• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat why no CTO in our cabinet?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viv B is the designated cabinet Minister to lead the smart nation initiative. I don't think that's the issue. If you look at our current PM and his team, they have not achieved or landed anything significant. I don't think they have the right calibre and they have been threading water hoping for something to materialise.What was routine 20 years ago is now a struggle - flood, lifts, MRT, schools, etc.

Back to Viv B - he had more mishaps than anyone else and they made him in charge of Smart Nation, WTF!!. When Lui Tuck Yew resigned, the writing was on the wall. He obviously knew that the Transport portfolio could not be saved. Khaw took over and 2 innocent trainees died, trains bought had to be sent back to China for repairs.

we have all the elements of a corporate boardroom in our cabinet... except for a CTO... no wonder smart nation drive moving so slowly.
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/technology-play-bigger-role-here-pm

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Viv B is the designated cabinet Minister to lead the smart nation initiative. I don't think that's the issue. If you look at our current PM and his team, they have not achieved or landed anything significant. I don't think they have the right calibre and they have been threading water hoping for something to materialise.What was routine 20 years ago is now a struggle - flood, lifts, MRT, schools, etc.

Back to Viv B - he had more mishaps than anyone else and they made him in charge of Smart Nation, WTF!!. When Lui Tuck Yew resigned, the writing was on the wall. He obviously knew that the Transport portfolio could not be saved. Khaw took over and 2 innocent trainees died, trains bought had to be sent back to China for repairs.
The guy most passionate about smart nation is our PM. He should get his kid to head the initiative. Don't waste time.