• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Guns and Roses Concert, what a fucking waste of time and money

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was there too, what to expect from hard rock band like GNR, it's not easy to maintain those vocals when singing live at this age, unfair to compare with Eagles or Paul McCartney...

Oh you were there too? It was a good one, but i am kinda pissed that they advertised Slash's first performance as a once in a life time too thing back then. They did the same shit with him again on stage with Axl who pretty is pretty much a fat fuck now as compared to this

[video=youtube;oKw4HWNFN2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKw4HWNFN2Y[/video]

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are expecting good music it's better to buy the CD. Live gigs are for experiencing the energy of the venue. Just like watching a football match at home or in a sold out stadium.

I think we have all forgotten what to expect at a live gig

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is the opposite - people do remember the high energy of a live gig and hoping the same but stars have grown old and are struggling.

If you are expecting good music it's better to buy the CD. Live gigs are for experiencing the energy of the venue. Just like watching a football match at home or in a sold out stadium.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yeah. Dylan's voice has been scratchy for years now. But his musicians are excellent and at least he isn't a fat slob.

Yeah, November Rain is supposed to be
done with a full orchestra. Of course, they did not have one. So, that part of the song was just a recording. I think half the time, Rose's singing was unintelligible. Can't understand what he is saying with all his screeching. I guess they couldn't get Steven Adler to join them. he might have helped the whole performance.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It depends, some groups still sound damn good. I saw the Eagles a few years ago, and Timothy B Schmid can still hit the high notes. even Joe Walsh sounded good even with all his heavy drugs use and drinking. Glen Frey and Don Henley sound the same. These are professionals who take care of their health and vocal chords. Glen Frey was a health freak until he died. But I don't think Rose protected his money maker vocal chord.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Oh you were there too? It was a good one, but i am kinda pissed that they advertised Slash's first performance as a once in a life time too thing back then. They did the same shit with him again on stage with Axl who pretty is pretty much a fat fuck now as compared to this

[video=youtube;oKw4HWNFN2Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKw4HWNFN2Y[/video]

I was shocked to see him so fat. what happened to him? Was he fat like that for a while? Usually the drug addiction keeps them skinny.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was shocked to see him so fat. what happened to him? Was he fat like that for a while? Usually the drug addiction keeps them skinny.

Around ten years ago with the 'reformed' GNR (Axl + ah kow ah neow) he already looked like a fat fuck, one groupie friend who saw his live concert at Tokyo and Australia mentioned that Axl looks fatter and different in the 2000s. The heavy drug addiction was a make believe image, he was a heavy drinker but not a heavy drug user, which probably explains the pounds.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it is the opposite - people do remember the high energy of a live gig and hoping the same but stars have grown old and are struggling.

we can't expect the same level of performance from Michael owen and Lee sharpe at an EPL masters exhibition match

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It depends, some groups still sound damn good. I saw the Eagles a few years ago, and Timothy B Schmid can still hit the high notes. even Joe Walsh sounded good even with all his heavy drugs use and drinking. Glen Frey and Don Henley sound the same. These are professionals who take care of their health and vocal chords. Glen Frey was a health freak until he died. But I don't think Rose protected his money maker vocal chord.

it's all to do with their style on stage. Even the Red hot chilli peppers aren't as dynamic on stage now.

The only old fuck who can still scream is that Acdc lead singer. Then again, he probably traded his soul to the Devil for that voice

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess Axl Rose is now Axl Roast.

3pzdxl.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GNR is way past their expiry date,why are they still trying to sing?They are not as legendary as the other rock bands anyway,more of a modernish rock kinda late to the party....If it was led Zeppelin or pink floyd or the who or the doors or deep purple or credence Clearwater or Crosby stills or dire straits or Genesis I would definitely pay to see these guys no matter how old they are.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
GNR is way past their expiry date,why are they still trying to sing?They are not as legendary as the other rock bands anyway,more of a modernish rock kinda late to the party....If it was led Zeppelin or pink floyd or the who or the doors or deep purple or credence Clearwater or Crosby stills or dire straits or Genesis I would definitely pay to see these guys no matter how old they are.

bands who have good harmony like the eagles, Simon and Garfunkel, the beatles (if they were all still alive) tend to last a long time. Bands that have a screaming lead vocal like the Rolling Stones or GNR live and die with their frontman's voice. Having said that, Sting's voice which is used on a lot of higher pitch songs is still very good.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a live gig comes with the irritant sound quality (over-modulation), spontaneity / energy of the performers, comparing the looks of the artist in real life vs what he/she looks in the album covers with the studio sound quality, the "i was there" and the all-embracing 'to soak up the atmosphere" experience - think air supply, engelbert and the recent james taylor gigs.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are proper musicians and crooners.

People always expect GnR to come along with drama and attitude. And it's not worth the $500 ticket price now

Worth! You accuse whiners for not being real fans. That makes you better than everyone else. Rare opportunity. Very worth!

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never for once even thought of going to these old fuckers concert. Better give my money to old beggers on the street least they appreciate you.

American are finished dirty old crack city not eorth living there. Infrastructures are bad better live in Singapore and China or new up coming citys like Cambodia and Vietnam.

Fuck the old American shitheads.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's all to do with their style on stage. Even the Red hot chilli peppers aren't as dynamic on stage now.

The only old fuck who can still scream is that Acdc lead singer. Then again, he probably traded his soul to the Devil for that voice

sinkies should avoid adele's and mariah carey's tours if they are so hung up on vocal performance. tours are to make money and not 100% to please the ears of fans. must go to these concerts with the objective of being physically there to meet other fans and being near the idol. whether they lip sync or not or miss a beat or get pitchy doesn't matter. in u.s. fans make use of the opportunity to eye other fans to get laid, take drugs, let loose and dress wierd for the occasion (like lady gaga's fans). half way through most fans are not even listening to vocals anymore but the tunes and getting high on drugs assisted by the loud music and dissonance rolled into one. adele made so many mistakes in her last concert but nobody cared. the best one so far is actually from a pinoy.....bruno mars. yeah, his concert is flawless but again nobody cares if there's a mistake, a lousy pitch, a bad note or too. it's live art and there's no such thing as a mistake in live art. just don't attend the next one if a sinkie thinks heshe is shortchanged, but unfortunately for sinkies, not too many opportunities to attend a plethora of great concerts.

Last edited: