• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious JLB Indranee: Raise your salary to cope with rising cost of living!

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
In response to Singaporeans complaining about the hefty 30% increase in water prices, Minister of State for Finance Indranee Rajah said in a radio interview:

“You can put it off this year. But then next year you don’t know what the economy will be like. You sometimes just have to bite the bullet and say, this is a critical resource, you’ve got to ensure future supply, so the time to do it is now.

There is never actually “a good time” to raise water prices. We’ve looked at this, and this is the appropriate time going forward, because we’re planning for the future and the levels at the Linggiu Dam were a good reminder of this.”

Despite being responsible for the water price increase, Minister Indranee praised her government for helping the poor:

“That is why you’ve got measures like the GST U-Save, GST special cash payment … these are measures which are targeted at those who are having some difficulty in managing the increase in cost.”

In a question posed by a radio listener over the rising cost of living due to the water price increase, Minister Indranee Rajah told Singaporeans to raise their salaries instead:

“It all comes back to how people can increase their incomes, and how the revenue that comes into the household can be increased so all the other things can be managed.”

9b3.png

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am going to raise my prices tomorrow. It's the only way I can cope with the rising of living and water prices. I need more money to keep up the appearances and with the Jones.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is she asking for a pay rise ?

You already know, people of a certain type, " have forked tongue"....water tariffs had not risen for 17 years or so?? "forked tongue" is saying....." my salary & my gang salaries had not risen for a long time", to cope with the increases...Pay & Pay more...get it??

You are a salaried worker, your boss(s) are affected by the increases too...you think, they will raise your salary?....they will look, for betterest, cheaper & faster worker....& there are truckloads of them out there...increase your salary...this ah neh is talking nonsense...if your boss does not get rid of us ...I worry!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how about becoming self sustainable instead?im planning on installing solar panels,charge controller and battery bank in my hdb for free electricity,a atmospheric water generator for free water and start a vertical hydroponics farm in my kitchen for free vegetables,and borrow my neighbour's wifi signal for free wifi,and move to east coast park for free rent.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkees should raise their incomes by robbing her every month. Make her fork out her outrageous pay to sinkees.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
these ministars only know how to talk> times are bad , how do you ask for a raise. they never seem to know how hard life is for the ordinary sinkies. all they know is group think.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
What she says makes absolute sense. I have always found that complaining about price increases is counter productive. It is far better to channel time and energy into increasing my income instead.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
What she says makes absolute sense. I have always found that complaining about price increases is counter productive. It is far better to channel time and energy into increasing my income instead.

She's stating the obvious, that's the beef.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only you can convince the numerous PAP haters here in your forum.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I've never stopped investing for the long term because as a Sporean living in Spore, price hikes by the PAP is the norm :rolleyes:

Other than investing I've also been staying out of Spore & it has saved me $$ :smile:
Don't forget that you can have the same affect as a salary increase if you can reduce your costs e.g. staying out of Spore & shopping in Malaysia, Thailand,...etc

The queues to JB might be longer than in the past but it gets more satisfying because you save more. Anyway what other things can retirees do in Spore :confused: Even without the price increases, Spore has become a boring place.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
we hope to see people beginning to hv free shower in schools, clubs, offices, etc before they get home. this are ways to demonstrate our unhappinness.
But Sinkees wont.
I hv known of elites doing that in country clubs 2 times a day.
Govt should penalise the mass car owners instead.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we hope to see people beginning to hv free shower in schools, clubs, offices, etc before they get home. this are ways to demonstrate our unhappinness.
But Sinkees wont.
I hv known of elites doing that in country clubs 2 times a day.
Govt should penalise the mass car owners instead.

LHL is obviously not a golfer because gov't has been taking back the land from these golf courses & pretty soon these clubs will become social clubs rather than country clubs. Some of the elites must be unhappy with this.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...lub-after-lease-expires-at-telok-blangah-site
http://www.sla.gov.sg/Portals/0/Newsletter/landMar14/article-01.html

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a question posed by a radio listener over the rising cost of living due to the water price increase, Minister Indranee Rajah told Singaporeans to raise their salaries instead:
“It all comes back to how people can increase their incomes, and how the revenue that comes into the household can be increased so all the other things can be managed.”

ah leong sam ahh,
what u said is partially korrec
as the majority of the slaves don't have the means nor the opportunity
to increase their income.
except , maybe , working 12 hours a day

what intraknee and you suggested is akin
to what humplimau said many years ago :
if chicken is expensive , eat fish.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah leong sam ahh,
what u said is partially korrec
as the majority of the slaves don't have the means nor the opportunity
to increase their income.
except , maybe , working 12 hours a day

what intraknee and you suggested is akin
to what humplimau said many years ago :
if chicken is expensive , eat fish.

If the poor don't have bread,let them eat cake.