• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Huat Ah! PAP announced mistaken Presidential Election Result!

ejected.president

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eat Shit & Die ASAP!

la-la-land-moonlight-oscar-mixup.jpg

http://variety.com/2017/film/in-con...wrong-winner-la-la-land-moonlight-1201995099/

Epic Oscars Mistake: Faye Dunaway, Warren Beatty Announce Wrong Best Picture Winner

By Kristopher Tapley,
Lawrence Yee

La La Land Moonlight Oscar
Chris Pizzello/AP
February 26, 2017 | 09:18PM PT

“Moonlight” walked away with best picture honors at the end of Sunday night’s Oscars ceremony in Hollywood.

The presenters for the final award — Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway — were incorrectly given the best actress award envelope. A confused Beatty saw Emma Stone’s name and “La La Land,” and handed the envelope to Dunaway, who then announced the musical as the Best Picture winner.

The “La La Land” cast took the stage and producers began their speeches. But they stopped midway when they realized their error.

Related
Jimmy Kimmel

Academy Award Winners 2017: Updated List

“There’s a mistake. ‘Moonlight’ you guys won best picture,” Jordan Horowitz said to the shocked Dolby Theater audience. “This is not a joke, come up here” the producer added. “Moonlight has won best picture.”

Beatty then returned to the microphone to explain: “I want to tell you what happened. I opened the envelope and it said Emma Stone, ‘La La Land.’ That’s why I took such a long look at Faye and at you. I wasn’t trying to be funny.”

“Moonlight” beat out “La La Land,” “Hidden Figures,” “Manchester by the Sea,” “Arrival,” “Hacksaw Ridge,” “Hell or High Water,” “Lion,” and “Fences.”

RELATED CONTENT: Every Oscar Best Picture Winner [GALLERY]

It was nothing less than a shock for Barry Jenkins’ intimate study of a black youth coming to terms with his homosexuality to walk away with the win: Damien Chazelle’s “La La Land” had been widely tipped as the frontrunner on the strength of a dominant precursor showing and top prizes from the Golden Globes, the Producers Guild, and the Directors Guild. Notably, though, “Moonlight” scored more best film prizes from critics groups around the country, making it a formidable dark horse every step of the way.

Watch the moment unfold below: