• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Zikapore Budget 2017: Water Prices To Rise 30% Over Two Years! More Rebates Pls!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
All they have to do is dispose of their assets, pay down the loans and leave. I do understand if they have no equity in the first place but most are not in that position. Yet I hear of excuses that it was easier to migrate in the 80s and 90s. They struggle to understand that the world is their oyster. Another common excuse is that they do not want to be 2nd class citizens in another country.

Don't think it is so much propaganda conditioning but a strategy trapping the young here with onerous financial commitments like overpriced HDB flats and COE for cars.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think most are not looking to migration as a one way trip. While many are keen to try other countries, they would also want Singapore to be an option in the event things do not work out overseas. While selling the car is not a problem, most would balk at selling their HDB flat for fear of taking a huge paper loss if they had to to re-purchase a new flat should they need to come back to Singapore. The huge sums of money that the State takes for house and car means that most will never be able to migrate unless they are prepared to make it a one way trip.

All they have to do is dispose of their assets, pay down the loans and leave. I do understand if they have no equity in the first place but most are not in that position. Yet I hear of excuses that it was easier to migrate in the 80s and 90s. They struggle to understand that the world is their oyster. Another common excuse is that they do not want to be 2nd class citizens in another country.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can also say that the grass is not always greener at the other side. I have 2 married nephews. 1 in Quebec and another in Hongkong. The 1 in Quebec has 3 children and wife is not working. He's in some car rims and accessories business there. However, they are still living in a rental house, probably that's the trend there I think. I don't think they are doing very well because during 1 Chinese New Year when they came back for reunion, I asked him why doesn't he comes back at least once a year to visit his parents? He told me how to afford when the air-tickets alone for 5 pax will cost near to S$10k already. Recently, I learned from his parents that he had sold his HDB flat and recoup the proceeds (whatever excess from the CPF loan) to further fund his business there.

The other in Hongkong is on a teaching contract basis. The wife though is also working in Hongkong since everything there is pretty expensive. They rent a small studio apartment in the New Territories for about S$2.4k / month. It's such a Mickey Mouse unit that when you step into the kitchen, you can only turn left and right. Not even possible to take the next step forward. My wife and I had visited them before. His job is also not very stable although the contract is for 2 years, subject to renewals. Last year, they just had a daughter and is now having much trouble to cope with the nursing as both parents are working full time. Their maid is not reliable and changes often I heard. To send her infant daughter to the government child care centre is on a long long waiting list, whilst to a private child care centre will be too expensive and it might even be more worthy for 1 of them to give up the job instead.

Another nephew of mine (my side) married a mainland Chinese woman and they are living in ZhuHai (just next to Macau). Last year, I heard he was out of job and came back to Singapore as his brother told him that there's a high chance to secure 1 here as per his qualification. Unfortunately, after several months, it failed and they are now back in ZhuHai. I'm not sure if he's employed now. Unfortunately, he now blames his brother in Singapore for "wasting his time". Another ungrateful Sinkie as I don't think it's fair to do as such, just like several forumers here, who will only blame everybody for their misfortune except themselves. On the other hand, his brother is with a local developer and is recently posted to work in Sydney, together with his wife and daughter. He had planned his future much better and is now the landlord of 2 condominium units here and I heard he plans to get a 3rd one soon. I had warned him not to over leverage his finances.

So, it's not all roses when emigrating. Also, one has to be able to integrate with the local community, both in the workplace and socially. Otherwise, it can only be hell. It's not an easy task.

Last edited:

JSlusher518

Bad news! The consequences of rising water price in not limited to water field itself, and it is also leading to rising consuming cost for products involving water. Really unlucky thing for the mortals in the recession time.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all water should be rationed from the mouth of merlion,as peasants and sinkies gather from afar with buckets and pails raised to the skies,with their dishevelled corpses and mouths agape and flies buzzing within the stench of poverty as they wait for Immortan Lee to release the floodgates and shower the Sinkies with the water of life.

[video=youtube;d605rM0U3x0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d605rM0U3x0&t=15s[/video]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
That's your fucking assumption and if the 70% will buy what you've said. Only a fucker like you will always like to create friction with the PAP, regardless of any issue. Your fucking purpose to be living in this world is to create chaos so that it can then satisfy your ego. Bloody fucking pathetic.

It's because of bastards like you who will blame everything on the government. Even if today WP will become the ruling government, you will also have your grievances because they don't work to your satisfaction. Why don't you set up a fucking party yourself and garner for votes? Fucking useless bastard.

Don't always blame others. When I lost over S$150k in unit trusts back in the late 90s, I don't blame anyone. I picked up myself again and within a period of 2 to 3 years, I made back what I've lost and with excess. This is what I called winners. Don't always blame your fucking predicament and mistakes on others and assume that you are the one that is always right. Get this right, fucker.

My purpose in life is to fuck with gong cheebyes like you. I love the pathetic way you swallow PAP sperm like a 2 bit bangla whore. Don't try and impress me with your ability to make back $150K in losses. How much backside did you have to sell, and how much blowjob you have you give to make this money, you fucking faggot cunt. Could not have been done with your brains because you don't have one. so much be done with your asshole, right? Just admit it. Only stupid shit like you will come here and ask me not to create friction with the PAP. Why? Are they doing everything perfectly so that there is no reason for friction? I think u better go back and suck your PAP crasslooter's lancheow, seems that is all you are good for, you pathetic piece of shit.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
My purpose in life is to fuck with gong cheebyes like you. I love the pathetic way you swallow PAP sperm like a 2 bit bangla whore. Don't try and impress me with your ability to make back $150K in losses. How much backside did you have to sell, and how much blowjob you have you give to make this money, you fucking faggot cunt. Could not have been done with your brains because you don't have one. so much be done with your asshole, right? Just admit it. Only stupid shit like you will come here and ask me not to create friction with the PAP. Why? Are they doing everything perfectly so that there is no reason for friction? I think u better go back and suck your PAP crasslooter's lancheow, seems that is all you are good for, you pathetic piece of shit.
Fucking bastard chow chee bye you. Not a single political party will ever suit you because you are so dumb: "Opposition Parties Must Oppose". What a big fuck man? Everyone is laughing at you do you know? Your stupidity can't be any worse than that. It reflects on your lack of education and upbringing. Your parents must have got the fuck out of you to have given birth to such an idiotic son. Hah!!! "Opposition Parties Must Oppose". This is the most stupid statement I have ever heard in my life until now. Mark me, I'll quote you forever in our future disputes. You are such a fuck to have given me this wonderful opportunity. No wonder you are even worse than Mr Bean, the same with your mother because you are inheriting her genes. What the fuck?

Only an uneducated bastard like you would have given himself such a disgusting Nick as "Papsmearer". You are really no class lah. Even a dodo bird will have a better brain than your m&d filled one. KNN, I don't know how your fucking children are laughing at you if they will come across this thread. You are such a disgrace to everyone in your family. "Opposition Parties Must Oppose". You're making my toes laughing non-stop lah. Maybe even LTK and his gang are laughing non-stop now.

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

choofed.gif

Errmm..... Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce to you the most retarded member in this forum who has insisted that "Opposition Parties Must Oppose". Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,........ Not happy right? Arrange for a meet up lah. I'm not afraid of you and I have nothing to lose. Let's see if you have the guts to follow up. As said before, I just love every moment when the PAP will continue to screw the Sinkies kao kao because Sinkies truly deserve it.

Last edited:

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
There shud be affirmative pricing
L1 for true blue sgian - tagged to water bought from Johor at rock bottom price
L2 for new shitizen - based on cost of Newater generation
L3 for ftrashes who are harvesting here
L4 all others who are responsible for breach our water supply capacity resulting in building more desalination plants for which sgian should be forced to pay...............fugg PAP

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I think most are not looking to migration as a one way trip. While many are keen to try other countries, they would also want Singapore to be an option in the event things do not work out overseas. While selling the car is not a problem, most would balk at selling their HDB flat for fear of taking a huge paper loss if they had to to re-purchase a new flat should they need to come back to Singapore. The huge sums of money that the State takes for house and car means that most will never be able to migrate unless they are prepared to make it a one way trip.
Money is not the problem with immigrants who really want to leave. It never has been. Poor people with no money have successfully emigrated to countries like US, Canada, etc. All very desirable countries. The mental attitude and toughness is everything. Unfortunately, sinkies have a kiasu mentality and have been too closeted in singapore to take the chance. they are afraid of everything. People from other countries do first and worry about it later. People in singapore worry about it first and never end up doing it.

I can guarantee you that the fear of losing money on the sale of a flat or repurchase of a flat in the event they come back to singapore is more of a mental fear then a monetary fear. A small percentage of singaporeans I have known simply gave up their citizenships, took their CPF out, sold their flats and cars and left. One opened a small grocery store in a small town near the Welsh border in the UK. This forced him to change his mindset completely and forced him to succeed in his new country, for the simple reason that he has burnt all his bridges and there is no going back. Usually the people who do this will land in their new country with six figures in their pockets to buy a much cheaper house and car and still have reserves. As well, they can speak english and have a good education thanks to the singapore education system. With so many advantages like this, you must be an idiot not to succeed.

The vast majority want to keep their sinkie passport "just in case" and always have this crutch to lean on if times get tough, so they can run back to singapore. But this means they don't put in their max effort to succeed. They are not willing to clean toilets or wash dishes. I look at my late friend Wilfred Skinner, the former Singapore National Goal keeper. He took a very bold move that many people could not understand at that time. He was a somebody in singapore. People know who he was and he was an assistant superindent in the SPF. Its a good job and he hobnob with leaders and celebrities. He gave everything up to move to Vancouver. He was a nobody in vancouver. Just doing some small renovations jobs like putting in a new a bathroom for some one as a contractor. he never intended to come back to singapore. he was willing to take all these jobs and succeed. In fact, I had to go to vancouver to see him, as he hardly bothered to come back. he did not make a lot of money, but i never saw him so happy and contended. he made enough to buy a house, which by now must be worth over a million $ if it still remained with is family. He never once had the attitude that he can always go back to singapore if it did not work out in canada. he is one of the few sinkies that openly told everyone he is leaving, including sports minister EW barker at that time. Unlike most sinkies who sneak out in the middle of night and never told anyone. If sinkies have this kind of attitude, they will never come back to singapore, regardless of how much they lose, and make sure they succeed there.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I can also say that the grass is not always greener at the other side.

For people with real ability, the grass is always greener on the other side. For people like you whose only ability it PAP cocksucking, then the grass is not greener. Got it?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money is not the problem with immigrants who really want to leave. It never has been. Poor people with no money have successfully emigrated to countries like US, Canada, etc. All very desirable countries. The mental attitude and toughness is everything. Unfortunately, sinkies have a kiasu mentality and have been too closeted in singapore to take the chance. they are afraid of everything. People from other countries do first and worry about it later. People in singapore worry about it first and never end up doing it.

I can guarantee you that the fear of losing money on the sale of a flat or repurchase of a flat in the event they come back to singapore is more of a mental fear then a monetary fear. A small percentage of singaporeans I have known simply gave up their citizenships, took their CPF out, sold their flats and cars and left. One opened a small grocery store in a small town near the Welsh border in the UK. This forced him to change his mindset completely and forced him to succeed in his new country, for the simple reason that he has burnt all his bridges and there is no going back. Usually the people who do this will land in their new country with six figures in their pockets to buy a much cheaper house and car and still have reserves. As well, they can speak english and have a good education thanks to the singapore education system. With so many advantages like this, you must be an idiot not to succeed.

The vast majority want to keep their sinkie passport "just in case" and always have this crutch to lean on if times get tough, so they can run back to singapore. But this means they don't put in their max effort to succeed. They are not willing to clean toilets or wash dishes. I look at my late friend Wilfred Skinner, the former Singapore National Goal keeper. He took a very bold move that many people could not understand at that time. He was a somebody in singapore. People know who he was and he was an assistant superindent in the SPF. Its a good job and he hobnob with leaders and celebrities. He gave everything up to move to Vancouver. He was nobody in vancouver. Just doing some small renovations jobs like putting in a new a bathroom for some one as a contractor. he never intended to come back to singapore. he was willing to take all these jobs and succeed. In fact, I had to go to vancouver to see him, as he hardly bothered to come back. he did not make a lot of money, but i never saw him so happy and contended. he made enough to buy a house, which by now must be worth over a million $ if it still remained with is family. He never once had the attitude that he can always go back to singapore if it did not work out in canada. he is one of the few sinkies that openly told everyone he is leaving, including sports minister EW barker at that time. Unlike most sinkies who sneak out in the middle of night and never told anyone. If sinkies have this kind of attitude, they will never come back to singapore, regardless of how much they lose, and make sure they succeed there.
KNN talk so much for what? Aren't you still in Sinkie Land. Talk Ki Lan Nah. "Opposition Parties Must Oppose Woh".

cuckoldoolittle

Alfrescian
Loyal
To justify the increase in price for water consumption by a hefty 30%,
you need to back it up with real solid facts and figures to show and convince
the local stake holders that you have exhaust all means to optimize clean water production
with the cheapest and betterest innovative technology and astute productivity.

But none whatsoever were forthcoming.

Rising costs has been cited as the reason which is of course another PAP half truth.
This is because costs have already been offset by higher PUB income resulting from
a 1.7 million population increase since 17 years ago.

By failing to provide supporting figures, Heng is clearly concealing some material information and therefore telling a half truth.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
For people with real ability, the grass is always greener on the other side. For people like you whose only ability it PAP cocksucking, then the grass is not greener. Got it?
"Opposition Parties Must Oppose Woh". Wow, best statement in 2017.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
L4 all others who are responsible for breach our water supply capacity resulting in building more desalination plants for which sgian should be forced to pay...............fugg PAP

Kick out all the FTs and the demand for water will drop 40% immediately. Low demand means low prices for everyone.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think start ur own country better.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all those who are sore about this 30% hike, show them your middle finger at the next GE. Otherwise, what else can you do other than to kpkb here? "Opposition Parties Must Oppose Right?".