• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dual Citizenship / NS Obligations / HDB Flats and Migration

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't try your luck to enter Spore if u are a NS defaulter..

Scroobal, could I ask what would happen if I ever stepped foot back into Singapore? I have a Canadian citizenship but I couldn't renounce Singapore citizenship because ICA replied Mindef would not allow me to, and would have to go back to face the music (3 year jail and/or $10K fine) before they let me renounce. I emigrated from Singapore at 17 with my family and did not serve NS. I am now over 40. My Canadian passport still says my Singaporean name.

Would ICA actually arrest me if I were to drop by just for a 2-week visit using my Canadian passport? My Canadian MP has advised me to stay away from Singapore until they change the law on NS defaulters.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Scroobal, could I ask what would happen if I ever stepped foot back into Singapore? I have a Canadian citizenship but I couldn't renounce Singapore citizenship because ICA replied Mindef would not allow me to, and would have to go back to face the music (3 year jail and/or $10K fine) before they let me renounce. I emigrated from Singapore at 17 with my family and did not serve NS. I am now over 40. My Canadian passport still says my Singaporean name.

Would ICA actually arrest me if I were to drop by just for a 2-week visit using my Canadian passport? My Canadian MP has advised me to stay away from Singapore until they change the law on NS defaulters.

The law is pretty clear on this. And there have been many precedents.

Also remember that every single Singaporean male will be out for your blood. They would want you jailed for life because you escaped NS while they did not.

The Singapore government is merely doing what the people want them to do that is fo after NS defaulters.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, you will be arrested. Even if you change your name, the primary keys are DOB and place of birth.

Best is to call or write to Mindef directly. There is a section that handles defaulters. Your age maybe be on your side. There is a cut-off which is not disclosed and I am not sure if that has changed. There have been others that has been fined only. As the courts mete out the sentence, Mindef is not in position to give you the exact sentence.

Those who are prepared to face the courts can make prior arrangements with Mindef for them to pick you up at their airport on arrival.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal, could I ask what would happen if I ever stepped foot back into Singapore?

Why on earth would you want to go back to Sinkieland?

There's a Chinese saying: A fine horse will never return to graze on its former pastures.

(Someone who knows how to type Chinese characters can help me out please?)

Below are statements by scroobal when he discussed the topic "This is what Shanmugam should have posted" (https://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233190-This-is-what-Shanmugam-should-have-posted), post #8:

Ask any child if they prefer to return to Singapore from these 1st World countries. The answer will be quick-fire no.

Take matters into your hand and carve out a future and it does not have to be in Singapore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not coming back for good. He probably wants to catch up with friends and relatives and see the development over the years. Not to mention the food.

Why on earth would you want to go back to Sinkieland?

There's a Chinese saying: A fine horse will never return to graze on its former pastures.

(Someone who knows how to type Chinese characters can help me out please?)

Below are statements by scroobal when he discussed the topic "This is what Shanmugam should have posted" (https://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?233190-This-is-what-Shanmugam-should-have-posted), post #8:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is not coming back for good. He probably wants to catch up with friends and relatives and see the development over the years. Not to mention the food.

The guy claimed to have quit Sinkieland at age 17. I assume that twenty years have passed since then.

He's very lucky that we've all kinds of social media and What-the-Fcuk apps to employ to catch up with friends and relatives. He can make use of those media.

So what does he intend to do after seeing the developments that have taken place over the years? Does he believe that he'll get a sense of satisfaction after comparing Sinkieland's state of development with that of his Canadian city?

As for the food, he has the option to go to JB or KL for the food that he missed in Sinkieland. JB's food offerings are quite similar to those in Sinkieland. It's sedap and cheaper and it's the reason Sinkies prefer to eat in JB whenever they've the opportunity to do so.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The guy claimed to have quit Sinkieland at age 17. I assume that twenty years have passed since then.

He's very lucky that we've all kinds of social media and What-the-Fcuk apps to employ to catch up with friends and relatives. He can make use of those media.

So what does he intend to do after seeing the developments that have taken place over the years? Does he believe that he'll get a sense of satisfaction after comparing Sinkieland's state of development with that of his Canadian city?

As for the food, he has the option to go to JB or KL for the food that he missed in Sinkieland. JB's food offerings are quite similar to those in Sinkieland. It's sedap and cheaper and it's the reason Sinkies prefer to eat in JB whenever they've the opportunity to do so.

Maybe his parents are ill and elderly and he wants to see them one last time.

The only thing left for most ex-Singaporeans in Singapore is the people they are close to.

At least that's the case for me. Otherwise. Fuck Singapore.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you miss sinkapore food, fly to Shanghai for pretty good sinkee food. Don't come back to sinkapore.

snowbird99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe his parents are ill and elderly and he wants to see them one last time.

The only thing left for most ex-Singaporeans in Singapore is the people they are close to.

At least that's the case for me. Otherwise. Fuck Singapore.

Not the parents. It's friends and relatives. There's not much left in Singapore except for the people. There's no way I'd go back there to live since I cannot stand the heat and humidity, plus the crowds. It would be for only social visit, especially once I'm retired.

Also it is not very practical to have to fly to KL, then take another transit to JB. But I guess I can do this if I really have to visit friends and relatives.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
It would be for only social visit, especially once I'm retired.

Also it is not very practical to have to fly to KL, then take another transit to JB. But I guess I can do this if I really have to visit friends and relatives.

So this discussion is moot....

By the time you retire and "really have to visit friends and relatives", the KL-S'pore High Speed Rail would be in operation...

And by that time, if you land in KL or any part of Malaysia, The Sinkie gabrament may have an arrangement with Malaysia to arrest NS defaulters and extradite them to Sinkieland.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
And by that time, if you land in KL or any part of Malaysia, The Sinkie gabrament may have an arrangement with Malaysia to arrest NS defaulters and extradite them to Sinkieland.

As I said Snowbird99, every Singaporean male in Singapore wants the blood of every NS defaulter. It is jealousy and anger and envy all rolled in one.

Don't blame the Singapore government. Every single policy PAP puts out is in the wishes of the Singapore people. Maid policy. NS policy. NS defaulter policy. COE. Foreign talent policy. Health care policy. Defense Policy. Housing policy. Monetary policy.

That is why the PAP gets 70% of the votes. It is a very popular government because it gives the people what they want. Don't be fooled by the very vocal 30% minority,

snowbird99

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I said Snowbird99, every Singaporean male in Singapore wants the blood of every NS defaulter. It is jealousy and anger and envy all rolled in one.

Don't blame the Singapore government. Every single policy PAP puts out is in the wishes of the Singapore people. Maid policy. NS policy. NS defaulter policy. COE. Foreign talent policy. Health care policy. Defense Policy. Housing policy. Monetary policy.

That is why the PAP gets 70% of the votes. It is a very popular government because it gives the people what they want. Don't be fooled by the very vocal 30% minority,

Come on... you have to give the PAP credit when it's due. They have done an excellent job at brain washing and scaring the populace by suing and jailing those who do not conform. In addition they introduced fancy election tools such as GRC to bring generals in by the backdoor. All at the same time convincing everyone that they are worth the salaries they are collecting. That is a feat that is very difficult to attain. Great job PAP!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Come on... you have to give the PAP credit when it's due. They have done an excellent job at brain washing and scaring the populace by suing and jailing those who do not conform. In addition they introduced fancy election tools such as GRC to bring generals in by the backdoor. All at the same time convincing everyone that they are worth the salaries they are collecting. That is a feat that is very difficult to attain. Great job PAP!

Exactly! But I think it is a bit of both. PAP credit due to them. Singaporeans for being dumb credit to them too.

I did not decide to migrate because of the PAP. That is a silly reason. I decided to migrate because Singapore is a just a tiny dot. Big is always better. Bigger house more room. Bigger car more space. Bigger ship more stable.

I was convinced enough that I would give up a lucrative career as a doctor in Singapore to move to Canada in my late 30s to be a general laborer for the long term future of my children. I'm not sure what made you migrate when you were 17 though.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every single policy PAP puts out is in the wishes of the Singapore people. Maid policy. NS policy. NS defaulter policy. COE. Foreign talent policy. Health care policy. Defense Policy. Housing policy. Monetary policy.

The above is new to me.

Please explain how and why the following policies implemented by PAP are in line with the wishes of Sinkies:

- costs of owning a 99-year lease HDB flat have been on the rise
- age of withdrawal of CPF funds has been raised
- CPF's minimum sum is being raised every few years
- compulsory MediShield Life for Sinkies, be they in the country or outside of it

snowbird99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly! But I think it is a bit of both. PAP credit due to them. Singaporeans for being dumb credit to them too.

I did not decide to migrate because of the PAP. That is a silly reason. I decided to migrate because Singapore is a just a tiny dot. Big is always better. Bigger house more room. Bigger car more space. Bigger ship more stable.

I was convinced enough that I would give up a lucrative career as a doctor in Singapore to move to Canada in my late 30s to be a general laborer for the long term future of my children. I'm not sure what made you migrate when you were 17 though.

Well, at 17 I couldn't possibly have left on my own. I followed wherever my parents decided to move to... most likely for the future of their kids. That's how we landed in Canada too.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
The above is new to me.

Please explain how and why the following policies implemented by PAP are in line with the wishes of Sinkies:

- costs of owning a 99-year lease HDB flat have been on the rise
- age of withdrawal of CPF funds has been raised
- CPF's minimum sum is being raised every few years
- compulsory MediShield Life for Sinkies, be they in the country or outside of it

See Election results in Singapore.

Me Canadian cannot explain lah. Ask the Singaporeans how and why. They are the ones that tell the world this.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That job is mostly accomplished by the Straits Times! The locals got nothing else to turn to for information, and get fed the news the authorities want them to listen. And they believe it!!! The PAP's work is rather simple, with a populace as pliant as the citizens of Peesai, they agree that everything the gahmen does is good for them - including the banning of chewing gum and firecrackers! Now look at how the citizens of Peesai yield to the concept of the Car-lite society! Which other government dares to propose this to their communities? They'll get kicked out of parliament the very next election, but in Peesai, the peoples subserviently comply!

Cheers!

Come on... you have to give the PAP credit when it's due. They have done an excellent job ..................... Great job PAP!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well the smart ones left or have acquired citizenship in a foreign country. And good for them. Here are some who have taken advantage of Singapore and its system.

Here is an example of smart guy. Singapore haematologist and lecturer with NUH/NUS in the 1980s noticed the perks given to expat ang mo academics. He took took decisive action. He and his wife migrated to Sydney spent 2 years in St Vincent's Hospital and acquired OZ citizenship ( in those days you only required 2 years PR). He came back to NUH got expat package including housing. He still has his house in Sydney.

He is not the only one. You acquired Canadian citizenship and now back in Singapore under employment pass. So many have since done the same. Know a guy in GE who was an ex Singaporean served his NS and left for OZ as well. Years later offered a regional job with GE and he asked to be based in Singapore for the low taxes. Every Friday night he flies home to Perth to be with his family. He returns on Monday back to work. When taxes are at 17%, you might as well work the system. He too is provided with housing allowance. Sant Singh, well respected criminal lawyer and Senior Counsel lives in Perth, prepares for his case back in Perth and attends trials in Singapore.

Its all about options.

That job is mostly accomplished by the Straits Times! The locals got nothing else to turn to for information, and get fed the news the authorities want them to listen. And they believe it!!! The PAP's work is rather simple, with a populace as pliant as the citizens of Peesai, they agree that everything the gahmen does is good for them - including the banning of chewing gum and firecrackers! Now look at how the citizens of Peesai yield to the concept of the Car-lite society! Which other government dares to propose this to their communities? They'll get kicked out of parliament the very next election, but in Peesai, the peoples subserviently comply!

Cheers!

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me Canadian cannot explain lah. Ask the Singaporeans how and why. They are the ones that tell the world this.
You're weird. If you can't explain what you'd written, why did you write them in the first place as though you were an authority on them?