• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have not visited this thread for long time, so here's an update.

I attempted to renew my SG passport in February 2016. Of course i declared that I do hold another country's citizenship and passport.

ICA refused to let me renew the SG passport, unless I renounce the other country's citizenship. So I told them no thank you, they can take the red IC and passport back.

So, you travel in and out of sinkapore with your foreign passport. No problem. They close an eye and you close yours too. They want to keep your CPF.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am actually pretty hopeful that Fentanyl may be the savior for the drug problem. I really hope it gets out of hand and results in millions of deaths from overdose to the point it is uncontrollable. The drug enforcement agencies should close an eye on Fentanyl and let it run its course.

It's a perfect way to solve the drug problem. Make it so dangerous to take drugs that it literally DOES kill you. Those who take it eventually die. Those who are thinking of taking it have to consider properly whether they want to take the risk of dying for a couple of joyrides.

In fact have the drug agencies sneak Fentanyl into every single drug distribution network and mix it in with other things like cocaine, meth, LSD, pot, mushrooms....you name it.

I guarantee after a while nobody would say take drugs...it will be take poision. Which is what it really is anyway.

A true blue conservative indeed!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My approach is the same. I wouldn't say school is pointless because the kids also have to learn to interact and work with other kids. Some of whom are idiots. At least my kids tell me so. Haha!

You are quite right about the whole liberal, rights and equality campaigns all over. I've seen parents bring their 20 year old son who is not doing well in post secondary education. The son had been doing badly in school before during elementary and junior high. He was not diagnosed with ADHD after being assessed by an expert but was told he can go on a trial of medication to see if his performance improved. The parents refused to do that so they put him in a private school with small class sizes and he apparently "did well". Up to that is post secondary. He's doing some kind of physiotherapy course which he apparently loves but his grades are bad. He has no other problems at his part time work place and at home. Certainly not ADHD. But they feel there must be "something wrong" since he is doing what he loves yet not doing well.

Sigh. This is the ang moh westerner type of parenting lor.

Wah lau ...you go to Canada and bite the hands that feed you. Western parenting so bad?

But it is good for us Asians lah. Cos we don't buy this bullshit. You don't do well is because simply you don't put enough effort lah. Or you just not bright enough lah. Don't blame the biochemicals and all that crap.

You really should stay in sinkapore ...you are so like the PAP.

As long as they know that having made it in school is not going to set them up for life as what winnipegjets said about Charlie99's daughter if she was in Singapore.
It is not what I say that matters ...it is a fact of life in sinkapore. That's why JohnTan wants his son to be a president scholar.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes they study all these things but have you ever asked yourself why the crime rate is so high in the first place rather than pussyfooting around the root causes.

In the west crime is driven by drug addiction and drugs are freely available because the dealers and the manufacturers are not dealt the harsh punishment they deserve.

If they hanged the bastards the kids wouldn't have to study crime rates vs environmental factors because crime in the area would be a thing of the past.

If your theory is sound, then implementing death penalty for all crimes, even petty ones, will reduce crime to zero.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think when it comes to politics the guy who doesn't support the party you support is "dumb".

I am sure Trump's supporters would think those who don't support Trump are dumb. And vice versa for Hilary Clinton's supporters.

Ask winnipegjets and frenchbriefs. I am sure they will say I am dumb for supporting conservatives.

I think that's why we are implying with the word "dumb" and "daft". It is not literal.

I am very surprised and disappointed that you are so right-wing. I don't think well of right-wingers because all they focus on is themselves. They don't give a damn about others ...it is all about them. They want low taxes, so that they can keep everything. Never mind if everything around them collapses, as long as it doesn't affect him. Right-wingers don't give a damn about the next generation; they just pass the problems to them to fix.

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
So, you travel in and out of sinkapore with your foreign passport. No problem. They close an eye and you close yours too. They want to keep your CPF.

Of course.

ICA will no longer allow you to renew SG passport if you declared that you have another country's citizenship and passport. This is my personal experience, so take it with a pinch of salt if anyone tells you I heard it from so and so they allow you renew your passport if you declare.

Cheers

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Right. It's the $100k that is missing. Any sinkie who has got $100k will jump at migration to the west. But in the meantime since they don't have the $100k they have to stay and "fight".

What is "fight" to you? And how do you "fight from offshore"?

It will be interesting to see all these "fighters" "fighting from offshore" for the future of Singapore. Strange isn't it?

I don't think any sinkee should try to challenge the PAP from within unless he is prepared to lose it all. They should migrate and use their new home as a base to spread the truth on the PAP. Every little chip on the PAP counts.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal

I attempted to renew my SG passport in February 2016. Of course i declared that I do hold another country's citizenship and passport.

ICA refused to let me renew the SG passport, unless I renounce the other country's citizenship. So I told them no thank you, they can take the red IC and passport back.

So it's not true that ICA will close one eye(or two), and renew your passport when declared another country's citizenship. And, you tried to renew in Feb. 2016(8 months ago). No SG passport renewal, but still can retain SG citizenship.

Last edited:

chewed

Alfrescian
Loyal
So it's not true that ICA will close one eye(or two), and renew your passport when declared another country's citizenship. And, you tried to renew in Feb. 2016(8 months ago). No SG passport renewal, but still can retain SG citizenship.

Well, that is my personal experience, YMMV if you're related to the Lee's.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

1. How does ICA beomes aware that you have acquired the citizenship of another country?
2. Do you reside in Singapore?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course.

ICA will no longer allow you to renew SG passport if you declared that you have another country's citizenship and passport. This is my personal experience, so take it with a pinch of salt if anyone tells you I heard it from so and so they allow you renew your passport if you declare.

Cheers

People have told me that they don't declare. ICA knows that many have dual citizenship; they don't say, you don't say, everybody is happy. PAP gets to keep the CPF money.

That's why the PAP have rescinded the previous policy of making sinkees who have moved overseas permanently pay health insurance.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I wonder why PAP doesn't just take his SG citizenship away? Maybe PAP doesn't want to give him back his CPF money.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I am very surprised and disappointed that you are so right-wing. I don't think well of right-wingers because all they focus on is themselves. They don't give a damn about others ...it is all about them. They want low taxes, so that they can keep everything. Never mind if everything around them collapses, as long as it doesn't affect him. Right-wingers don't give a damn about the next generation; they just pass the problems to them to fix.

winnipegjets, I think you and frenchbriefs have to really rethink your obsession with right-wing vs left-wing. You are over generalizing.

I am surprised that as a so called person who is well versed in Canadian politics you are not familiar with socially progressive but fiscally conservative?

Not everyone is so stereotype as you categorize it.

If all I cared about is myself and low taxes and don't give a damn about my kids, I wouldn't have come to Canada.

You're the one who is clearly unhappy, frustrated, angry, and disappointed with life. And you're still living in right wing Singapore despite your self declared liberalist political outlook. Yet you suggest that "right wingers" should stay in "right wing countries". I'm living in Alberta, fiscally conservative, socially more progressive than Singapore. I'd say we are a little more centric than Singapore don't you think?

No point painting all these things as black or white and being miserable with life. At the end of the day for things to change you have to change. And I don't mean this from a selfish self centred sort of approach but more to highlight people who are armchair critics and complainers and the ones who actually go out and change their lives and other people's lives. The do-ers so to speak vs the kpkb sit behind computer sad people.

I'm happy. You're clearly not.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
winnipegjets, I think you and frenchbriefs have to really rethink your obsession with right-wing vs left-wing. You are over generalizing.
I am surprised that as a so called person who is well versed in Canadian politics you are not familiar with socially progressive but fiscally conservative?
Progressive conservativism doesn't exist anymore. Former Canadian PM Harper killed it. Even your Alberta PC party is going to change when Jason Kenny takes over. Look at Harper's rule ...there was NOTHING progressive in his policies. He didn't touch abortion at home but he attacked it by banning Canadian aid to foreign countries to be used for that procedure.

Not everyone is so stereotype as you categorize it.
Really ...the conservatives of yore are no longer around, replaced by extreme right conservatives. And they are evolving into alt-right.

If all I cared about is myself and low taxes and don't give a damn about my kids, I wouldn't have come to Canada.
Okay...since you don't get the drift, I correct myself. Conservatives care only about themselves and their families.

You're the one who is clearly unhappy, frustrated, angry, and disappointed with life. And you're still living in right wing Singapore despite your self declared liberalist political outlook. Yet you suggest that "right wingers" should stay in "right wing countries". I'm living in Alberta, fiscally conservative, socially more progressive than Singapore. I'd say we are a little more centric than Singapore don't you think?
Fiscally conservative my foot! It was living off tarsands revenue for years. Look at the Heritage Fund ...how little is in there. Compare that with the Norwegian Sovereign Fund which makes every Norwegian a millionaire. Conservatives are not fiscally responsible; they just past the buck to the next generation. If they are fiscally responsible, then they should slash the services to balance the books. They don't because it is political suicide.
Right-wingism is all about focusing oneself and damn everything else.

No point painting all these things as black or white and being miserable with life. At the end of the day for things to change you have to change. And I don't mean this from a selfish self centred sort of approach but more to highlight people who are armchair critics and complainers and the ones who actually go out and change their lives and other people's lives. The do-ers so to speak vs the kpkb sit behind computer sad people.
Why you assume that people who voice out here are just arm-chair critics?

I'm happy. You're clearly not.
You're happy because you are in a better country than SINKapore. Of course, I am not happy in SINKapore lah. Can you sponsor me to Canada?

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do not know other individuals here,
but I believe that the doctor in Alberta appears to be happy, content, working reasonably hard and enjoying life.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I do not know other individuals here,
but I believe that the doctor in Alberta appears to be happy, content, working reasonably hard and enjoying life.

Thank you Charlie99. Yes that would describe my family and I in Alberta.

There is no perfect place or system. But the important thing is we are happy. For a long time in Singapore we were UNHAPPY.

It has nothing to do with left wing right wing. Even if Singapore became left wing, the sinkies will still be unhappy and have all kinds of things to complain about.