SG Live Bet
SG Tipster
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community moderation

My Reputation Points: 1455 / Power: 68

Default The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community moderation

The User Infraction System is designed to make moderation of the site more automated and more consistent.

It works on a points system, with members being given points for breaches of rules.
    Once a viewer reaches 10 infraction points, they are automatically banned. Some infraction points never expire, some last for just a few days, after which your points balance reduces.

In most cases members will give you a warning (with no points) for the first breach. Points are given for subsequent breaches.
    This is a list of the current infraction rules that I have come up with to start things off. I am still experimenting with the feature so things will change over the next few weeks. To give a member an infraction, click on the gif on the top of each message posted.

110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    510 Day(s)

Screw the CPF! Beat Ho Ching's returns by converting your SGD to ARS and earn 27.36% interest immediately
    Reputation System FAQ
    Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent

My Reputation Points: 1455 / Power: 68

Default Re: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community modera

To start off with, any user who reaches 10 points will be banned for ONE DAY (24hours). There are no permanent bans.

The system shows who gave the infraction. There is no such thing as an anonymous infraction. Everything is transparent and open.

The points are not cumulative and they expire after the stated period. This is unlike the reputation system where seniors can end up with 1000s of points while newbies have to start with 10. In this forum, all are on an equal footing but you have to behave or the rest of the community can end up preventing you from posting for 24 hours.

Have fun. Let's see how it goes.

Screw the CPF! Beat Ho Ching's returns by converting your SGD to ARS and earn 27.36% interest immediately
    Reputation System FAQ
    Wanted : Sam Leong
    NRIC: S1599536-L
    DOB: 25 May 66
    Last known address:Rented Room in Bedok South
    Please note that this Moniker is no longer Persian
    I am now of Burmese descent

My Reputation Points: 6138 / Power: 20

Default Re: The user infraction system - No points involved. It's a tool for community modera

It is an anti-sinkie tool.
    totally retired!!!

Roy's bank account for donation.. :
    • POSB Savings Account Number: 130-23068-7
    • OCBC Savings Account Number: 657-411175-0

The Link of Roy's Bank Account Numbers:
    http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?1...ghlight=Ngerng

My Reputation Points: 229 / Power: 7

Good work Sam!

This should get rid of those sick mesages like SDP=PAP rubbish.

My Reputation Points: 328 / Power: 7

This will prove interesting...

Let's see how well this tool will serve the rest of us, who are just looking for clean, honest chats.
    Posted with my BB Bold.

My Reputation Points: 229 / Power: 7

Signature Rule Violation
    Can you enlighten what is the Signature Rule Violation? I must have miss that and I'm sure others will be interested to know.

How to know that if you got any anti-sinkie points.
    totally retired!!!

My Reputation Points: 5143 / Power: 17

Nothing like getting off to a good start with community policing. We already see some excesses, with some vested (?) political interests and what have you

My Reputation Points: 26 / Power: 0

Quote Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
    How to know that if you got any anti-sinkie points.
    Check in your CP and will show if any. Currently i got 1 infraction point (Red Card), a warning (Yellow Card) and 2 courtesy PMs from Chief to inform me just that.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyHulk View Post
    Check in your CP and will show if any. Currently i got 1 infraction point (Red Card), a warning (Yellow Card) and 2 courtesy PMs from Chief to inform me just that.
    You are very sinkie leh, Please unsinkified yourself.
    totally retired!!!

My Reputation Points: 86 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by tonychat View Post
    You are very sinkie leh, Please unsinkified yourself.
    bro you got to work harder to change the mentality and thinking of others. It's something like a mountain in front of you, something that cannot change overnight. The person must first understand what you are trying todrill into their heads. By reminding them to keep unsinkified themselves will not help a single bit unless they actually do realise your intentions^^

but I do understand what you are getting at cheers happi happi!!
    It is better in life to be who you are than to try to be that which you are not

My Reputation Points: 10 / Power: 0

Boss, i was jus wondering...if i am just responding to the topics with one liner...no problem right?? becos u say must say something smart...

Quote Originally Posted by WOOHOO View Post
    bro you got to work harder to change the mentality and thinking of others. It's something like a mountain in front of you, something that cannot change overnight. The person must first understand what you are trying todrill into their heads. By reminding them to keep unsinkified themselves will not help a single bit unless they actually do realise your intentions^^

but I do understand what you are getting at cheers happi happi!!
    They got to check out at the old forum what does sinkie means. Do a search there.
    totally retired!!!

My Reputation Points: 342 / Power: 7

with this tool, I will WHACK sgslut aka kassemsalah jialak jialak if he ever appears with his rubbish postings celebrating other pple's tragedies. woohoo!
    Have a better day tomorrow!

I appreciate reputation points but please do not expect me to give back in return. I only give for quality posts. Cheers!

My Reputation Points: 18 / Power: 0

Maybe you should also include your pet peeve -- the "advice" and "advise" thing

And for anyone who supports Windows perhaps half a point

My Reputation Points: 128 / Power: 7

Community policing is a great idea but it could descend into mob lynching if an individual does not subscribe to the few. Every forum will have its own docile members and others more aggressive in their postings. I would really suggest that two different voters to make an infraction sticks. This will prevent stifling the forum's expression where everyone is too careful in posting to avoid being carded.

My Reputation Points: 106 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    To start off with, any user who reaches 10 points will be banned for ONE DAY (24hours). There are no permanent bans.

The system shows who gave the infraction. There is no such thing as an anonymous infraction. Everything is transparent and open.

The points are not cumulative and they expire after the stated period. This is unlike the reputation system where seniors can end up with 1000s of points while newbies have to start with 10. In this forum, all are on an equal footing but you have to behave or the rest of the community can end up preventing you from posting for 24 hours.

Have fun. Let's see how it goes.
    There might be a flaw here, with this system, supposed with an army of clones who target a certain personnel will keep him permanently banned? We do still need moderaters here.

PM me if you want me to become one.

My Reputation Points: 1256 / Power: 9

Quote Originally Posted by american View Post
    Can you enlighten what is the Signature Rule Violation? I must have miss that and I'm sure others will be interested to know.
    Yes, what's this rule about, LeongSam?

My Reputation Points: 98 / Power: 7

Quote Originally Posted by rainnix View Post
    There might be a flaw here, with this system, supposed with an army of clones who target a certain personnel will keep him permanently banned? We do still need moderaters here.

PM me if you want me to become one.
    Clone wars here too?!?

My Reputation Points: 624 / Power: 9

Quote Originally Posted by Leongsam View Post
    The User Infraction System is designed to make moderation of the site more automated and more consistent.

It works on a points system, with members being given points for breaches of rules.
    Once a viewer reaches 10 infraction points, they are automatically banned. Some infraction points never expire, some last for just a few days, after which your points balance reduces.

In most cases members will give you a warning (with no points) for the first breach. Points are given for subsequent breaches.
    This is a list of the current infraction rules that I have come up with to start things off. I am still experimenting with the feature so things will change over the next few weeks. To give a member an infraction, click on the gif on the top of each message posted.

110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    110 Day(s)
    510 Day(s)

how would u deal with a gang of hooligans who group target their victim? they are already here. if nothing is done to stop them, very soon, this forum will be running all over by them and their multi clones.
    emptiness is form...form is emptiness
    have u wonder why i m being targeted by mastershapeshifter n his clones?
    USD is choped standby party for SDP. why like that? SF is sdp's latest subsidiary. wow!! the opp with the most branches!!
    “种瓜得瓜, 种豆得豆, 因果报应是迟早的事”

Thread Information