• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Rate of Bankruptcy Discharge at Record High - Really?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes very sad........... looks like sg is in a cesspool or rotting like hell

(REVISED) OPEN LETTER TO MINISTER OF LAW

Dear Minister Shanmugam:

I refer to the details relating to recent bankruptcy discharges. It raises serious concerns as listed below:

1. Is there under-staffing in Insolvency Office plus unqualified personnel handling bankruptcy matters resulting in over poor management of bankrupts to the gross disadvantage of judgement creditors? If so what is being done about it?

2. Why are governmental agencies like IRAS, CPF, OA, etc paid first before judgement creditors who afterall has paid for and seeded the entire matter? At best these agencies can rank pari pasu to judgement creditors NOT ahead of them making our bankruptcy laws subject of joke in financial circle.

3. After preferred “creditors” in government are paid, there is no incentive but for OA to push for discharge of bankrupts even though there is little or no payment to bona fide creditors. Is this fair especially there are also expenses incurred during bankruptcy.

4. Is it true that creditors, besides provision of tipoffs are required to furnish proof of PI quality to the OA office? Why is the Field Enforcement Unit in OA office dismantled when there is still a need for it?

5. There were cases of bankrupts being discharged despite breaking serious OA rules regarding overseas travel without OA approval. Why have such rule when the infraction does not count as NO cooperation given to OA which is one cardinal criterion for discharge?

6. When OA is made aware with clear evidence of lying under oath in bankrupt’s affidavits will his discharge still proceed? Will OA as an arm of mLaw take action forward matter for action to be taken against the recalcitrant bankrupt for criminal offence of PERJURY?? If so how many bankrupts have been convicted?

7. In most big cases of bankruptcy there are residue assets. How, if at all, are the asset inventoried and acted upon? If not why not?

8. Does it make sense that a bankrupt earning $3000 and $8000 pays only$50 & $150 to the bankruptcy estate? Also when there was consideration given to support his children who later grow up, got married and are gainfully employed why is there no matching arrangement for the children to help pay contribution increase? When children grow up are they allowed to bring in, in somewhat revolving door fashion, parents, parents-in-laws, grandparents etc to take the places of their children? Creditors are kept being denied of fair payment but the system is both deaf or silent on this scenario.

9. Bankrupts are protected from having their HDB home and CPF liquidated to repay creditiors. There are recalcitrant bankrupts who juggled HDB & CPF to hide their assets by re-selling first to parents (without paying their bankrupt offspring so as to hide the assets from creditors) and later upon undeserving discharge, buy back from their parents using funds from their OA protected CPF often at exhorbitant prices way above market norm. This roundtripping can free up million plus dollars for the bankrupts to cheat creditors again. Why is OA not aware?? of such game being played? Is anything being done to plug the gaping loophole? To help bankrupt return to normalcy is noble but to assist them to game the system and defraud lenders is despicable.

10. All bankrupts drive on the sly with cars at their disposal...... bought with their money by their proxies as they are not allowed to own car. Why is OA blind to this malpractise? Why should not their driving license be detained or Field Enforcement checks out the car mostly parked at place of work and in car park at home. Some of their creditors are taken public transport after being cheated of their savings, why should bankrupts enjoy the luxury of driving when they should be paying more to their creditors?????

11. Creditors/lenders whether local/foreign have always been given the indelible impression that our bankruptcy laws are robust OR at least befitting that of a Financial Hub. Is this an eyewash or a shining apple grown rotten?

Yours truly
Puzzled & Frustrated

When I first read the article in Straits Times I was very impressed with the good job OA office was doing, I was satisfied that the high salaries and bonuses we are paying to the big wigs or smaller are worth it. This is worldclass management of bankrupts giving much values to investors both foreign and local. Alas when I read what Boss_555 has written I was shocked! Never have I seen such gross mis-management of any organisation certified with ISO 9000 - I suggest OA surenders its certification - it is a laughing stock. What is worse it that with MSM's help, the cesspool got renovated and transformed into smelling roses.
Bankrupt like boss of Advance Gravis who cheated some 10 million dollars from banks, suppliers and others only paid $50 monthly towards his estate for distribution to his creditors... laughable isn't it? Last heard was that he our waited all and got a discharge and now live happily ever after zipping in a Merc sports car parked mostly in Mini Toons in Ubi Tech Park and stays in a fully aircondition apartment... how's for full protection to bankrupts??? F...k OA and the other bunch of JLBs

I am now beginning to wonder what else did I missed? What are the dirt not told to us about Melayu ePrez, car-lite, parking fee hikes, 30% water, electricity etc.. what is the big picture? Govt or MSM will never tell us and we got to go behind the scene, dig deeper to piece together the puzzles.
The rots have set in and I don't see any future in sg with this gangsters in charge.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our MSM has reported on 17 Feb that bankrupts have been discharged at record rate in 2016 attributing to reasons which are not entirely true. In fact the article appears to have hidden agenda putting feathers in the cap of Official Assignee office when they are really cowgrass blades or torns – the situation there is in fact in a mess and chaotic. Like many fake news we are bombarded with, news are scrubbed to give unsuspecting shine and glow to the audience locally and globally - fake news?

Why and how so?

1.OA Staffing: over the decades while bankruptcy cases grew, manpower at Insolvency Office remained static. Worse, the quality of operatives deteriorated from bad to worse with weak supervision and control plus unmotivated attitudes. They are under qualified and unskilled. A visit to the office will give impression of the people and atmosphere there. It is therefore not surprising that when highest level edicted to forcefully increase bankruptcy discharges, the criteria are geometricall relaxed with the floodgates opened wide letting escaped the undeserving and diehard cheats cum bankrupts… resulting in recent years of many undeserved get discharged in gross unfairness to judgement creditors; unfortunately in the process discrediting the standing of Singapore as a trusted Financial Hub with proclaimed strong protections for lenders and creditors. Now it is another Caveat Emptor!......

While barnkruptcy grew some five fold.......headcount at OA remained
compare to AGC which had headcount increased some 43 percent totalling some 440 expensive jerks chasing papers and bullying sgian

Why the friggin disparity??? F...king papigs

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I first read the article in Straits Times I was very impressed with the good job OA office was doing, I was satisfied that the high salaries and bonuses we are paying to the big wigs or smaller are worth it. This is worldclass management of bankrupts giving much values to investors both foreign and local. Alas when I read what Boss_555 has written I was shocked! Never have I seen such gross mis-management of any organisation certified with ISO 9000 - I suggest OA surenders its certification - it is a laughing stock. What is worse it that with MSM's help, the cesspool got renovated and transformed into smelling roses.
Bankrupt like boss of Advance Gravis who cheated some 10 million dollars from banks, suppliers and others only paid $50 monthly towards his estate for distribution to his creditors... laughable isn't it? Last heard was that he our waited all and got a discharge and now live happily ever after zipping in a Merc sports car parked mostly in Mini Toons in Ubi Tech Park and stays in a fully aircondition apartment... how's for full protection to bankrupts??? F...k OA and the other bunch of JLBs

I am now beginning to wonder what else did I missed? What are the dirt not told to us about Melayu ePrez, car-lite, parking fee hikes, 30% water, electricity etc.. what is the big picture? Govt or MSM will never tell us and we got to go behind the scene, dig deeper to piece together the puzzles.
The rots have set in and I don't see any future in sg with this gangsters in charge.

it is clear that papigs committed murders and skeletons are now anchored....... soon they will float up like 30 percent water price increase to pay for some very big blunder not admitted to yet...............