• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING NEWS: S'poreans Tell Garment To Get STUFFED.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incredible. Surprise even that they even dare publish such a story.

8 in 10 S'poreans will not ask or go to Garment for help.

I think they do not trust the 'help'. Maybe too tulan to talk with the glassluts porlumpars. Can't blame them.

Anyway it s a good sign. Garment see it as "S'poreans More Self-Reliant".

Others, see it as people don't trust Garment or too tulan with them.

What are your views?

Question that should be raised but never raised is "Is The Help Sincere? Or Is It Just A Spin For The World At Large?

S'poreans more self-reliant
Mon, May 04, 2009
The Straits Times

by Sue-Ann Chia, Senior Political Correspondent

SINGAPORE residents are tougher and more self-reliant than is believed by many.

A survey by a think-tank has found that eight in 10 locals prefer to rely on themselves than on the Government in these bad times.

The finding surprised the Institute of Policy Studies (IPS), which carried out the survey three months ago. Said IPS senior research fellow Gillian Koh: 'I expected more people would want government help due to the public discourse in the last few years about the growing entitlement mentality among Singaporeans.'

Read the full story in Monday's edition of The Straits Times.

For more The Straits Times stories, click here.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a SPIN ! ST use to critise singaporean is too pampered , too reliant ..

hahaha , now Singaporean is resilient !!!!!!!

I just cannot trust ST any more !

papa san

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a SPIN ! ST use to critise singaporean is too pampered , too reliant ..

hahaha , now Singaporean is resilient !!!!!!!

I just cannot trust ST any more !

HMmm..... a half-filled cup can always be interpreted in 2 ways:

Half-filled or Half-Empty.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe Singaporeans knew that they won't get any help even if they were to go to the govt? Maybe they know that they will get screwed if they go ask them for help?

Most likely question.

"You have cheebye, arsehole and luncheuow right? Why you never try selling that before you come here and waste my porlumpars' time."