• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Rosa Daniel to head NAC - the circle is complete.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her Husband controls the Media, she the arts and with Devan Nair's son controlling Government information, the circle is complete. She is already heading National Heritage Board.

Seriously can't we find someone who has a genuine arts background that can lift this sector. Giving dead-end civil servants, Army chaps and politicians such appointments just contaminates already small pool with more rubbish. Look at Zainal Sapari and a string of establishment figures appointed to sport and arts field over the last 20 years. They can't cut the mustard and first resort is to bring in foreigners and give them citizenship.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ointed-national-arts-council-ceo/3535106.html

Rosa Huey Daniel appointed National Arts Council CEO
Posted 20 Feb 2017 20:08 Updated 21 Feb 2017 01:48
Mrs Rosa Huey Daniel, CEO of National Arts Council. (Photo: Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth)

SINGAPORE: National Heritage Board (NHB) chief executive officer (CEO) Rosa Huey Daniel will be appointed CEO of the National Arts Council (NAC) with effect from Mar 1, the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) said in a media release on Monday (Feb 20).

Mrs Daniel, 53, is currently Deputy Secretary (Culture) at MCCY. She will also continue as CEO of NHB to oversee the completion of key projects until a new CEO is appointed.

She will take over from Deputy CEO Paul Tan, who has been acting CEO since Kathy Lai stepped down from the position in October 2016.

At MCCY, Mrs Daniel oversees policy formulation and implementation in the arts and culture sector. The ministry added that over the past four years, she has been closely involved with key initiatives in the arts and culture, including the establishment of the Visual Arts Cluster of museums, the opening of the National Gallery Singapore, the setting up of The Arts House Limited to spearhead the Singapore International Festival of Arts, and the launch of the Cultural Matching Fund.

She also led the SG50 Programme Office secretariat to work on key cultural programmes for SG50 celebrations in 2015.

"Mrs Daniel has a strong interest in arts and heritage, and a strong ability to connect with diverse stakeholders," said MCCY in its statement. "Her concurrent appointment as Deputy Secretary (Culture) will also provide greater synergy between the ministry’s role in shaping the wider cultural and heritage landscape, and NAC’s role in taking the Singapore arts scene forward."

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A nice lady and quite pretty in her younger days. Tall, graceful and speaks excellent English. There was one day many years ago that I have to attend a meeting with her. She was driving her car and asked me if I could take over the wheel. I declined as I dislike to drive another person's car. She was a lousy driver then with poor sense of road direction. As a result, we were very late for the meeting.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serve as a reminded to their Dogs, stay loyal and you be well looked after even if your are of no added value to your Master.

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
A nice lady and quite pretty in her younger days. Tall, graceful and speaks excellent English.

I don't believe.

rosa-huey-daniel-ceo-of-national-arts-council-1.jpg

koKSia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our arts scene are ran by collectors and profit-oriented sycophants. They bring in angmohs to make the place look and sound important, nothing more. Real local arts practitioners are neglected and the scene is pretty much dead.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Look at the money spent on the Bin centre. Those in the Arts scene began moving away from NAC sometime ago, preferring to hold private exhibitions, events etc. I was disappointed with Tommy when I found out that after his departure he got his son into the organisation.

Our arts scene are ran by collectors and profit-oriented sycophants. They bring in angmohs to make the place look and sound important, nothing more. Real local arts practitioners are neglected and the scene is pretty much dead.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Art is for profit and collection. Performing arts, how to collect? :confused: It only benefit the performers! Must snuff out the scene to prevent more productive sinkies from turning to such frivolous endeavors! :cool: