• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's the Point of this Story?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To remind the Old Fart to given her a PBM or something since the PRC $luts got it? Or to show how scared the running dogs are with their owner?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>First time live for N-Day Rally speech
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS the producer of the historic 6th National Day Rally speech in 1971, when it went live for the first time.
The usual 'drill' on this occasion was as follows. The Prime Minister was met on arrival at the car porch of the National Theatre. The producer followed him to the make-up room for any last minute instructions.
On this historic day, I was asked by then PM Lee Kuan Yew what was on local channels from 7.30pm onwards. I told him. Then he asked me an unexpected question: What was on Malaysian channels?
Fortunately, having worked with him on many such productions, I was prepared. I told him what was on. Then he reached into his pocket and took a cutting of the TV listings to counter-check. That is how prepared you must be when you deal with Mr Lee.
He then asked me if we could go live. I said yes. He told me to make multilingual announcements on both radio and TV by fading all programmes on air to blank. He also told me to make announcements in Malay, Tamil, Mandarin and English to ensure the audience at the National Theatre was kept informed.
I rushed to the outside broadcast van parked in the carpark to call my director, the late Mrs Wong-Lee Siok Tin.
'Please don't ask any questions,' I told her. 'PM has instructed that we fade all radio and TV programmes on air to black by making the announcement that we will go to live telecast and broadcast of the PM's National Day Rally speech at the National Theatre.'
There was a gasp at the other end. I told Mrs Wong to go ahead.
Ten minutes into the live broadcast, the then Cabinet secretary, Mr Wong Chooi Sen, tapped on our van door: 'Hey, Ananda, Dr Goh Keng Swee, the defence minister, wants to know if you're absolutely certain PM instructed you to broadcast live?'
Although I died a thousand deaths at that moment, I shouted a firm 'yes'.
After the broadcast I rushed back to meet Mr Lee in the make-up room. He asked if the broadcast went live without any technical hitches. I said it went flawlessly. He said good and I lived to tell the tale! (is she dead? *shivers*)Ananda Perera

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like a snake to me; ananada & anaconda.

Two shots to the head first and make doubly sure the snake is dead.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
i admire LKY..this is one guy who knows what he wants and get what he wants.. He is a Winner...LONG LIVE THE KING!:wink:

Losers are people who lived their whole life not knowing what they want to do and die with regrets...
Life is simple... if you are number 1.. you are a winner... if you are 2nd.. u are NOTHING.

Fortunately, having worked with him on many such productions, I was prepared.

Erudio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your letter. The Straits Times has been receiving less than 2 pro-PAP letters since the last Ministerial hike. To even out the coverage against the average 300 hate-PAP letters we are receiving per hour, we have decided to use your name in our future ghost letters written by our internal pro-PAP Fictitious Letters Output Project (FLOP).

We are certain you will be honored to be part of a shrinking family of lowly life form who continue to be sincerely numb to the evil ways of the PAP by singing praises worthy for the Gods. Oh by the way, your name may appear in endorsement advertisements of ladies products such as sanitary pad and breast enlargement treatments from time to time as we deem fit.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Nice poem..

heng har.. luckily i am associated with winners.. not losers :biggrin: :biggrin:
remember to publish my nick correctly hor... not bigsexy, not small sexy, but Big Sexy with a space. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you for your letter. we have decided to use your name in our future ghost letters

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So there is nothing secret now that PAP has been controlling Singapore media across the nation. No wonder we are stucked in 154th freedom in media reporting. I couldn't believe I am impressed with internet now.

To remind the Old Fart to given her a PBM or something since the PRC $luts got it? Or to show how scared the running dogs are with their owner?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>First time live for N-Day Rally speech
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WAS the producer of the historic 6th National Day Rally speech in 1971, when it went live for the first time.
The usual 'drill' on this occasion was as follows. The Prime Minister was met on arrival at the car porch of the National Theatre. The producer followed him to the make-up room for any last minute instructions.
On this historic day, I was asked by then PM Lee Kuan Yew what was on local channels from 7.30pm onwards. I told him. Then he asked me an unexpected question: What was on Malaysian channels?
Fortunately, having worked with him on many such productions, I was prepared. I told him what was on. Then he reached into his pocket and took a cutting of the TV listings to counter-check. That is how prepared you must be when you deal with Mr Lee.
He then asked me if we could go live. I said yes. He told me to make multilingual announcements on both radio and TV by fading all programmes on air to blank. He also told me to make announcements in Malay, Tamil, Mandarin and English to ensure the audience at the National Theatre was kept informed.
I rushed to the outside broadcast van parked in the carpark to call my director, the late Mrs Wong-Lee Siok Tin.
'Please don't ask any questions,' I told her. 'PM has instructed that we fade all radio and TV programmes on air to black by making the announcement that we will go to live telecast and broadcast of the PM's National Day Rally speech at the National Theatre.'
There was a gasp at the other end. I told Mrs Wong to go ahead.
Ten minutes into the live broadcast, the then Cabinet secretary, Mr Wong Chooi Sen, tapped on our van door: 'Hey, Ananda, Dr Goh Keng Swee, the defence minister, wants to know if you're absolutely certain PM instructed you to broadcast live?'
Although I died a thousand deaths at that moment, I shouted a firm 'yes'.
After the broadcast I rushed back to meet Mr Lee in the make-up room. He asked if the broadcast went live without any technical hitches. I said it went flawlessly. He said good and I lived to tell the tale! (is she dead? *shivers*)Ananda Perera

silverspoon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i love the part when he asked her about the malaysian programs, after her replies, he still took out a tv listing to counter check in front of her.......

i wonder what would have happened if she smoke him during that time