• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Man falls from 4 storey high walkway at gateway orchard cracks floor below.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That ledge wasn't meant to be walked on or to withstand any load, not sure what purpose it serves either.
It's on the 4th floor and there's no reason to access it under normal circumstances.

Remember the HDB building in Tampines? The one where chunks are falling off. Anyone know the results of the investigation & if other buildings in that area was affected? How about the case where the ceiling fell off in someones toilet?

If they are going to build substandard structures in Spore, they should keep it simple without the unecessary extras. Any reasonable person would have assumed that the ledge was safe & would support a person's weight. I would have made that assumption but I guess I expect too much.

You are seeing all kinds of problems in Spore that would never have occured in the past. Spore has become a much deadlier place.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are seeing all kinds of problems in Spore that would never have occured in the past. Spore has become a much deadlier place.
Nonsense. What about the Hotel New World collapse in 1986? When you are biased, everything can be "adjusted" to suit to your liking. That's the trouble with forum postings.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The building owner will be liable for certain % because it appears to be a ledge and the kid obviously took it as a load bearing ledge. The kid was not playing a fool, he just attempted to retrieve his phone. I wonder who in in his right mind would build something resembling a ledge. If it is indeed a load bearing ledge and the kid fell over due to a misstep then the build owner would not be liable.

I can guarantee you that the "ledge" would no longer be there in a few weeks time.

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://fat.gfycat.com/HotSecretCony.webm

The kid died from his own stupidity. He was willing to risk his life to impress his girlfriend. I hope she will think of him from time to time while she is being fucked by some other guy a few weeks down the road.

Hi sir , tks for the video.
From it I see the kid died for showing off.
He showed his gf he can clear the soc parallel bar with a simple monkey jump.
Mixture of sadness and comedy for some people.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
So sad. I think it will be hard to blame the building management 100% as it is clear from the railings that the "ledge" was not meant to be accessed by shoppers. Some blame can be apportioned that they did not specify that the ledge cannot hold a person's weight.

It is possible that the way he vaulted also contributed to the ledge failing and breaking. Couldn't he have just climbed over carefully and slowly? Vault over like some parkour enthusiast didn't help him. Was he a parkour enthusiast?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The building owner will be liable for certain % because it appears to be a ledge and the kid obviously took it as a load bearing ledge. The kid was not playing a fool, he just attempted to retrieve his phone. I wonder who in in his right mind would build something resembling a ledge. If it is indeed a load bearing ledge and the kid fell over due to a misstep then the build owner would not be liable.
Unless the construction of the ledge has not been submitted nor approved by the BCA, or it did not comply to standard safety protocols (eg: easy access and with no railings prevention) otherwise there's nothing much the victim's family can claim liability from. And being a commercial building, I doubt the management/contractor will want to run foul of the law.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
picture of the deceased.

4UDOado.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So sad. I think it will be hard to blame the building management 100% as it is clear from the railings that the "ledge" was not meant to be accessed by shoppers. Some blame can be apportioned that they did not specify that the ledge cannot hold a person's weight.

It is possible that the way he vaulted also contributed to the ledge failing and breaking. Couldn't he have just climbed over carefully and slowly? Vault over like some parkour enthusiast didn't help him. Was he a parkour enthusiast?

Nowadays it is common to see signs warning people not to lean against the railings in the malls of Spore . I often wondered why?

Now I see why. One does not know the standard of construction in Spore & you never know if something will happen. We've had cases of doors falling off & injuring people, problem with escalators & elevators, ... In the past we took many things for granted as being safe but we are now seeing otherwise.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays it is common to see signs warning people not to lean against the railings in the malls of Spore . I often wondered why?

Now I see why. One does not know the standard of construction in Spore & you never know if something will happen. We've had cases of doors falling off & injuring people, problem with escalators & elevators, ... In the past we took many things for granted as being safe but we are now seeing otherwise.

This the consequences for bringing in 3rd world foreigners.
It simply lowered our ability and standard.

In the past where u heard about all these weird cases

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

Last time not so many people.
Nowadays so fucking crowded, I would love to see a family of shitskin indian swines leaning on the same railing with their shitlets hanging on it and making a shit load of nose...

Then suddenly it gives way.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

The kid died from his own stupidity. He was willing to risk his life to impress his girlfriend. I hope she will think of him from time to time while she is being fucked by some other guy a few weeks down the road.

This is exactly wat happens every election, Sinkies go to polls and vote PAP on their own stupidity to impress the MIW only to be screwed left, right, front and back.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal

how about you stop being a cunt and post that video in an acceptable format?

In any case, that boy looks like one arrogant singo chink who thinks his shit don't stink.
If he had survived he'd be facing questions about his vaping habit, as per the Chigger's posted picture.