• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Man falls from 4 storey high walkway at gateway orchard cracks floor below.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JUST IN: A man apparently fell from the 4th level of Orchard Gateway to the ground level this afternoon. A crack can be seen on the flooring of the 4th level. SCDF paramedics are attending to the man and have just left with him. (WATCH)https://www.facebook.com/YahooSingapore/videos/10154697251528001/Latest update: the 17 year old passed away.
cEvjvpW.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
hole in one... so did he win a car as well? i hope they remember to burn one to him

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can anyone clarify what happen. Did he fall through a hole in the 4th floor that caused him to fall 4 floors?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the picture, it seems a glass panel on the 4th floor fell off.

It wasn't a glass panel. I was there, it was some wooden board that's attached to the structure.
The kid was taking photos and his phone dropped, he jumped over onto the wooden board to retrieve the phone and it gave way.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod

Thank you for this picture cottonmouth. Understand better what might have happened.

Hole was MADE by the guy. Stepped onto the ledge which could not hold his weight, ledge broke under him he fell to his death, leaving behind the hole. So it is not like he was walking and fell into a hole on the ground that was already there.

Did he manage to save his phone?

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for this picture cottonmouth. Understand better what might have happened.

Hole was MADE by the guy. Stepped onto the ledge which could not hold his weight, ledge broke under him he fell to his death, leaving behind the hole. So it is not like he was walking and fell into a hole on the ground that was already there.

Did he manage to save his phone?

Kid must have assumed the ledge is solid and it can be walked on...

G7SY24S.jpg

That final struggle.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kid must have assumed the ledge is solid and it can be walked on...

G7SY24S.jpg

Most people would have assumed that floors are strong enough to withstand a person jumping on it.
However this incident shows that the quality of material used in Sporeare is of inferior quality. This is something like the falling window cases that HDB dwellers face.

People living in Spore better be careful. Make sure to look left, right, below and above before taking a step:eek:

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people would have assumed that floors are strong enough to withstand a person jumping on it.
However this incident shows that the quality of material used in Sporeare is of inferior quality. This is something like the falling window cases that HDB dwellers face.

People living in Spore better be careful. Make sure to look left, right, below and above before taking a step:eek:

That ledge wasn't meant to be walked on or to withstand any load, not sure what purpose it serves either.
It's on the 4th floor and there's no reason to access it under normal circumstances.

orchard.png

orchard-central-ledge-data.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Darwin has taken care of someone who is dumb enough to risk life and limb for a stupid phone.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case, the management will not be at fault because that area is not meant for public access and there are already proper railings to prevent as such. The ledge was made of plaster board (like my house's false ceiling) and definitely is unable to take a person's weight, especially if he had jumped onto it.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Darwin has taken care of someone who is dumb enough to risk life and limb for a stupid phone.

It is not the phone. It is the contents in the phone that is worth risking your life to get it back.

I have seen people going hysterical when they lose their phone, as though their whole lives will collapse without it.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is not the phone. It is the contents in the phone that is worth risking your life to get it back.

I have seen people going hysterical when they lose their phone, as though their whole lives will collapse without it.

Not backed up? That makes things even worse .... what a a dumbo.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The CCTV footage is out, now I'm wondering the phone belongs to the guy or his girlfriend... :p:p:p
Where's Tony?