• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Flossing vs using slim plastic toothpick

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Visited dentist and he keep asking me to floss. Told him i use slim plastic toothpick that is much easier to perform the task but he didn't want to answer and insists must floss or else will regret.
I do not think there is any difference with it except slim plastic toothpick is cheaper and more convenient. Some good quality bamboo toothpick also do the task as good.
Is it flossing more high class ? Or I suspect maybe they know people will anyhow Pui after using toothpick ?
BTW what u all do after using toothpick to dig ?
1. Swallow back.
2. Pui anywhere
3. Depend on location. If public place just anyhow Pui , if at home Pui into dirty areas.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Visited dentist and he keep asking me to floss. Told him i use slim plastic toothpick that is much easier to perform the task but he didn't want to answer and insists must floss or else will regret.
I do not think there is any difference with it except slim plastic toothpick is cheaper and more convenient. Some good quality bamboo toothpick also do the task as good.
Is it flossing more high class ? Or I suspect maybe they know people will anyhow Pui after using toothpick ?
1. Swallow back.
2. Pui anywhere
3. Depend on location. If public place just anyhow Pui , if at home Pui into dirty areas.

yeah lah. Heck care what the dentist says man. Just do what you want to do. I mean you are the one paying him, what does the stupid dentist know right? Customer is always right.

Same goes for doctors. If you hear something your doctor tells you that you don't like and/or don't agree with, he/she must be a stupid doctor!

Only those doctors and dentists that tell you everything you want to hear are the bestest!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah lah. Heck care what the dentist says man. Just do what you want to do. I mean you are the one paying him, what does the stupid dentist know right? Customer is always right.

Same goes for doctors. If you hear something your doctor tells you that you don't like and/or don't agree with, he/she must be a stupid doctor!

Only those doctors and dentists that tell you everything you want to hear are the bestest!

I care what the dentist said but he didn't want to answer my question.
Looks like have to ask him liao.

lim-swee-say-toothpick.jpg

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I care what the dentist said but he didn't want to answer my question.
Looks like have to ask him liao.

lim-swee-say-toothpick.jpg

The dentist smart mah dowan to disagree with you so tai chi the answer away by ignoring it.

Cos he know if he say plastic toothpick cannot make it lah then you would answer :

1. Swallow back.
2. Pui anywhere

Then dentist say what? yeah lah use plastic toothpick better lah.

Nowadays consultancy biz is about endorsing and confirming client's opinions and views. Never offer something they do not want to hear.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
chootchiew......we had a similar conversation back from before right?

That one was about doctor.........

sama sama attitude you have which is common with everyone else including myself.

Heck care what these professionals tell you lah. You go to them they are supposed to agree with what you say not you go follow what they advise.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The dentist smart mah dowan to disagree with you so tai chi the answer away by ignoring it.

Cos he know if he say plastic toothpick cannot make it lah then you would answer :

1. Swallow back.
2. Pui anywhere

Then dentist say what? yeah lah use plastic toothpick better lah.

Nowadays consultancy biz is about endorsing and confirming client's opinions and views. Never offer something they do not want to hear.

Means what ? Both smart ? Both gong? He smart I gong or I smart he gong ?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are certain crevices in the gum and inbetween teeth that the slimmest (waist) of a toothbrush cannot reach and thoroughly clean. there's a dental product out there that helps with gum cleaning - it's not available in sg. the removable inserts allow you to scrape guck in between gum and teeth. for deep cleaning, which i recommend at least once every year, you need to see a dentist. check your gum pockets. if they're pouchy, it means you have loads of dental shit stuck in there.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are certain crevices in the gum and inbetween teeth that the slimmest (waist) of a toothbrush cannot reach and thoroughly clean. there's a dental product out there that helps with gum cleaning - it's not available in sg. the removable inserts allow you to scrape guck in between gum and teeth. for deep cleaning, which i recommend at least once every year, you need to see a dentist. check your gum pockets. if they're pouchy, it means you have loads of dental shit stuck in there.

The dentist said using floss to move up & down, side by side to remove all the dirt around gum and teeth which the good plastic toothpick will do the same job . I do not mean simply use toothpick to dig out and that's it .
As for deep cleansing , yes regular visits 6mths per year is recommended to prevent cavity building.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The dentist said using floss to move up & down, side by side to remove all the dirt around gum and teeth which the good plastic toothpick will do the same job . I do not mean simply use toothpick to dig out and that's it .
As for deep cleansing , yes regular visits 6mths per year is recommended to prevent cavity building.

floss will not remove 100% but it's better than a toothpick if you know how to floss effectively. it's to help you clean visible section of gum and teeth on a daily basis in order to avoid more deep cleaning and a host of other issues like decay, plaque and gum disease. both floss and toothpick cannot remove shit and stains deep inside gum. for that dentist will numb one side of mouth and go very deep. tissue and teeth may be impacted and blood will flow. it will require at least 3 hours to recover from numbness so you can eat on one side. like that also don't know. bodoh lah.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
floss will not remove 100% but it's better than a toothpick if you know how to floss effectively. it's to help you clean visible section of gum and teeth on a daily basis in order to avoid more deep cleaning and a host of other issues like decay, plaque and gum disease. both floss and toothpick cannot remove shit and stains deep inside gum. for that dentist will numb one side of mouth and go very deep. tissue and teeth may be impacted and blood will flow. it will require at least 3 hours to recover from numbness so you can eat on one side. like that also don't know. bodoh lah.

the selling point for floss over toothpick is definitely along this line. But given 2 usage methods of
1. Floss nightly
2. Using toothpick to dig and
"Toothpick floss" immediately after every meals

I would think the 2nd method should give better end results.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
the selling point for floss over toothpick is definitely along this line. But given 2 usage methods of
1. Floss nightly
2. Using toothpick to dig and
"Toothpick floss" immediately after every meals

I would think the 2nd method should give better end results.

Yup your dentist knows jack shit! Hey chootchiew I think you can apply to be lecturer at NUS faculty of dentistry. Serious man. How they training dentist ar? Cannot make it!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup your dentist knows jack shit! Hey chootchiew I think you can apply to be lecturer at NUS faculty of dentistry. Serious man. How they training dentist ar? Cannot make it!

I should be giving lecture to commoners and not trainees dentist . Let me explain why the 2nd method is more effective.
After every meal we "tooth pick floss" it with rinse of water and keep our gums and teeth clean most of the time, reducing the chance for any bacteria to attack the gum. Whereas a nightly floss sounds convincing but in reality the bacteria already had attack the gum in between the day.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sounds kinky! Come now eastshitndie you surely must fantasize about being a dentist don't you?

still cannot forget drs. pinoypuntang. she cleans my teeth for 69 minutes and i can see her eyes are fixated on my plaque, refusing to look away until every stain is removed. oh, the grinding, digging, and polishing. very kinky indeed. :p

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Just curious who here will go to a dentist who says Do not floss just use plastic toothpick after every meal.

It is one thing some guy says that. It is another when real dentist says the same thing.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just curious who here will go to a dentist who says Do not floss just use plastic toothpick after every meal.

It is one thing some guy says that. It is another when real dentist says the same thing.

Words coming out from a dentist mouth is mostly convincing. They have to use more hygienic terms.
So cannot just say "u can use toothpick after every meal" .instead use "u can toothpick floss it" after every meal.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Toothpick floss it! That one the best. Can interpret as use floss also can use toothpick also can.