• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'Pimp told me girl was over 18'

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,200453,00.html?

Man claims he was told prostitute old enough for commercial sex
By Arul John

April 30, 2009

NP_IMAGES_AJAGE.jpg

AWARE: Rodney Sim said he knew about the law regarding paid sex with a person aged below 18. ST FILE PICTURE

HE CLAIMED he asked the prostitute and her pimp if she was 18 - the legal age to offer sex for money.

Rodney Sim Hang Nge, 61, told the court yesterday that the pimp and the girl confirmed that.

He asked the pimp that question as he was aware it was a crime to engage in paid sex with a person under the age of 18.

The law came into effect in February last year.

Sim, a senior accountant and father of two, told District Judge Jeffrey Sim: 'That question (about her age) is as sure as the sun rises in the east because it was only two sentences in Mandarin.'

But the pimp, Wang Minjiang, 37, said he told Sim that the girl was only 17.

On 15 Dec last year, Sim pleaded guilty to having sex with the girl twice - 3 Aug and 5 Aug last year - when she was only 16 years old.

We are not identifying her as she is a minor.

Sim's lawyer, Mr Shashi Nathan, had already prepared and submitted his client's mitigation plea and he was supposed to be sentenced yesterday.

But there was a dispute over some facts in the mitigation plea, including that concerning Sim's queries about the prostitute's age, and a Newton hearing was held yesterday instead. This is a hearing held to resolve disputed points in a case and ascertain the correct basis for sentencing.

Wang was earlier sentenced to a year's jail for arranging the girl to have sex with Sim and another man, Tan Chye Hin.

Wang, who was brought in as a witness, said that at about 7pm on 3 Aug last year, he, the girl and another woman were at a coffee shop in Geylang when they met Sim there.

When Sim then asked their ages, Wang said he told him the girl was 17 and the woman was 19, which he claimed were the ages indicated on their passports.

He denied telling Sim that the girl was over 18.

But Sim said he asked Wang in Mandarin if he knew about the law prohibiting any girl below 18 from 'working' (a slang for prostitution).

He said: 'He told me 'Don't worry. I know Singapore law and my girl is above 18.'

No passport with her

While on the way to a hotel in Joo Chiat that day, Sim asked the girl if she had her passport with her. The girl said 'no'.

He then asked her how old she was. She told him she was 18. He said he considered Wang's assurance as well as the girl's word that she was 18 to be important facts.

Sim said: 'All my life, I'm a law-abiding citizen and it is my duty... to ensure that I don't do anything against the law.'

The hearing was adjourned to 24 Jun.

For having paid sex with a girl under 18, Sim could be fined, jailed up to seven years, or face both punishments.

Last December, Tan was sentenced to a year's jail. On appeal, his jail term was reduced to nine months on 20 Feb.

Some of Sim's family members who attended the hearing declined to speak to The New Paper.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,200452,00.html?

Took girls to embassy
April 30, 2009

ACCORDING to court papers, Wang and an accomplice brought the girl and the other prostitute to Singapore from China last year.

On 3 Aug, Sim paid the girl $100 after having sex and gave her his telephone number. He got Wang's telephone number from her too.

Two days later, Sim called Wang and asked to speak to the girl. He told the girl he wanted to meet her in Geylang and she agreed.

At about 3pm that day, Sim met her in Geylang. They had sex in a hotel nearby.

After checking out, he bought the girl a pre-paid SIM card and some fruits. He also paid her $30 for the sexual services.

On the way back to Geylang, the girl asked him to take her and the other prostitute to the Chinese Embassy here as Wang and his accomplice had their passports and told them that they had to work as prostitutes here until their passes expired.

After that, she said they would be taken to Malaysia to work as prostitutes before returning to Singapore.

Sim agreed to help. On 6 Aug, he took the two girls to the embassy but was told by the security staff to make a police report.

He took them to a police post in Geylang Bahru area and left them there.

They made police reports and Wang was arrested the same day.

Investigating officer Vince Yeo said yesterday that the two girls were sent back to China on 15 Jan.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The authorities really don't know or pretended not to know that China FTs most has false passports which never tells the real names and the age of the passport holders.

The accountant cannot blame anybody, he can only blame himself for the lust of young flesh. 61 versus 18.

Grandpa mates with grand daughter lol :biggrin:

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,200453,00.html?

Man claims he was told prostitute old enough for commercial sex
By Arul John

April 30, 2009

NP_IMAGES_AJAGE.jpg

AWARE: Rodney Sim said he knew about the law regarding paid sex with a person aged below 18. ST FILE PICTURE

HE CLAIMED he asked the prostitute and her pimp if she was 18 - the legal age to offer sex for money.

Rodney Sim Hang Nge, 61, told the court yesterday that the pimp and the girl confirmed that.............
No passport with her

While on the way to a hotel in Joo Chiat that day, Sim asked the girl if she had her passport with her. The girl said 'no'.

He then asked her how old she was. She told him she was 18. He said he considered Wang's assurance as well as the girl's word that she was 18 to be important facts.

Some of Sim's family members who attended the hearing declined to speak to The New Paper.