• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jackie Chan: Singaporeans have no self-respect

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20090423-137128.html

Thu, Apr 23, 2009
AsiaOne

20090423.202757_jackiechan.jpg

Action star Jackie Chan did not only offend the Chinese living in Hong Kong and Taiwan, his "speech of freedom" that drew widespread ire recently also spoke badly about Singaporeans.

He had apparently said that Singaporeans have no sense of self-respect.

Chan, who spoke last Saturday at the Boao Forum for Asia, said that the Chinese have to be controlled or society would be "chaotic" like that of Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Local Chinese evening daily Shin Min Daily News reported that in the action star's speech, Singaporeans too, were not spared.

During the forum's question and answer session, Chan said in his reply to a question from the media, "When I go to Singapore, I realize that chewing gum is not allowed there. Why is this so?

"I found out later that if (Singaporeans) chew gum, they will dispose of the used gum on tabletops, on chairs, and (they) have no sense of self-respect."

According to the Shin Min report, he also pointed out that unlike the Americans and the Japanese, "they" do not have that sense of self-respect. And when this is lacking, the government will have to step in.

Should one be sensitive, the action star's words might be interpreted as him saying that Singaporeans are not as orderly as the Americans or the Japanese. Compared to the people in these two countries, Singaporeans thus have less self-respect and in turn, are not allowed to chew gum.

This was not Chan's only comment about Singapore in his speech. The actor also spoke about the country's laws.

"When you reach Singapore, you must obey its laws, if you are caught littering, you will go to jail right away."

These words, according to the Shin Min report, seem to have exaggerated the severity of Singapore's penal code.

Shin Min spoke to members of the public, who thought that Jackie Chan did not have an in-depth understanding of Singapore's law and culture, and should thus not make such sweeping comments about the country and its people.

Miss Wang, 29, told Shin Min, "He is not a political figure, and should not make comments that are political in nature. The problem about chewing gum being inappropriately disposed of is not confined to Singapore alone, and he should not single out one country in his comments.

Real estate agent, Mr Lim, 30, said, "I think that he had gone a little overboard in his comments about Singapore."

The actor's close friend and publicist however, told Shin Min that Chan's words were misunderstood. "Every time Jackie visits Singapore, he will speak about how nice and clean the country is. He speaks very quickly, and because of this, people might interpret his words in a different way."

motormafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
He want to join politics?

Taiwanese famous singer 余天 became MP in Taiwan.

May be Jackie Chan want to be Kung Fu MP in parliament?

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/090423/78/1iay8.html

豬哥亮賣家電 燦坤搶頭采 熬2天2夜 搞笑功力一流
自由 更新日期:"2009/04/23 04:09"

記者邱燕玲、劉衛莉、林淑娟/台北報導

「秀場天王」豬哥亮復出演藝圈終於踏出第一步,他的好友、民進黨立委余天及李亞萍夫婦昨天證實,豬哥亮上週已經完成燦坤3C的家電廣告拍攝,豬哥亮還跟他們稱讚廣告才子范可欽果然非常有才華,拍起來的感覺連他都覺得「很棒」,和10多年前他拍廣告感覺「很不一樣」﹗

上週六日趕拍 面對鏡頭超自然

民進黨立委余天昨天對本報記者表示,日前范可欽致電告訴他說,豬哥亮復出後的第一支作品上週已經完成拍攝,是為燦坤代言的廣告,並以多種造型出現,看到拍攝的成果,豬哥亮感到非常滿意。

據可靠消息來源透露,豬哥亮於上週六在林口鴻臣片廠,拍了2天2夜,通宵熬夜非常辛苦。雖然這麼多年沒有在幕前表演,但他一面對鏡頭神色自若,展現了寶刀未老的功力,還一邊拍攝一邊發揮搞笑專長,逗得在場所有人開心大笑,一致認為他復出演藝圈絕對沒有問題。

豬哥亮演技好 變身不同行業

豬哥亮狀態極佳,也非常配合,對廣告中的要求都能做到,但他本人沒有額外要求,唯獨希望拍攝工作、時間要保密,不要讓媒體知道。在廣告中他做了多款造型,據悉就是要扮演不同行業的人,大家看了他的演技,都誇「演得太好了,沒話說」。

昨余天在民進黨團聲援與李慶華起衝突的立委邱議瑩,記者會開完後,記者詢問他最近有沒有豬哥亮的消息,余天回說「有啊,范可欽打給我說,豬哥亮的廣告已經拍好了」。余天表示,他不知廣告裡豬哥亮的多種造型有哪些,但他對豬哥亮完成復出後的首支廣告片很開心,他並對范可欽說,之後若要宣傳,再看看怎麼幫忙。

范可欽態度低調 燦坤不回應

也許是簽有保密協定,負責廣告策劃拍攝的范可欽,昨天態度非常低調,表示不會回應此事,對於余天透露是他告知的,他則推說:「應該是余大哥誤會了吧﹗」燦坤3C公司上下也口徑一致,不回應此事,神秘兮兮表示「不知道,無法回答。」

至於李亞萍則坦承,范可欽為了讓他們放心,先前就跟他們說已聯絡上豬哥亮,上週拍好廣告後也來電告知,豬哥亮本人,在拍攝期間也親自打電話來致謝,說拍得很順利,電話中還一直稱讚范可欽不愧是才子,非常有才華,李亞萍說,豬哥亮因為10多年沒接觸媒體,這次拍完後,似乎覺得很新鮮,笑說和以前拍廣告的感覺果然很不一樣。

豬哥亮很滿意 力讚很不一樣

據悉,這支全新廣告費時兩天,豬哥亮在廣告中有多款造型,豬哥亮覺得「很棒」,和10多年前他拍廣告感覺「很不一樣」﹗連李亞萍都說,很期待看到豬哥亮被范可欽改造後的模樣,也希望他的復出之路,可以從這支廣告開始順利進行。

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am sure the chewing gum plague the west too, also on some japanese place.

but the only difference, the gov willing to pay to get rid of the gums on the street, but pap not willing to pay for the cost to remove it, but prefer to put in their big fat pocket.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Jackie Chan: Singaporeans have no self-respect]

i completely disagree with him on this.

sinkies have too much respect for themselves that they dun have respect for other nationalities...

like PRCs, Indians...etc..

sinkies only respect angmos who are even not related in any way of race or ancestory.....dunno why?

angmo tua kee? lol..

CNY_OX09

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is simply nothing to do or maybe need some exposure.
attacking almost all those chinese's populate countries.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Hongkee said "A cow even you bring it to peking is still a cow" this jerk puke rubbish again.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is simply nothing to do or maybe need some exposure.
attacking almost all those chinese's populate countries.

So far he DIDN'T attack Chinese living in China, so it seems he is pro-China and all those Chinese populated lands outside China are to him, rubbish.

He should say some things about those rubbish Chinese in Macau too. Probably he is afraid of doing it, for fear of being killed or something.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Echoes my point that Chinese are barbarians in terms of social and domestic that do not reflect their profound and refined civilization, that the Westerners, Japs and even gooks (Koreans) distrust and despise.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20090423-137128.html

Thu, Apr 23, 2009
AsiaOne

20090423.202757_jackiechan.jpg

Action star Jackie Chan did not only offend the Chinese living in Hong Kong and Taiwan, his "speech of freedom" that drew widespread ire recently also spoke badly about Singaporeans.

He had apparently said that Singaporeans have no sense of self-respect.

Chan, who spoke last Saturday at the Boao Forum for Asia, said that the Chinese have to be controlled or society would be "chaotic" like that of Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Local Chinese evening daily Shin Min Daily News reported that in the action star's speech, Singaporeans too, were not spared.

During the forum's question and answer session, Chan said in his reply to a question from the media, "When I go to Singapore, I realize that chewing gum is not allowed there. Why is this so?

"I found out later that if (Singaporeans) chew gum, they will dispose of the used gum on tabletops, on chairs, and (they) have no sense of self-respect."

According to the Shin Min report, he also pointed out that unlike the Americans and the Japanese, "they" do not have that sense of self-respect. And when this is lacking, the government will have to step in.

Should one be sensitive, the action star's words might be interpreted as him saying that Singaporeans are not as orderly as the Americans or the Japanese. Compared to the people in these two countries, Singaporeans thus have less self-respect and in turn, are not allowed to chew gum.

This was not Chan's only comment about Singapore in his speech. The actor also spoke about the country's laws.

"When you reach Singapore, you must obey its laws, if you are caught littering, you will go to jail right away."

These words, according to the Shin Min report, seem to have exaggerated the severity of Singapore's penal code.

Shin Min spoke to members of the public, who thought that Jackie Chan did not have an in-depth understanding of Singapore's law and culture, and should thus not make such sweeping comments about the country and its people.

Miss Wang, 29, told Shin Min, "He is not a political figure, and should not make comments that are political in nature. The problem about chewing gum being inappropriately disposed of is not confined to Singapore alone, and he should not single out one country in his comments.

Real estate agent, Mr Lim, 30, said, "I think that he had gone a little overboard in his comments about Singapore."

The actor's close friend and publicist however, told Shin Min that Chan's words were misunderstood. "Every time Jackie visits Singapore, he will speak about how nice and clean the country is. He speaks very quickly, and because of this, people might interpret his words in a different way."

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ok what he said is true to a certain extend. Sad but is the truth!

Tell me this type of actions respresents self respect or not?

- littering, despite dustbin just a few metres away
- urine in lift/inside MRT trains
- spit in public places, on the floor
- chop place with tissue paper
- drive merz but take free textbooks
- rushing for seats with elderly and pregnant (and can still kwai lan in some forum and say old people deserve to die and woman ask to be f**ked)
- cursed people despite people suffering and died from cancer
- tease someone who kanna whole body burn by fire
- ... the list goes on...

These people got self respect? Lan cheow understand?

:mad::mad:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Mailbox/Story/A1Story20090507-139883.html

Thu, May 07, 2009
my paper

20090427.065412_jackiechan2.jpg

Jackie Chan is wrong - S'poreans don't need to be controlled

I REFER to recent reports about action-movie superstar Jackie Chan slamming Singaporeans.

At a business conference last month, he reportedly said that Chinese nationals have to be "controlled". He used Singapore to illustrate his point, saying that "when you don't have self-respect, the government will have to control you".

I disagree with his opinions.

The laws of a country are not meant to control people, but rather to guide them towards the right path. Singapore's laws are not an exception in this respect.

In any country, there is bound to be some people who are ungracious or, worse, violate the law. The recent violence in the United States and Japan involving guns clearly shows that chaotic disorder also exists in these highly liberal and democratic societies.

Hence, it is wrong for Chan to pinpoint Singaporeans for lacking "self-respect".

Generally, many Singaporeans possess virtues and moral values. We are a people who behave with dignity.

I hope that Chan will be more sensitive to the feelings of others. He should spend more time in Singapore to re-examine his views.

Mr Teo Kueh Liang

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah chan veri rich now, can talk cok liao !

ask him to join PAP and contest Potong pasir.

no GCE o level, no degree ? nevermind, got money every thing can in singapore.

ah chan wants attention, he can have it in singapore.

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
He not only offended S'poreans, he also offended the Taiwanese & Hongkees too. I heard Hong Kong is considering removing his 'Tourism' representative title soon.

For a well known figure like him to make such comment, he TOO showed that he has NO self-respect for himself. Super Idiot!!!!

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's absolutely right. Let's compare to the Japs:

Japan: people don't litter. if there's no dustbin they keep their rubbish till they reach home
Sinkee: throw anywhere even if there's dustbin nearby. My void deck is best example. Can become a dirty slum in one day.

Japs: Hire local and do everything to promote local products and talent
Sinkee: do anything to save costs/look international and hire foreigners

Japs: Like all first world cuntries, can protest and demonstrate
Sinkee: Never fight for basic rights and get fucked by PAP

Japs: Dun need foreigners to tell them they're good/right
Sinkee: always asking for foreigners' approval for everything and go by foreign standards

Jap whores: only serve Japs
Sinkee whores: even normal girls whore themselves to white dicks for free!

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jackie should go back to school and learn more in history..socio politics...
He ,,to me has probably a primary school education
so Jackie..learn more before open your mouth....if not Jackie will appear more comical than his acting role in Holeewood!!!!!!!!!!!!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
[Jackie Chan: Singaporeans have no self-respect]

i completely disagree with him on this.

sinkies have too much respect for themselves that they dun have respect for other nationalities...

like PRCs, Indians...etc..

sinkies only respect angmos who are even not related in any way of race or ancestory.....dunno why?

angmo tua kee? lol..

many singaporeans are pinkerton, worship all the weak western culture

thats why we are doomed, looking at the new generation, dont know anything, dont want to work hard and still attitude

watch too much hollywood and brainwashed by western media

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jap whores: only serve Japs
Sinkee whores: even normal girls whore themselves to white dicks for free!

Jap whores DO serve gaijin ..... me have ever tried nihonjin pussy at Shinjukai :p ...... very expensive experience at USD $300/= per pop (and that pricing was almost 20 years ago).

Agree wholly on the Sinkee whores part :biggrin: ........ they are world famous for lelong pussies :p