• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What good is it to have Singapore citizenship, when you have no valid Singapore passport, and continue to get reminders from the authorities stating that it is "illegal" to have dual citizenships?

What's so good about Singapore citizenship in name?

Visa-free travel to China! Even nice Canadians don't enjoy that.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
They don't want to lose lots of CPF cash ...if you ask to become sinkee again, they will gladly take you back as long as you are able to pay back your CPF money.

I don't think this applies to non citizens. Those who renounce will probably never become Singapore citizens again.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Visa-free travel to China! Even nice Canadians don't enjoy that.

So if you have no valid Singapore passport but go to China with your Canadian passport and say that you are a Singaporean, show your expired Singapore passport you can travel visa-free?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. I did declare on the renewal form that I am a citizen of another country. Of course you can don't declare, but bear in the mind that would be lying under oath. Knowing how petty they are.....

2. of course not.

Don't need to declare lah. They know and close an eye. At least 80 percent of sinkees who have emigrated are citizens of those countries but continue to hang on to their Sinkee passport.
You don't say, they pretend not to know. If they go ahead and make an example of one person, there will be an avalanche of renunciation of citizenship. That they don't want. They already experienced a ponding of renunciation when they force overseas sinkees to pay for medishield and then quickly change policy to stop that flow.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So if you have no valid Singapore passport but go to China with your Canadian passport and say that you are a Singaporean, show your expired Singapore passport you can travel visa-free?

Cannot lah ...must need sinkapore passport to enter China visa free. I was just citing the advantage of sinkee passport. Sorry for confusion ah ...should have replied based on thread context.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't think this applies to non citizens. Those who renounce will probably never become Singapore citizens again.

I know people who gave up Sinkee PR and then wanted to come back was allowed to ...they just had to deposit their CPF back.

If they let PR come back, why not sinkees?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for the update. will propagate news to those sinkies in u.s. who kpkb. they taketh, they giveth, they taketh away, and they are baiting. perhaps, they want us back for good. i'm not biting. :p :wink:

Bite on sinkapore satay. Free GST rebate even when you are not spending a cent in sinkapore. Your kids get to study for cheap ...if you decide US education is not up to par. Your Sinkee citizenship is a passport to freebies.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Bite on sinkapore satay. Free GST rebate even when you are not spending a cent in sinkapore. Your kids get to study for cheap ...if you decide US education is not up to par. Your Sinkee citizenship is a passport to freebies.

Spoken like a true left winger! Singapore is good for freebies and handouts! Nirvana for progressives! No wonder you stay in Singapore! Thank the PAP!

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GST rebates ...free money lor. Get to go to Sinkee event overseas and get free food. Eatshitndie is a regular at those events held in the US.

no longer as they now require sg nric to register for gov-sponsored events held outside sg. reason cited is sinkies kpkb about "foreigners" enjoying what should rightly be sinkies' privileges and benefits as true blue sinkie shitizens. now you don't see americans showing up at these events. only incestous, inbreeding sinkie losers. the whole idea of holding events in u.s. is to have americans intermingle with sinkies to exchange notes and experiences. they used to do that when events are not sponsored by sg gov, namely the osu. now it's just sinkie propaganda events, using venues that are privileges and benefits of the american taxpayer. the last one i attended was at sofitel. sinkie aunties grabbed ang ku kuehs from shiok restaurant by the dozens per plate, hoarded them on their tables, ate one and wasted the rest. the sinkie selfish kiasi kiasu mentality has not left them. after that even if there's no nric to register and event is free, i also don't want to attend and be associated with sinkies. very xia xue and xia lang.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spoken like a true left winger! Singapore is good for freebies and handouts! Nirvana for progressives! No wonder you stay in Singapore! Thank the PAP!

Right-wingers pretend that they don't want government ...yet when calamities strike, they are the first to seek government money. Even Alberta's oil industry gets $5 billion in tax breaks! So, right-wingers are full of S*.
At least, progressives are honest ...they pay their taxes and expect to utilize government services.

I digress ...back to the PAP freebies. The PAP fleeces sinkees so much, it is our right to take whatever morsels we can get back. Remember, we didn't ask for it.

Like I say, your mindset is more suitable for sinkapore despite claiming to embrace your adopted country (you don't have a Canadian mindset, by the way).

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no longer as they now require sg nric to register for gov-sponsored events held outside sg. reason cited is sinkies kpkb about "foreigners" enjoying what should rightly be sinkies' privileges and benefits as true blue sinkie shitizens. now you don't see americans showing up at these events. only incestous, inbreeding sinkie losers. the whole idea of holding events in u.s. is to have americans intermingle with sinkies to exchange notes and experiences. they used to do that when events are not sponsored by sg gov, namely the osu. now it's just sinkie propaganda events, using venues that are privileges and benefits of the american taxpayer. the last one i attended was at sofitel. sinkie aunties grabbed ang ku kuehs from shiok restaurant by the dozens per plate, hoarded them on their tables, ate one and wasted the rest. the sinkie selfish kiasi kiasu mentality has not left them. after that even if there's no nric to register and event is free, i also don't want to attend and be associated with sinkies. very xia xue and xia lang.

:eek: You so rarely run down sinkees. Must be traumatizing. Got PTSD or not?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Right-wingers pretend that they don't want government ...yet when calamities strike, they are the first to seek government money. Even Alberta's oil industry gets $5 billion in tax breaks! So, right-wingers are full of S*.
At least, progressives are honest ...they pay their taxes and expect to utilize government services.

I digress ...back to the PAP freebies. The PAP fleeces sinkees so much, it is our right to take whatever morsels we can get back. Remember, we didn't ask for it.

Like I say, your mindset is more suitable for sinkapore despite claiming to embrace your adopted country (you don't have a Canadian mindset, by the way).

LOL! It doesn't matter what you think. Fact is I'm in Alberta and you're in Singapore.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What is considered a Canadian mindset?

I believe that according to winnipegjets it would be the left wing mindset that is Canadian. Isn't that right winnipegjets?

I'm beginning to understand your mindset better winnipegjets.

I did not migrate to Canada. I migrated to Alberta (and Alberta is not part of Canada mindset wise and socio-philosophical-political wise, according to winnipegjets). I'm not really a Canadian citizen. I'm an Albertan. I think when you make that distinction it will make you less bitter that I am here in Alberta and you are stuck in Singapore.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe that according to winnipegjets it would be the left wing mindset that is Canadian. Isn't that right winnipegjets?

I'm beginning to understand your mindset better winnipegjets.

I did not migrate to Canada. I migrated to Alberta. I'm not really a Canadian citizen. I'm an Albertan. I think when you make that distinction it will make you less bitter that I am here in Alberta and you are stuck in Singapore.

I believe that in Canada, an individual can be any thing or any person,
right, left, centre, Christian, Roman Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh,
white Caucasian, Black, Latin American, etc.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
“I am a Canadian,
a free Canadian,
free to speak without fear,
free to worship in my own way,
free to stand for what I think right,
free to oppose what I believe wrong,
or free to choose those
who shall govern my country.
This heritage of freedom
I pledge to uphold
for myself and all mankind.”

— John Diefenbaker
13th Prime Minister of Canada
June 21, 1957 – April 22, 1963

Oh by the way, Diefenbaker was a progressive conservative, which no longer exists today according to living-in-Singapore winnipegjets. So maybe those words from Diefenbaker cuts no ice with winnipegjets. It is winnipegjets' way or the highway. To me that's very "Singaporean mindset". But what would I know? I'm just an Albertan.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe that in Canada, an individual can be any thing or any person,
right, left, centre, Christian, Roman Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh,
white Caucasian, Black, Latin American, etc.

Nobody cares WHAT you are here in Canada. It's HOW you are that matters. If you disrespect people or discrimate them based on their sexuality, gender, age, race and such, you WILL get called out right away. This is what I love about society here and the cultural progressiveness. The way you behave and treat people matters above all else.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOL! It doesn't matter what you think. Fact is I'm in Alberta and you're in Singapore.

Don't worry, bad times will hit Alberta. You have tarsands which will pollute your land and inflict its people with inexplicable cancer. The greedy Albertans who think that they are superior to other Canadians and see Eastern Canada as their enemy will get their payback. Looks like you have succumbed to that line of thought. And I thought you were smart.

Yes, laugh at me, by all means. I don't expect less from a right-winger.