• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Lament about 'Surviving' on 5 Digit Monthly Passive Income on Jobless Website!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean surviving on rental income, bluechip investment and frugal lifestyle

Post Published: 27 February 2017
Author: admin
Found in section: Latest Articles

I’ve moonlighted in CGH before as Healthcare Assistant, worked in one of the medical C-class ward. The staff there all thought I some Secondary school dropout, but I picked up a lot from listening to the daily Dr’s rounds, nurses’ discussions and Googling those medical terms I didn’t understand.

There was 1 week where 3 patients died (code blue scenario). One of them was Do Not Resuscitate status signed by the family — that means if patient flatlines — no pulse no breathing — do nothing, no oxygen, no CPR, no electric shock, don’t insert IV line, no adrenaline or other drugs to jumpstart the heart etc. No operation.

But the nurse will still pretend to do something — close the curtain around the patient, quickly push the emergency trolley with all the equipment & hook up the heart monitor to confirm flatline (but this cannot confirm brain death), and call the doctor on duty. The doctor knew this was DNR patient and slowly took her time to come, at least 15 min.

I heard the doctor through the curtain asking in bochap voice what happened, when the patient collapse, how long flatline already, confirm is this DNR case. Then nurse ask Dr do you want to call it? Dr said OK, time of death XXXX hours on this date, cause of death blah blah.

And then the Dr just walked away. When you in C-class and especially if your family sign DNR form — your life is worse than useless — you’re seen as wasting people’s time and using up precious space and resources. Everybody including the doctors and nurses hoping you die fast.

Anyway I live simple life — of the 5-figure monthly passive income, I only spend $500 on myself and $1000 on treating my wife and other household expenses. The rest I either pump back into investments or top-up my emergency cash fund.

I estimate I pumped in about $500,000 into stocks during my working years — this has appreciated in value to over 7-digits now. That’s the power of patience in investing in strong MNC blue chips and re-investing the dividends. Even during the GFC in 2008/2009 when my stock portfolio went down by almost -$300,000 it didn’t bother me much as I knew my investments are in fundamentally sound and financially strong companies. Even during the GFC, these companies not only continued to pay out dividends, but they actually INCREASED their dividends.

How many people can say their company increase their salary by 5% or more during the financial crisis?

As for my rental condo, it’s a small 1+study in city location that I bought almost on a whim in 2004. Even though its valuation today is still giving me 100+% profits over the price I bought, I still regret a bit because it would have been simpler to invest in those strong blue chip MNCs I mentioned. Being a landlord is not that easy at times, and to me rental is not really passive income as you have to put in effort and work.

As for my residential home, I still stay in the 4-rm HDB I bought back in 1998.

XYZ

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie Lament about 'Surviving' on 5 Digit Monthly Passive Income on Jobless Webs

Finally, chootchiew has decided to reveal himself.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sinkie Lament about 'Surviving' on 5 Digit Monthly Passive Income on Jobless Webs

In Spore you have to invest in a nest egg & cannot rely on the CPF which is just another tax which the PAP calls "your" saving:rolleyes:

It takes time & some effort but it pays off in the long term. Many Sporeans make the mistake of getting into debt & never invest for their futures. The younger you start investing the more likely you are to succeed because time is your ally.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

I have DNR instructions too. Why delay the inevitable. Death comes to all.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How much the job pays?
If he can survive on so little and got 5 figure monthly payout then should stop working and do something he likes instead.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Best thing you can do is invest in your kids, second best thing is invest in a new country that has more opportunities for your kids. Don't expect anyone to plan the future of your family. I have met parents who mortgaged or even sold their home to send their kids to medical school in 1st world country which comes to about $350 to $400k for duration and these kids have succeeded. I have also met parents with toddlers who already have plans to send their kids overseas even though they live in HDB flats. Thats foresight.

My hats off to these parents. They are not the type that will write to forum page and complain that their kids has got 3 As and B but still cannot get into pharmacy. And then you hear that someone with 2 Cs and D can get into pharmacy in UK and OZ and these qualification are recognised in Singapore.

And best of all these parents have enough confidence to see them thru their own retirement.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

AMD and DNR are absolutely important for Asian families who will never ever pull the pin out of fear of what their relatives and friends thinks. They rather let their loved one suffer to the bitter end rather than make a decision.

I have DNR instructions too. Why delay the inevitable. Death comes to all.

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporean surviving on rental income, bluechip investment and frugal lifestyle

I’ve moonlighted in CGH before as Healthcare Assistant, worked in one of the medical C-class ward. The staff there all thought I some Secondary school dropout, but I picked up a lot from listening to the daily Dr’s rounds, nurses’ discussions and Googling those medical terms I didn’t understand.

There was 1 week where 3 patients died (code blue scenario). One of them was Do Not Resuscitate status signed by the family — that means if patient flatlines — no pulse no breathing — do nothing, no oxygen, no CPR, no electric shock, don’t insert IV line, no adrenaline or other drugs to jumpstart the heart etc. No operation.

But the nurse will still pretend to do something — close the curtain around the patient, quickly push the emergency trolley with all the equipment & hook up the heart monitor to confirm flatline (but this cannot confirm brain death), and call the doctor on duty. The doctor knew this was DNR patient and slowly took her time to come, at least 15 min.

I heard the doctor through the curtain asking in bochap voice what happened, when the patient collapse, how long flatline already, confirm is this DNR case. Then nurse ask Dr do you want to call it? Dr said OK, time of death XXXX hours on this date, cause of death blah blah.

And then the Dr just walked away. When you in C-class and especially if your family sign DNR form — your life is worse than useless — you’re seen as wasting people’s time and using up precious space and resources. Everybody including the doctors and nurses hoping you die fast.

Anyway I live simple life — of the 5-figure monthly passive income, I only spend $500 on myself and $1000 on treating my wife and other household expenses. The rest I either pump back into investments or top-up my emergency cash fund.

I estimate I pumped in about $500,000 into stocks during my working years — this has appreciated in value to over 7-digits now. That’s the power of patience in investing in strong MNC blue chips and re-investing the dividends. Even during the GFC in 2008/2009 when my stock portfolio went down by almost -$300,000 it didn’t bother me much as I knew my investments are in fundamentally sound and financially strong companies. Even during the GFC, these companies not only continued to pay out dividends, but they actually INCREASED their dividends.

How many people can say their company increase their salary by 5% or more during the financial crisis?

As for my rental condo, it’s a small 1+study in city location that I bought almost on a whim in 2004. Even though its valuation today is still giving me 100+% profits over the price I bought, I still regret a bit because it would have been simpler to invest in those strong blue chip MNCs I mentioned. Being a landlord is not that easy at times, and to me rental is not really passive income as you have to put in effort and work.

XYZ

Taken from monkey Gilbert Goh's site I know.....

Alfrescian
Loyal

How much the job pays?
...... do something he likes instead.

probably hiding all the investments from the wife, pretend unable to find a full-time job and trying to fuck all the nurses at CGH....

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

probably hiding all the investments from the wife, pretend unable to find a full-time job and trying to fuck all the nurses at CGH....

Later Kenna scam by ATB nurse. Or end up one of those Wanbao story where the wifey found out he willed the assets to some 'god daughters'.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Finally, chootchiew has decided to reveal himself.

Hahaha. Similar in nature but he still needs to spend 1k on his wife and other miscellaneous. But he has 5digit passive income and I'm only at 1k passive which is a big big gap .
Anyway he is also a fearless sinkie loser. Wish to see more of such people :biggrin:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How much the job pays?
If he can survive on so little and got 5 figure monthly payout then should stop working and do something he likes instead.

I guess health care asst earns about $800.
Yes he should only work in this position if he truly enjoys it.
The fun part of working in a job that requires no education, while one is educated and learned is that we can act blur like sotong to geng as the supervisor will think it is a genuine sotong crackers. :biggrin:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe he got no kids who wants adidas NMD's and wife also blur type dowan lvmh.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Do your children want to be doctors? Or is it just to make $$?

If you want to make your life & your children's life better, might as well emigrate
If you emigrate, some countries will subsidise your children's education e.g. in Ontario Canada they provided free textbooks for their school kids. Medical educational is easier to get if you are a PR/citizen if a country. As a taxpayer they give you some perks unlike in Spore where citizenship is used to force you to do NS :eek: Some call it a privilege :rolleyes:

There are also plenty of educational bursaries & scholarships open to Canadians. Many of these scholarships were started by people who had $$$ & believed in helping others. There are few Sporeans who do that because the PAP has made sure to squeeze people of their $.

This thread is about how you can retire comfortably. For that you have to plan when you are younger because when you are in your 40's it is probably too late. The reality in Spore is that you will be replaced by then :(

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha. Similar in nature but he still needs to spend 1k on his wife and other miscellaneous. But he has 5digit passive income and I'm only at 1k passive which is a big big gap .
Anyway he is also a fearless sinkie loser. Wish to see more of such people :biggrin:

If he is a MGTOW, he can save the 1k.. Women are an absolute liability.. No wonder they need to be married.. For.. Money lah.. Then what.. Love? Only manginas believe in love.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

XYZ

you mean there actually clowns that believe in this BULLCRAP.............??!!

then Sinkies are more hopeless than i thought.............

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

you mean there actually clowns that believe in this BULLCRAP.............??!!

then Sinkies are more hopeless than i thought.............

since you are so smart, then why not indicate which part it is fake.

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taken from monkey Gilbert Goh's site I know.....
Yes, you're right:
transitioning.org/2017/02/27/singaporean-surviving-on-rental-income-bluechip-investment-and-frugal-lifestyle
("Editor’s note: This article is retrieved from a comment posted on our site.")

That comment was from an earlier article:
transitioning.org/2017/02/15/inside-the-mind-of-a-desperate-depressed-jobless-pmet/comment-page-1/#comment-5453313
But before that comment (which was actually "xyz"'s second comment for that article), "xyz" also posted another comment:
transitioning.org/2017/02/15/inside-the-mind-of-a-desperate-depressed-jobless-pmet/comment-page-1/#comment-5453286

"xyz says:
February 17, 2017 at 1:40 am

I’ve also been jobless for 8 years liao. However I’ve been lucky in certain choices as well as lucky breaks. E.g. started in good-paying jobs, started investing early in blue-chip dividend stocks, worked mostly in civil service which insulated me against the major job recessions in 1997/98 and 2001-2004, NO KIDS, NO CAR, bought my properties during the property lows of 1998 & 2004, able to pay off my mortgages quickly. Have been receiving monthly average of 5-figure income from stock dividends & rental without having to touch the principal which have also grown quite a bit. I’ve been doing temp & contract jobs on & off for past few years due to boredom. I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing if any of the “good luck” factors didn’t happen the way they did.
"

If he's receiving, let's say, S$10,000 of dividend income every month, that's S$120,000 every year.
If that's 10% of the current market value of his shareholdings, then their current market value would be S$1.2 million.
If that's 5% of the current market value of his shareholdings, then their current market value would be S$2.4 million.

So, if he has no debt, I think it's safe to say that he has a financial net worth of at least S$2 million, especially since he owns an investment property:
my rental condo, it’s a small 1+study in city location that I bought almost on a whim in 2004....
its valuation today is still giving me 100+% profits over the price I bought...

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess health care asst earns about $800.
Yes he should only work in this position if he truly enjoys it.
The fun part of working in a job that requires no education, while one is educated and learned is that we can act blur like sotong to geng as the supervisor will think it is a genuine sotong crackers. :biggrin:

He went there to beo Pinoy nurses and get some free fuck lah. Maybe not that drastic, but can jiok jiok hold slim waist.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, you're right:
transitioning.org/2017/02/27/singaporean-surviving-on-rental-income-bluechip-investment-and-frugal-lifestyle
("Editor’s note: This article is retrieved from a comment posted on our site.")

That comment was from an earlier article:
transitioning.org/2017/02/15/inside-the-mind-of-a-desperate-depressed-jobless-pmet/comment-page-1/#comment-5453313
But before that comment (which was actually "xyz"'s second comment for that article), "xyz" also posted another comment:
transitioning.org/2017/02/15/inside-the-mind-of-a-desperate-depressed-jobless-pmet/comment-page-1/#comment-5453286

"xyz says:
February 17, 2017 at 1:40 am

I’ve also been jobless for 8 years liao. However I’ve been lucky in certain choices as well as lucky breaks. E.g. started in good-paying jobs, started investing early in blue-chip dividend stocks, worked mostly in civil service which insulated me against the major job recessions in 1997/98 and 2001-2004, NO KIDS, NO CAR, bought my properties during the property lows of 1998 & 2004, able to pay off my mortgages quickly. Have been receiving monthly average of 5-figure income from stock dividends & rental without having to touch the principal which have also grown quite a bit. I’ve been doing temp & contract jobs on & off for past few years due to boredom. I wouldn’t be able to do what I’m doing if any of the “good luck” factors didn’t happen the way they did.
"

If he's receiving, let's say, S$10,000 of dividend income every month, that's S$120,000 every year.
If that's 10% of the current market value of his shareholdings, then their current market value would be S$1.2 million.
If that's 5% of the current market value of his shareholdings, then their current market value would be S$2.4 million.

So, if he has no debt, I think it's safe to say that he has a financial net worth of at least S$2 million, especially since he owns an investment property:

very good investigative CSI job.. there is some sinkie low life who say that this is fake. Maybe his ego cannot handle it so it has to be fake.