• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore, this Filipino's second home

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Expect the Papayas to be bz preparing PeeR invitation letter to this Pinoy?

Singapore, this Filipino's second
home
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->

I AM an analyst with an investment house in the Philippines. I refer to last Tuesday's article, 'Goodness gracious me, trays uncleared'. I am really impressed by how Singapore still tries to improve, when we tourists can no longer find anything bad about the place or the people.

My friends and I visited Singapore for a week in May last year. We stayed at Somerset Bencoolen, just in front of Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (Nafa). We tried to maximise our time here and barely got enough sleep. We went to places like Orchard, Chinatown and Sentosa. There is nothing to complain about tourist destinations in Singapore. Add to that the fact that almost all people were really hospitable and helpful to tourists, regardless of race or colour.

From the first time we set foot in Singapore, I felt it was just perfect and all of us wanted to stay for good. I think it is because of the people that many tourists love Singapore and come back to see more, not only to visit the good places but also to experience what it's to be like a real tourist.

During our stay, we talked among ourselves and tried to find something which was not good. I challenged my friends to think of one, but we were not able to find one bad thing about the place.

Days passed and we had to say goodbye to Singapore. I miss the place, I miss the people, I miss the culture, I miss the food, and I especially miss the appreciation of the arts - that is why I mentioned Nafa earlier. The appreciation of the arts is overwhelming. Thus, I plan to return to Singapore in January next year to pursue my lifelong dream of becoming a visual artist, and I wish to study at Nafa. After that, I hope to become a social entrepreneur in Singapore.

Lastly, I came across a tourism website that asks visitors what makes Singapore different from other destinations. It was then I came to realise, that it is not just the places but rather the people of Singapore that make the big difference. I must admit, though, that the places are really beautiful and even photographs will not. But, for me personally, to be in Singapore is more than just going out and sightseeing, it is experiencing and imbibing the attitude these people of Singapore have to offer.

I consider Singapore my home away from home or simply, my second home.

Aaron E. Ayusa
[email protected]

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My foreign friends in Bangkok says that they like Sg too. I just enlighten them what sg really is and why i am sick of it. I do not know if they give me face or what. Tourist seems to be impressed with Sg.

Thai people loves their country too and foreigners knows why. I dunno about SG.

I consider Singapore my home away from home or simply, my second home.

I bet he hasn't been to Aus or New Zealand. Suspect ghost writing.