• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community moderation

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
This new reward-demerit system will not work...

With the new point system, anyone can "whack" anyone by giving them demerit points. And anyone can also give good points to "boost" the reputation of the poster. I think it's stupid. Sam is treating us like a bunch of primary school kids.

His system can easily be abused with clones working like a pack of wolves together to "whack" someone off or artificially boost the reputations of themselves. Actually, there is no need for such a system. When someone stays long enough in the forum, he will know who the troublemakers are, who to watch out for, who to trust and who to ignore. There is no need for all this complicated demerit-reward system which, mark my word, will be abused and degenerate into chaos. I can see that the abuse has just started...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: This new reward-demerit system will not work...

It's just for some light hearted fun. Don't take it seriously. :p

However, it will come in handy is someone starts spamming the forum in my absence with hundreds of copies of some rubbish message. The members here will be able to stop the culprit without the need for my intervention. It'll save me a lot of housekeeping when I log on the next morning.:(

If everyone is nice and civilised towards each other, nobody will be red carding anyone in the first place so there's a slight incentive not to be too obnoxious and quarrelsome. :p

Bans only last 24 hours anyway. It's not as if anyone is thrown out for good.:biggrin:

Lighten up my friend. Life is good if you adopt the right attitude. BTW which skin are you using.. the red or one of the blue themes?

With the new point system, anyone can "whack" anyone by giving them demerit points. And anyone can also give good points to "boost" the reputation of the poster. I think it's stupid. Sam is treating us like a bunch of primary school kids.

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal

If everyone is nice and civilised towards each other, nobody will be red carding anyone in the first place so there a slight incentive not to be too obnoxious and quarrelsome.

Ah... but you see, the world does not consist of only civilised people... it only takes one or group of "uncivilised" people to turn this forum into chaos. I prefer the old system where people can just simply ignore the person.

Bans only last 24 hours anyway. It's not as if anyone is thrown out for good.

Still, it's an irritation that puts people off. Remember, the attention span of net surfers is short.

Lighten up my friend. Life is good if you adopt the right attitude. BTW which skin are you using.. the red or one of the blue themes?

I'm just using the default. No time to play around with skins.... I'm not a teenager anymore :wink:

birdie8819

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's just for some light hearted fun. Don't take it seriously. :p

I begining to like this forum more and more . It's great to be here BUT I noticed that there are a few threads of similiar topics and what can be done .

I like this red themes . :biggrin:

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community modera

Sam I would like to suggest 2 new categories:

- Excessive Stupidity
- Cold Jokes

This way people will think twice before writing crap :biggrin:

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="75%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="45%">Title</TD><TD align=middle width="10%">Active</TD><TD align=middle width="10%">Points</TD><TD align=middle width="15%">Expires</TD><TD noWrap width="10%">Warning</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_9><INPUT id=il_5 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=5 name=infractionlevelid>Revealing Inappropriate details of Private Individuals</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[9]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_5><INPUT id=il_5 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=5 name=infractionlevelid>Excessive use of graphics/huge images</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[5]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_3><INPUT id=il_3 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=3 name=infractionlevelid>Inappropriate Signature / Avatar</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[3]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_2><INPUT id=il_2 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=2 name=infractionlevelid>Insulted Other Member(s)</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[2]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_7><INPUT id=il_7 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=7 name=infractionlevelid>Off topic</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[7]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_8><INPUT id=il_8 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=8 name=infractionlevelid>Posted in wrong sub forum</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[8]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_6><INPUT id=il_6 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=6 name=infractionlevelid>Quoting huge chunks of message unnecessarily</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[6]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_4><INPUT id=il_4 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=4 name=infractionlevelid>Rude</LABEL></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[4]></TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD align=left><LABEL for=il_1><INPUT id=il_1 tabIndex=1 type=radio value=1 name=infractionlevelid>Spam/repeated posts/unauthorised ads.</LABEL></TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10 Day(s)</TD><TD align=left><INPUT tabIndex=1 type=checkbox value=1 name=warning[1]></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Re: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community modera

Sam I would like to suggest 2 new categories:

- Excessive Stupidity
- Cold Jokes

The problem with the label of "stupidity" is that the term is relative. :biggrin:

A sense of humor varies from person to person and cultural differences also come into play.

Such infractions are a bit too subjective. :o

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

There are plentiful of wild accusations flying around without fact, and it's annoying to read someone being accused for nothing. Can we have that as an infraction.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has the infraction system been disabled?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Has the infraction system been disabled?

Nope. However, only "Alfrescian (S)" members can give infractions.

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal

aiyoh, simple, ask your PAP buddy clitton666 to give you reputation then you become an S already. :wink:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think this infraction really GOOD.
The most infraction I see is clinton666 really racist and trouble maker.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How to read the infraction score? For example, Leetahbar has:

Infractions: 1/31 (107)
<FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>My Reputation:</LEGEND>Points: 10 / Power: 2
reputation_pos.gif
</FIELDSET>

What does 1/31(107) means? Looks like cricket score of wickets and innings.

Also, what does the little green card mean? Got yellow and red cards later?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

warnings/infractions (total infraction points)
reputation_pos.gif
<= reputation level. The higher the rep score, the more green dots will appear. It's just a visual display of the numerical figure.

How to read the infraction score? For example, Leetahbar has:

Infractions: 1/31 (107)
<fieldset class="fieldset"><legend>My Reputation:</legend>Points: 10 / Power: 2
reputation_pos.gif
</fieldset>

What does 1/31(107) means? Looks like cricket score of wickets and innings.

Also, what does the little green card mean? Got yellow and red cards later?

hughgrant

Alfrescian
Loyal

another confusing rating system. but okay , will try to learn as i go along

maggie

how would u deal with a gang of hooligans who group target their victim? they are already here. if nothing is done to stop them, very soon, this forum will be running all over by them and their multi clones.:(

Oh really it is that bad,right here there're hooligans? Why on earth would they want to take over this forum Sam?:eek:

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal

Relax lah...not all of us are hooligans here:wink: