• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Getting tattoos

hallehluya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wonder if anyone can give any recommendations for good tattoo artists around that is reputable and has a clean workshop.

I'm not a tattoo fanatic, just hoping to put some letters on shoulders or possibly back. I know there are risks, that is why I hope someone can provide some recommendations to possibly reduce the risk as much as possible.

Thank you.

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro can go to far east plaza look see look see lah, there are so many around nowadays, too bad my artist no more tattooing, if not can intro you.:wink:

hallehluya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I saw quite a few shops at Far East. But hard to just stroll in and look see what. The people in there also will look see you. Not that I'm stereotyping la, but those people are more intimidating than normal folks out on the streets mah. That's why need some brothers here to recommend a good, reliable, and maybe friendly tattoo artist for a first-timer like me.

I don't actually have any good friends who have tattoos. Those that do, I'm not really close with them. Also paiseh go talk to them and first question is ask 'Hey got any good tattoo artists recommend not?' That's weird la

Well, I'm still hoping someone could help me out. :wink:

ePoet

Hey there...

I just got my first tattoo about 5 months ago... at a place called Johnny Two Thumbs at Far East. Place has been around for eons (I first heard it mentioned over 10 years ago).

No offence meant to anyone, but I also read the TS saying that he wants to tattoo some letters. I hope it is not someone's name. There are beliefs and superstitions around that this bodes bad luck.

But getting tattoos can be pretty addictive. Am already planning for my next one. =)

hallehluya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Care to share the source where you found out about this myth? Actually I am intending to tattoo a person's name, not the full name though. The person's name has a [zi3] in it. And the person's favourite colour is purple, so I was thinking of tattoing the chinese word [Purple] on my back. It's only 1 chinese letter, do you think that it will still be bad luck or something?

Anyway, where did you have your tattoo on your body? I'm intending to put it on my back and I read somewhere that it's pretty painful because there isn't much fats around the back to cushion the needle going in.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone have any experiences to share?

If you haven't got a tattoo, for goodness sake don't get one. Half the people I know who had a tattoo sometime in their lives spent big money getting rid of the damned thing.

Tattoos are a fashion statement. The trouble is fashions change while the tattoo remains the same.

Imagine yourself at 70 with some stupid tattoo you thought looked really cool when you were 25.:p

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you haven't got a tattoo, for goodness sake don't get one. Half the people I know who had a tattoo sometime in their lives spent big money getting rid of the damned thing.

Tattoos are a fashion statement. The trouble is fashions change while the tattoo remains the same.

Imagine yourself at 70 with some stupid tattoo you thought looked really cool when you were 25.:p

What boss say is also very true lah, i do have some tattoos that i intend to cover up with other tattoos.. hahaha

if you want to tattoo, please don't regret it cos getting it of it cost quite a bit too. :biggrin:

ePoet

Bro Hallehluya,

The myth was explained to me by the tattooist himself when he was doing my tattoo... :p My tattoo is on my back... most of it was ok, until he hit my shoulder blades. THAT brought tears to my eyes... :rolleyes: Feedback from my friends concurs: tattooing is infinitely more painful when the needle is vibrating against bone, or when the skin is at its thinnest. So if your pain threshold is relatively low, stay clear of the shoulder blade, rib, pelvic bone areas, as well as "thin-skinned" areas such as wrists, back of knees, neck etc.

Boss Sam, I do agree somewhat with you... having said that, I tattooed a design which I found on the net which is pretty unique yet not specific to any particular event or person in my life. It remains to be seen if 40 years down the road I will regret having a tattoo, but right now, things are hunky-dory :smile:

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
just do things that don't change lor... tattoo your name... etc..etc....

after 40 years, if your name change, then nothing to say lah

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal

Get the stick-on types, hehehe.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont tatoo as the chemical dyes will mix with the genes and cause human cells to grow into cancer cells that spread into the entire body and die a painfull death.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just wonder if anyone can give any recommendations for good tattoo artists around that is reputable and has a clean workshop.

I'm not a tattoo fanatic, just hoping to put some letters on shoulders or possibly back. I know there are risks, that is why I hope someone can provide some recommendations to possibly reduce the risk as much as possible.

Thank you.

Forget about tattoos, the person you value should come from within you.

:cool::cool:

adv0cate

Alfrescian
Loyal
mention of Johnny Two Thumb, and everybody will know where the shop is. It had being in SG super duper long. But they are also the most expensive ones...

But their price justify their skill and reputation. U won't want a novice to tattoo on your body right?

the thing with tattoo is it look OK if u grow fatter as you age. IF not, everything will become a patch of big lumpy mole, which nobody else can figure out what the hell u tattoo b4.

terror03

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's true like wat the boss say, tattoo is a permanent thing. Don't do it for the sake of fun, think carefully before u decide whether want to do it or not.
For me, my 1st & 3rd tattoo is frm Johnny 2 Thumbs located at Far East.

tima81

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thank you.

DONT WASTE YOUR $$ ON it bro. I had a done a palm size tatoo on my chest 6 years ago and now i had to wear a singlet under my shirt whenever i am meeting my client. It may sound cool to have one but you will regret it sooner or later unless you are prepare to have a blue collar job for the rest of the life!

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
how about this??

tattoo_fail_big_image.jpg

Just wonder if anyone can give any recommendations