• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Playing the victim ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its common knowledge that LGBT has higher % of drug use and it has led to unfortunate deaths. Society can ignore these and let them descend to depths which would inevitably lead to more deaths. Partners are being forced to take drugs to allow higher level of sexual experience. LGBT community has fought hard to stop aids and now their focus is the use of drugs for heightened sexual experience an endurance but that is not enough. We all have to help.

If this idiot has any brains he should be wondering why Koe did what he did. He should also know that the homophobic lot would be more than glad to see the LGBT community consumed by their own level of ignorance and applaud their death from drugs.

http://www.theindependent.sg/the-vitriol-and-scorn-heaped-on-stuart-koe-is-disappointing/The vitriol and scorn heaped on Stuart Koe is disappointing
February 24, 20171623

I received many messages about Dr Stuart Koe’s court case in the news. The sentiments run the gamut of shock, dismay to even self-indulgent gloating. I won’t be posting any of them. In the purposes of full disclosure, let me explain why.

I first met Stuart after my ORD. For some unfathomable reason, Stuart saw past the angry youth who worked as a full time dancer, as someone with a potential in marketing. He offered me my first ‘proper’ job as part of the team in Fridae and my life changed since then. Today I’m a professional in the communications industry, working with global brands both domestically and regionally. The wealth of experience I have garnered since would not have been possible if Stuart hadn’t seen something in me worth developing.

And it was my time in Fridae that seeded my involvement with the gay community. Being part of such a groundbreaking endeavour opened my eyes to the possibilities of the gay community in Singapore and I have never left that behind. When I look back on that period of time, I marvel at Stuart’s vision, which was a little ahead of its time. Although gay personals sites were a dime a dozen by the time Fridae sputtered out, none really came close in terms of creating real communities both locally and in the region. And it’s that sort community forging that I find lacking in today’s world of apps. In both the gay community and myself personally, Stuart always had an interesting and optimistic view, one he sought to uplift and did, through his many contributions.

(Read also: Gay community expresses mixed feelings about prominent activist charged for drug crime)

Which is why the vitriol and scorn heaped upon him now is disappointing. And it cuts both ways. I wish we could have been there for him. Sometimes when someone is such a public figure, it is all the more harder for one to reach out for help and whether he knew it or not, he probably could have used some. And that goes for all of us within the community, a label we are so happy to pay lip service to but practise so little in reality. We all know about the rampant drug use amongst us but what else? It is all too easy to be dismissive of those who have fallen prey to drugs as people who are weak but who amongst us are not?

We all have our private trials and tribulations. We all have our flaws, and our failures. We are not helping those amongst us in need, if we all pretend that there isn’t a problem, or simply write each other off.

In the last few years of my work within the community, I have been confronted by those who feel that talking about such issues somehow “paints a bad picture” of the gay community, and some of the more honest and raw stories here do us all a disservice. Probably has to do with the Asian mindset of not wanting to air one’s dirty laundry in public (in this case the “public” being a slightly homophobic society), but my take is that talking about such issues makes us all more mature as a community.

We could all use a little more sympathy and empathy amongst us, not just because we are gay or lesbian, but simply because we are all human. So if you know someone who could benefit from some help today, or if you could use some yourself, don’t wait. Reach out. If you don’t know how, there are excellent resources like Oogachaga or Action for Aids. Or simply write in and I’ll lend a listening ear.

XOXO
GC

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This alternative gender crap is getting out of control.,,,,first it is accepting these minorities,,now its they have drug abuse must help them..what is next? they can choose to be normal and fit into society or they can live on the fringe,,but if they chose the fringe,,they accept all the problems that come with it..its unfair that the majority of society must cater to this minority needs,,,which is nothing but the tyranny of the minority,,,,

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This alternative gender crap is getting out of control.,,,,first it is accepting these minorities,,now its they have drug abuse must help them..what is next? they can choose to be normal and fit into society or they can live on the fringe,,but if they chose the fringe,,they accept all the problems that come with it..its unfair that the majority of society must cater to this minority needs,,,which is nothing but the tyranny of the minority,,,,

Prisons are built to cater to the needs of the minority. The majority of us don't go to jails.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No point throwing them into prisons,,,cost tax payers a bomb,,,but a line need to be drawn to stand up against this tyrannic oppression by the minority

Prisons are built to cater to the needs of the minority. The majority of us don't go to jails.