• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Full Review of Lee Bee Wah - Another Mas Type of Review?

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
After the review, will more "small people" get fired?

Minister wants full review
My job is to keep Team Singapore united, says Sports Minister
By Jeanette Wang

SPORTS Minister Vivian Balakrishnan yesterday promised a full review of the episode that has left the fate of two Singapore table tennis officials in the balance.
Speaking to reporters after the Olympic Team reception at Raffles City Shopping Centre yesterday, he said he would look into the controversy over Singapore Table Tennis Association president Lee Bee Wah's remarks that team manager Antony Lee's services were no longer required.

She also said last weekend that the future of head coach Liu Guodong would be left to a coaching committee to decide.

Her remarks came just days after Singapore had scored its first Olympic Games silver medal in 48 years, in the women's table tennis team event.

Her swift action followed a fiasco in the men's singles, when Singapore No1 Gao Ning found himself with no coach present for his match and crashed out in the third round.

The news of Ms Lee's action caused an uproar among sports officials and ordinary people.

Many criticised her timing, while Singaporeans were still celebrating the silver medal feat of Li Jiawei, Wang Yuegu and Feng Tianwei.

Dr Balakrishnan, the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, said yesterday that he had not read the newspaper reports of the controversy.

'I'm very concerned about the way it seems to be spinning out of control because I don't want a situation where people say things or do things which destroy relationships, relationships and partnerships which we need in order to keep Team Singapore intact and in order for us to perform at the highest level,' he said.

He appealed to the media to give the athletes, coaches and officials time and space to let things cool down.

'Then we will make sure to do all that needs to be done, properly and with deliberate thought behind it,' he said.

Noting that everyone concerned was 'totally emotionally drained', he said: 'I want you all to understand that people are tired, egos have been bruised, emotional tears and sweat have been shed.'

Dr Balakrishnan, who returned with the team yesterday afternoon, said that it was the 'wrong time to make hasty decisions' and he had 'told everybody to cool it'.

'Today's the day to celebrate. Tomorrow, I want everybody to rest.

'And, in due time, due process, and after all the facts emerge, we can then decide how best to do this.'

He also said: 'I will speak to all the people concerned. I will address their needs, their grievances, their hopes, their expectations.

'My job is to keep Team Singapore united, and I'll work on that.'

Senior Parliamentary Secretary (Community Development, Youth and Sports) Teo Ser Luck felt that the saga should not overwhelm what Singapore has achieved in Beijing.

Said Mr Ng Ser Miang, International Olympic Committee executive board member from Singapore and chairman of Project 0812, the programme geared at fast-tracking Singapore athletes to win medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympic Games: 'I think as we plan for 2012, we should look at the success model that we've developed, including the athletes, managers, coaches, the system that we've put in place, and be very objective about this whole thing.

'At the end of the day, we have to move in the direction of what is in the best interest of the athletes.'

[email protected]

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very stupid don't know how to manage, called themself world class. Just keep the manager for 2 more month then dismiss him. Salary will be not much after all compare to the whole team that cost more than $100K/month( salary,facilities, sportware........) even more if add in others teams.

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Bee Wah should be removed as the table tennis president and MP for AMK. She is of sub-standard quality and lacking the know how in leveling with the people :biggrin: :biggrin:

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr. Lee and Mr. Liu, time to pack up and prepare to go. Who cares about the medal?

It is result oriented not relationship oriented. It is about how we can use $$$ to achieve the fatest results. Sg Inc management approach right down to every association.

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Bee Wah should be removed as the table tennis president and MP for AMK. She is of sub-standard quality and lacking the know how in leveling with the people :biggrin: :biggrin:

She is a newbie in politics. MPs of today are very different from MPs of yesteryears. All about numbers, KPIs, $$$, bottomline.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
she is damn lousy.. once thrust upon some sort of responsibility, she deficiency shows..:mad:

grunt72

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot more than meets the eye in this case and the team manager is def no angel or too much of a hero himself. So for the general public, they only read the news report and paint it one way with LBW as the bitch villain. Seriously, I know that it is deeper than that and harks back to the old STTA mgmt. Why did you think Choo Wee Khiang step down? So before you paint one side story, lets see how this turns out...if the media did report eventually. U know ST lah...how often is it truly unbiased?

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's the ugly side of hiring mercenaries to play for your country, don't want liao, use then throw away. The other ugly side is that players & coached renounce Spore citizenship & return back to homeland.

travelbug

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fucked with Jamban MP Lee is it? Noticed that you liked her so much. The first time that she spouted Hokkien profanities in Parliament, I knew this fuck shit woman is an idiot of first degree.

HakkaThaileen

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to trust a man with a woman's name much less the whole pappy system. You tell me .:rolleyes:

Yaa man.. This name reminds me of a masseuse working in one of the health centres in Katong area few years back. She was so good in giving a hand job so much so that she was one of the "ang pai" girls at that time..

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
You fucked with Jamban MP Lee is it? Noticed that you liked her so much. The first time that she spouted Hokkien profanities in Parliament, I knew this fuck shit woman is an idiot of first degree.

She is trying to show that she can connect to the ground.

ksgd0717

Alfrescian
Loyal
<<The news of Ms Lee's action caused an uproar among sports officials and ordinary people.>>
what's long n thick cannot be put off to the 11th hour.:smile:

Last edited:

Singapaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal
The newspaper has been given the total blackout order till the full review is out.

Review wayang one lah..today's paper, Bruised Lee already U-turn...head coach's contract soon to be renewed...Anthony Lee probably will be sacrificed.

Now head coach up the stake...ask for citizenship and promised medals in 2012 else he pack up & move on :mad:

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Review wayang one lah..today's paper, Bruised Lee already U-turn...head coach's contract soon to be renewed...Anthony Lee probably will be sacrificed.

Now head coach up the stake...ask for citizenship and promised medals in 2012 else he pack up & move on :mad:

Head Coach told Shin Min Daily that after this incident, even if STTA wants him, he will need to consider.

sm-cover_27aug08_n.jpg

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaa man.. This name reminds me of a masseuse working in one of the health centres in Katong area few years back. She was so good in giving a hand job so much so that she was one of the "ang pai" girls at that time..

Well his face reminds me of a popular with the aunties radio DJ. Probably the same touchy touchy in the toilet type?

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal

Notice too how the papers use all the smiling pictures :smile:

Our citizenship is really cheap anyway.