• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ping Pongers glum during victory parade

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffee Shop Talk - Ping Pongers glum during victory parade</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">Fuyuan Ai (kTuLu5) <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Aug-26 7:10 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 20) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>577.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>In the 1st place, why do silver medalists need a victory parade? What about Michael Phelps then? Carve his face onto Mt. Rushmore?
As we've already seen during the Olympics and demonstrated again during the parade, only Feng Tian Wei gives a damn. Even though she is FT, I wish her well.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#000000 colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" bgColor=#000000 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>WHY SO GLUM? </TD></TR><TR><TD>They've attained Singapore's greatest sporting achievement in 48 years.You wouldn't have guessed that from their expressions</TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>By Lim Say Heng</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12w>August 27, 2008</TD><TD width=30> </TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD width=30>
emailicon.gif
</TD><TD width=40> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=font12w></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 height=0>
5.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=rightline vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=font12 vAlign=top align=left>LET'S just put the bad things aside and celebrate the silver medal moment for now.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=150 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
NP_IMAGES_LSTABLE26-DFJt.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]SMILE, PLEASE! The Singapore table tennis team appear to have left their happiness in Beijing. <!--<COPYRIGHT>--><!--</COPYRIGHT>-->[/SIZE][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>That was the message that Team Singapore officials and players had for the media yesterday.
But apparently no one told the table tennis team.
From the moment they walked through the arrival gates of Changi Airport Terminal 3 at 3.21pm, the paddlers were mostly glum as they went on a three-hour victory parade around eastern and central Singapore.
Even the sight of schoolgirls shrieking Li Jiawei's name failed to elicit anything more than a weak smile from the world No. 6 at the airport.
It was clear that matters in the past week were still troubling the team as they boarded the open-top bus for the victory parade.
Gao Ning and Yang Zi sat quietly on their own at the front of the upper deck as the women players waved feebly to the adoring crowd.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=150 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>
NP_IMAGES_LSTABLE26-2ZYt.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]NOT A HAPPY RIDE: Again, there was hardly a smile on the bus journey. <!--<COPYRIGHT>-->TNP PICTURES: GAVIN FOO, DAVID TAN <!--</COPYRIGHT>-->[/SIZE][/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Wang Yuegu, Li and Singapore Table Tennis Association (STTA) president Lee Bee Wah stood in the centre, while Feng Tianwei, team manager Antony Lee and head coach Liu Guodong stood nearer to the rear.
There was hardly any interaction between the three groups as the bus started its one-hour journey through Chai Chee, City Hall and Orchard areas.
TNP photographer Gavin Foo was on the same bus as the team, and noted that the atmosphere was muted and the players seemed distracted.
Li spent most of her time chatting on the phone or sending text messages, while Wang - to her defence - was not feeling well.
Of the three, only Feng looked genuinely appreciative of the support of the 1,000-odd supporters gathered at various locations.
The 21-year-old smiled brightly at the crowd at the airport, and even threw her soft toy and garland to the screaming fans, prompting others to take her lead.
Support
NP_IMAGES_LSTABLE26-1B4t.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>'I am very excited and very touched by the crowd,' she said.
'I am very thankful that everyone has shown us so much support.'
In contrast, the sailors - who took the same flight and were on the second bus - were relaxed and jovial, even though they won nothing at the Games.
When asked about the controversy at the welcome ceremony at Raffles City, the reply was standard issue - let's not talk about this now and bask in Singapore's moment of Olympic glory.
But Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports Vivian Balakrishnan vowed to get to the bottom of the matter.
'Today is the day to celebrate, tomorrow I want everyone to rest and in due time...after all the facts have emerged, we can then decide how best to do this,' he said at the sidelines of the welcome ceremony.
He added: 'I'm very concerned with the way it seems to be spinning out of control because I don't want a situation where people say things or do things which destroy relationships and partnerships which we need in order to keep Team Singapore intact.
'I will give the people of Singapore my personal assurance that I would look into all the issues that come up.'
We can only keep our fingers crossed.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgtxt>The PRC $luts are glum cos saved the wayang party at the airport, nobody on the streets gave them a hoot lah!
TV2008082522014300.jpg

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To the FT, it is just another job without any patrotic feel to the country. Do a good job and get bonus. That is all.

If the silver medalists is a in-born Singapore, just like what Thailand has. Smile and joy with full patrotism will be there. That is what olympic is all about, Money cannot buy everything. Well, sinkified ministers dun understand at all.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
They know very well they are just go thru the motion. Frankly, who gives a hoot about their victory. All are just eager about the whole fiasco.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes,maybe they been asked to donate some to the table tennis association.
but i think those saga reports have taken a toll on them.

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya, they all very gan cheong and want to go shopping and spend their winnings mah, why waste time doing bus parade?
maybe jiawei calling LV to order the latest collection :biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think they have some dispute as to how to distribute the prize $$ lah..:biggrin:

Money not in the bank yet mah.. how to smile?

Try another parade after money's in... guarantee happy like fxxk! Or this ..:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgtxt>The PRC $luts are glum cos saved the wayang party at the airport, nobody on the streets gave them a hoot lah!
TV2008082522014300.jpg

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Can we do a 'Hum burger' with them? ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup too many foreigners in Spore to give them a hoot! Also, Sporeans know they are MERCENARIES anyway. They will be gone with the hard cash earned here, so who cares!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More ugly inside news will prevail like in NKF and Ren Ci case. Just that no many know there is politic in STT like the offic politic.

Wobble

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun worry....Bala sure can get into the skirts of this affair....

err.......I mean bottom of this affair

bottom of this incident i mean

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
just wondering why ministar r doing tiz kind of stuff.......aren't there anybody else who can handle it.....itz not like a national crisis here......

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to smailes when you are being paraded like criminals being caged up ?

Same way as those criminals in those chinese dynasty's movies where criminals were paraded to their execution ground !

Hey......same ending for too leh. What spooky co-incidence :biggrin:.

visitor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Singapore ping-pong team gets the SILVER medal.

Beating which team?

USA then Nigeria and lastly Korea (marginally). Only Korea is known to play ping pong.