• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Guns and Roses Concert, what a fucking waste of time and money

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
What the fuck happened to axel? He looks like one of those dirty angmo fat bastards that SPGs always hang around. Not only is he fat, his voice is totally gone. It was painful listening to "Welcome to the Jungle". Must be the drugs and drinking and partying. Other groups like the Eagles can keep their vocals still sounding good. even Paul McCartney is not that bad, even though he is off his peak. But Rose is no where near his heyday. His voice is maybe 50% at best. Watching him bounce around the stage, I thought he might fall on his fat ass. And Slash is fat too. Holy shit, you can't see his Adam's Apple due to his huge double chin. The only redeeming feature was the length of the concert and the fact they played some covers of other songs that don't require Rose to go high range. November Rain has to be done with an orchestra, and not Rose screeching at the end.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I was a big fan of GNR, Slash was the reason i loved GNR and not Axl Rose. I caught Slash live at Fort Canning a few years ago, a lot more low profile but still happening.

I did not care for this concert at all, saw it all on FB by some friends who paid and went. For all those who contributed to GNR reunited/retirement fund, good on you. $500 a bottle wine and crack cocaine is not cheap, old rockers need all the help they can get to pay for it throughout their golden years.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Learnt my lesson long time ago. Go to concerts when they are in their prime. Listen to old time greats in the comfort of your home, late at night sipping a single malt.

Then again, people go to these retirement concerts to be noticed, to tell their friends and keep the ticket etc. I know of a lady who is her 60s who has been attending these sort of concerts for the last 20 years. Claims to be hardcore fan but her friends tell me it was not the case. Also claims to be diehard Stars Wars fan and has been collecting opening night tickets etc. 20 years ago when I first met her, she had no idea about Lucas and the Star Wars was already on the scene for 15 years.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I was a big fan of GNR, Slash was the reason i loved GNR and not Axl Rose. I caught Slash live at Fort Canning a few years ago, a lot more low profile but still happening.

I did not care for this concert at all, saw it all on FB by some friends who paid and went. For all those who contributed to GNR reunited/retirement fund, good on you. $500 a bottle wine and crack cocaine is not cheap, old rockers need all the help they can get to pay for it throughout their golden years.

when u are in a boring place like zikapore, and not many bands want to come here, what to do? This kind of standard would be booed in LA. They just do this Asian tour to milk the money from the suckers who go, sad to say I am one of them. If I am in the US, I will make it a point to attend some concerts. I think the concerts here are a second rate version of what they run in their home countries.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
GNR is not active in issuing new albums. Maybe that is why the standard drop. Groups like U2 and Depeche Mode has been actively churning out albums. Maybe their concert might be much better.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Learnt my lesson long time ago. Go to concerts when they are in their prime. Listen to old time greats in the comfort of your home, late at night sipping a single malt.

Then again, people go to these retirement concerts to be noticed, to tell their friends and keep the ticket etc. I know of a lady who is her 60s who has been attending these sort of concerts for the last 20 years. Claims to be hardcore fan but her friends tell me it was not the case. Also claims to be diehard Stars Wars fan and has been collecting opening night tickets etc. 20 years ago when I first met her, she had no idea about Lucas and the Star Wars was already on the scene for 15 years.

When in their prime no one would want come to Peesai. Just doesn't make economic sense.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
concert was held at changi exhibition centre. Hear that it was badly organized. Like drinks only had 2 locations so queues were super long etc.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck happened to axel? He looks like one of those dirty angmo fat bastards that SPGs always hang around. Not only is he fat, his voice is totally gone. It was painful listening to "Welcome to the Jungle". Must be the drugs and drinking and partying. Other groups like the Eagles can keep their vocals still sounding good. even Paul McCartney is not that bad, even though he is off his peak. But Rose is no where near his heyday. His voice is maybe 50% at best. Watching him bounce around the stage, I thought he might fall on his fat ass. And Slash is fat too. Holy shit, you can't see his Adam's Apple due to his huge double chin. The only redeeming feature was the length of the concert and the fact they played some covers of other songs that don't require Rose to go high range. November Rain has to be done with an orchestra, and not Rose screeching at the end.

Yeah. Dylan's voice has been scratchy for years now. But his musicians are excellent and at least he isn't a fat slob.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever tried singing guns and roses songs in k'ok? Not easy. Paul McCartney and eagles not high pitch and energy as g n r.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just wondering is the crowd mostly all uncle and aunties ?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
when u are in a boring place like zikapore, and not many bands want to come here, what to do? This kind of standard would be booed in LA. They just do this Asian tour to milk the money from the suckers who go, sad to say I am one of them. If I am in the US, I will make it a point to attend some concerts. I think the concerts here are a second rate version of what they run in their home countries.

You prefer to stay in Singapore. Nuff said.

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was there too, what to expect from hard rock band like GNR, it's not easy to maintain those vocals when singing live at this age, unfair to compare with Eagles or Paul McCartney...