• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious New Islandwide ERP From 2020! Down With Buffet-style COE!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
erp26.jpg

Singapore has cleared the way for its next-generation Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) system, which will have islandwide coverage and the ability to charge according to distance travelled.

It will be built by local company NCS and Japan's MHI Engine System, Land Transport Authority chief executive Chew Men Leong announced yesterday.

The new system will replace the current gantry-based ERP system in place since 1998. It will be rolled out from 2020.

There will be an 18-month transition period between the old and new systems, when motorists will swop their current in-vehicle unit for a sophisticated, smartphone- size on-board unit.

Among other things, this unit will be able to alert drivers of priced roads well in advance, before turn-offs to alternative routes. It will also inform them of charges and provide real-time traffic information. LTA said drivers armed with this information can better decide when to drive, which route to take or leave the car at home and take public transport instead.

The Government will foot the bill for the first on-board unit.

During the transition period, motorists can expect no change to the current charging regimen. After the transition phase, LTA will look into the option of distance-charging, as the technology is in place.

If LTA goes down that road, it could mean significantly higher ERP charges for road users with high mileages, such as taxi drivers, deliverymen and bus operators.

Mr Chew said there was no timeline for the implementation of distance-charging. But other functions of the new system will be available from day one. These include real-time traffic information, coupon-less streetside parking and automatic payment for offpeak car owners who drive during peak periods.

This means the system, which uses satellite navigation technology, has islandwide coverage. In places where coverage may be weak, such as in tunnels or under viaducts, signal beacons will be in place.

Mr Chew said the winning bid was superior to the one submitted by ST Electronics, the other bidder. At $556 million, it will cost less than half the $1.2 billion that ST Electronics had sought.

National University of Singapore transport researcher Lee Der- Horng said that when the new road-pricing system is in place, Singapore can rethink current methods of curbing car demand.

"It can help us do away with the current buffet-style certificate of entitlement (COE) system and move towards an a la carte system based on actual mileage clocked."

"Currently, our COE system actually encourages vehicle owners to drive as much as they can since the (big) payment has already been made," Professor Lee said."It is just like we tend to eat more than we should at buffets."

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/gantries-to-make-way-for-islandwide-erp-by-2020

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loser Sinkies are screwed again. It is not going to affect just the drivers, but also everything that needs transportation.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Loser Sinkies are screwed again. It is not going to affect just the drivers, but also everything that needs transportation.

Only poor n useless runs away .
Thinking he is a big landlord when he rents out only a HDB 3rm flat which belongs to mother.
What do u call this kind?
Desperate cheapo low end behaves like upper mid class.
Only m&ds can survive on mere rentals.
N have to rent n stay in jb to survive.
Since u left go watch tv3.
Why still bother with channel 5

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im going to boycott this country by installing solar for free electric,atmos water gen for free water,borrow neighbour wifi for free internet,shop for groceries in JB,travel everywhere by escooter.all the money i saved and invested i will remit to my australian bank account,which i will blow and spend on the aussie economy.i swear to god as long as i live i will not spend a single cent on Sg economy if i can help it.

this "cheap nation" policy will be implemented by 2018.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only poor n useless runs away .
Thinking he is a big landlord when he rents out only a HDB 3rm flat which belongs to mother.
What do u call this kind?
Desperate cheapo low end behaves like upper mid class.
Only m&ds can survive on mere rentals.
N have to rent n stay in jb to survive.
Since u left go watch tv3.
Why still bother with channel 5
Anytime lah.
What challenge?
Your lanjiao can't stand Liao.
Challenge?
See who be loser.
OK for this u win.
U a pure loser who refused to admits reality that u can barely survive n need to rent your mother's 3rm flat
No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Golden Retriever. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win". Chao Kuniang is really Chao Kuniang. You are such a shame to be living in Old Airport Estate, especially in Blk 99. Want to come or not fucker? Tomorrow 10am. Don't say I didn't give you a 2nd chance.

AllahPUKI

Alfrescian
Loyal
Praise the Lord for this. Poor fucks moslem no $ buy car.

Allah puki. Allah butoh. Allah chowcheebye.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
A pig head m&d.
Rent out mother flat and live in jb.
Useless jobless lazy bum.
Still behaves like a big landlord.
U only a empty peanut shell act like premium oyster.

Go find out where u stands first.
Ppl look down on u.
It your proud howlian behavior which leads to being look down.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Golden Retriever. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win". Chao Kuniang is really Chao Kuniang. You are such a shame to be living in Old Airport Estate, especially in Blk 99. Want to come or not fucker? Tomorrow 10am. Don't say I didn't give you a 2nd chance.

Every thing PAP does has got life span,,,example COE can used up to 10 years!!

How come the ruling party has no COE and no life span like 10 years get out, or

2 terms say 10 years!!

You see every country USA included Obama citizens seem to like him but max 2 terms!!

Why Why?? PAP has got no expiry date or COE???

This is the reason PAP come out with a lot of Crabs!! No ruling new policies that

benefit their pocket!! Not the peasants' pocket?? why why?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
A pig head m&d.
Rent out mother flat and live in jb.
Useless jobless lazy bum.
Still behaves like a big landlord.
U only a empty peanut shell act like premium oyster.

Go find out where u stands first.
Ppl look down on u.
Anytime lah.
What challenge?
Challenge?
See who be loser.
OK for this u win.
U a pure loser who refused to admits reality that u can barely survive n need to rent your mother's 3rm flat
No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Golden Retriever. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win". Chao Kuniang is really Chao Kuniang. You are such a shame to be living in Old Airport Estate, especially in Blk 99.

By the way, I don't "how lian" to everyone in this forum, except only to Loser Sinkies.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every thing PAP does has got life span,,,example COE can used up to 10 years!!

How come the ruling party has no COE and no life span like 10 years get out, or

2 terms say 10 years!!

You see every country USA included Obama citizens seem to like him but max 2 terms!!

Why Why?? PAP has got no expiry date or COE???

This is the reason PAP come out with a lot of Crabs!! No ruling new policies that

benefit their pocket!! Not the peasants' pocket?? why why?

Ask the 70% loh. They were given a chance every 5 years.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Golden Retriever. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win". Chao Kuniang is really Chao Kuniang. You are such a shame to be living in Old Airport Estate, especially in Blk 99.

By the way, I don't "how lian" to everyone in this forum, except only to Loser Sinkies.

What u got to howlian.
Nothing at all.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does this mean construction companies will go out of business because they are sending their cement trucks and sand trucks back and forth all day.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
What u got to howlian.
Nothing at all.
KNNBCCB, really cannot stand you bastard. You are contradicting yourself with your very own stupid posts. Enough said.

What challenge?
Challenge?
See who be loser.
OK for this u win.
No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Rottweiler. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win". Chao Kuniang, give you a last chance, DARE TO COME TO JB CITY SQUARE TODAY AT 10AM OR NOT? I'M WAITING WITH A CHIPBOARD (PLYWOOD WILL BE TOO EXPENSIVE AND NOT FIT FOR A FILTHY ROADSIDE PARIAH DOG LIKE YOU) COFFIN ALREADY STANDBY FOR YOU. Oh I forgot, you are too tied up with your miserable job with long hours on a weekday for a pittance. Unlike me, I don't have to work nor to face the boss 365 days a year. You are such a poor & filthy roadside Pariah dog. I must contact the PPD to catch and cull you at the Old Airport vicinity.

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singkieland if one stays next to MRT etc..No need car..My ang more expatriate Fren does not have a car..He takes taxi etc n is still cheaper than running own car...Poor chap.. Company soo cheap to get him a car

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNBCCB, really cannot stand you bastard. You are contradicting yourself with your very own stupid posts. Enough said.

No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Rottweiler. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win". Chao Kuniang, give you a last chance, DARE TO COME TO JB CITY SQUARE TODAY AT 10AM OR NOT? I'M WAITING WITH A CHIPBOARD (PLYWOOD WILL BE TOO EXPENSIVE AND NOT FIT FOR A FILTHY ROADSIDE PARIAH DOG LIKE YOU) COFFIN ALREADY STANDBY FOR YOU. Oh I forgot, you are too tied up with your miserable job with long hours on a weekday for a pittance. Unlike me, I don't have to work nor to face the boss 365 days a year. You are such a poor & filthy roadside Pariah dog. I must contact the PPD to catch and cull you at the Old Airport vicinity.

U come lor14 coffee shop tonight 10pm.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
U come lor14 coffee shop tonight 10pm.
Don't be a fuck up filthy roadside Pariah dog. Come JB also dare not and balls shrink. Aren't you the one to first tell me "Anytime lah"? Living in a slum called Old Airport Estate. Next time, if you don't have the guts, don't say "Anytime lah". Balless bastard. You don't feel shameful, I also feel malu for you.

What challenge?
Challenge?
See who be loser.
OK for this u win.
No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Rottweiler. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win".

Last edited:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be a fuck up filthy roadside Pariah dog. Come JB also dare not and balls shrink. Aren't you the one to first tell me "Anytime lah"? Living in a slum called Old Airport Estate. Next time, if you don't have the guts, don't say "Anytime lah". Balless bastard.

No balls dog. Said "Anytime Lah", then run away like a Pariah dog having met a Rottweiler. FUCK YOU LAH NO BALLS COWARD. Dare to say "Anytime lah" but no balls to follow up, and have to admit "OK for this u win".

Disgrace pig live on mother 3rm flat rental n hide in jb
Still behave like a big landlord.
Fucking lazy pig.