, and energise independents and GOPers to vote against Clinton- just to stop another Clinton from getting into the White House.

In the end, its just for convenience's sake. A lot of Singaporeans say that because Hillary was 2nd, so its natural to ask your opponent who lost to be your running mate. But its superficial to a big extent- as there's much more tactical reasons behind the choice of selecting your Veep nominee.

And because Biden offers just as much, and without the massive 800Ib elephant of the other Democratic family, and that he's even more qualified to be President if there's a crisis, that's why Biden was chosen. Let's face it: Biden has foreign and national security credentials, can argue privately and offer different opinions privately and attack as a loyal attack dog for Obama against McCain. And he's loyal to the democratic cause and popular in the US Senate.

That's why Biden is chosen to be his running mate and not Clinton. It says a lot when you don't do something in politics just because its easier. Because in other people's eyes, it can come across as being lazy when you make a decision just because its easy. Convenience now can become a burden 2 months down the road.

Just ask John Kerry about John Edwards and you'd know.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wish i could press the forward button and let u see for yourself. obama will not win this election.

the margin is narrow. but end of the day, mccain will win. mark my word.