• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community moderation

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The User Infraction System is designed to make moderation of the site more automated and more consistent.

It works on a points system, with members being given points for breaches of rules.
Once a viewer reaches 10 infraction points, they are automatically banned. Some infraction points never expire, some last for just a few days, after which your points balance reduces.

In most cases members will give you a warning (with no points) for the first breach. Points are given for subsequent breaches.
This is a list of the current infraction rules that I have come up with to start things off. I am still experimenting with the feature so things will change over the next few weeks. To give a member an infraction, click on the
infraction.gif
gif on the top of each message posted.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="75%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_5"><input tabindex="1" checked="true" value="5" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_5" type="radio">Excessive use of graphics/huge images</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[5]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_4"><input tabindex="1" value="4" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_4" type="radio">Inappropriate Language/Off topic</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[4]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_2"><input tabindex="1" value="2" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_2" type="radio">Insulted Other Member(s)</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[2]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_6"><input tabindex="1" value="6" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_6" type="radio">Quoting huge chunks of message unnecessarily</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[6]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_3"><input tabindex="1" value="3" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_3" type="radio">Signature Rule Violation</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[3]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_1"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_1" type="radio">Spam/repeated posts/unauthorised ads.</label></td><td>5</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[1]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community modera

To start off with, any user who reaches 10 points will be banned for ONE DAY (24hours). There are no permanent bans.

The system shows who gave the infraction. There is no such thing as an anonymous infraction. Everything is transparent and open. :p

The points are not cumulative and they expire after the stated period. This is unlike the reputation system where seniors can end up with 1000s of points while newbies have to start with 10. In this forum, all are on an equal footing but you have to behave or the rest of the community can end up preventing you from posting for 24 hours.

Have fun. Let's see how it goes.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community modera

It is an anti-sinkie tool.

american

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good work Sam!

This should get rid of those sick mesages like SDP=PAP rubbish.

:wink:

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal

This will prove interesting...

Let's see how well this tool will serve the rest of us, who are just looking for clean, honest chats. :smile:

american

Alfrescian
Loyal

Signature Rule Violation

Can you enlighten what is the Signature Rule Violation? I must have miss that and I'm sure others will be interested to know.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How to know that if you got any anti-sinkie points.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing like getting off to a good start with community policing. We already see some excesses, with some vested (?) political interests and what have you:p

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal

How to know that if you got any anti-sinkie points.

Check in your CP and will show if any.:wink: Currently i got 1 infraction point (Red Card), a warning (Yellow Card) and 2 courtesy PMs from Chief to inform me just that.:p:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Check in your CP and will show if any.:wink: Currently i got 1 infraction point (Red Card), a warning (Yellow Card) and 2 courtesy PMs from Chief to inform me just that.:p:biggrin:

You are very sinkie leh, Please unsinkified yourself.

WOOHOO

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are very sinkie leh, Please unsinkified yourself.

bro you got to work harder to change the mentality and thinking of others. It's something like a mountain in front of you, something that cannot change overnight. The person must first understand what you are trying todrill into their heads. By reminding them to keep unsinkified themselves will not help a single bit unless they actually do realise your intentions^^

but I do understand what you are getting at cheers happi happi!!

blur boy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boss, i was jus wondering...if i am just responding to the topics with one liner...no problem right?? becos u say must say something smart...:p

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

bro you got to work harder to change the mentality and thinking of others. It's something like a mountain in front of you, something that cannot change overnight. The person must first understand what you are trying todrill into their heads. By reminding them to keep unsinkified themselves will not help a single bit unless they actually do realise your intentions^^

but I do understand what you are getting at cheers happi happi!!

:smile: They got to check out at the old forum what does sinkie means. Do a search there.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal

with this tool, I will WHACK sgslut aka kassemsalah jialak jialak if he ever appears with his rubbish postings celebrating other pple's tragedies. woohoo!

serenditpity

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe you should also include your pet peeve -- the "advice" and "advise" thing :wink:

And for anyone who supports Windows perhaps half a point :smile:

JavaMocca

Alfrescian
Loyal

Community policing is a great idea but it could descend into mob lynching if an individual does not subscribe to the few. Every forum will have its own docile members and others more aggressive in their postings. I would really suggest that two different voters to make an infraction sticks. This will prevent stifling the forum's expression where everyone is too careful in posting to avoid being carded. :smile:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal

To start off with, any user who reaches 10 points will be banned for ONE DAY (24hours). There are no permanent bans.

The system shows who gave the infraction. There is no such thing as an anonymous infraction. Everything is transparent and open. :p

The points are not cumulative and they expire after the stated period. This is unlike the reputation system where seniors can end up with 1000s of points while newbies have to start with 10. In this forum, all are on an equal footing but you have to behave or the rest of the community can end up preventing you from posting for 24 hours.

Have fun. Let's see how it goes.

There might be a flaw here, with this system, supposed with an army of clones who target a certain personnel will keep him permanently banned? We do still need moderaters here.

PM me if you want me to become one.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Can you enlighten what is the Signature Rule Violation? I must have miss that and I'm sure others will be interested to know.

Yes, what's this rule about, LeongSam?

High Command

Alfrescian
Loyal

There might be a flaw here, with this system, supposed with an army of clones who target a certain personnel will keep him permanently banned? We do still need moderaters here.

PM me if you want me to become one.

Clone wars here too?!? :eek:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

The User Infraction System is designed to make moderation of the site more automated and more consistent.

It works on a points system, with members being given points for breaches of rules.
Once a viewer reaches 10 infraction points, they are automatically banned. Some infraction points never expire, some last for just a few days, after which your points balance reduces.

In most cases members will give you a warning (with no points) for the first breach. Points are given for subsequent breaches.
This is a list of the current infraction rules that I have come up with to start things off. I am still experimenting with the feature so things will change over the next few weeks. To give a member an infraction, click on the
infraction.gif
gif on the top of each message posted.

<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="75%"><tbody><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_5"><input tabindex="1" checked="true" value="5" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_5" type="radio">Excessive use of graphics/huge images</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[5]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_4"><input tabindex="1" value="4" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_4" type="radio">Inappropriate Language/Off topic</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[4]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_2"><input tabindex="1" value="2" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_2" type="radio">Insulted Other Member(s)</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[2]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_6"><input tabindex="1" value="6" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_6" type="radio">Quoting huge chunks of message unnecessarily</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[6]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_3"><input tabindex="1" value="3" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_3" type="radio">Signature Rule Violation</label></td><td>1</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[3]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr align="center"><td align="left"><label for="il_1"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="infractionlevelid" id="il_1" type="radio">Spam/repeated posts/unauthorised ads.</label></td><td>5</td><td>10 Day(s)</td><td align="left"><input tabindex="1" value="1" name="warning[1]" type="checkbox"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

how would u deal with a gang of hooligans who group target their victim? they are already here. if nothing is done to stop them, very soon, this forum will be running all over by them and their multi clones.:(