• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Zikapore Budget 2017: Water Prices To Rise 30% Over Two Years! More Rebates Pls!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you need to differentiate those that hate the government with no or little basis and those that have repeatedly questioned the Government conduct over numerous issues. Imagine a HDB owned company refusing to provide spares parts for lifts to private contractors who service lifts in numerous HDB wards.
This is the same practice for the other private lift companies like Mitsubishi, Hitachi, etc. Each will want to protect their own turfs, not to mention the quality of service.

In addition, should it be opened to everyone, it may lead to misuse. Take the CHAS scheme as a good example. Many private GPs and dental clinics had taken advantage of the CHAS scheme by overcharging their patients and/or providing unnecessary treatments so that they can claim even more from the government. Even when asked for an itemized bill, they will tell you that their system cannot do so. What a crap? Sinkies are dishonest and selfish, no matter in what trade. Now that the government has woken up and realize this loophole, they have started to crackdown on these abuses.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
As to your second point, its a valid suggestion if Singapore was an open country like 1st World countries and even numerous 3rd world countries that do not deliberately stifle or put huge obstacles in the path of opposition politics.

We have the world's highest rate for deposit to stand as a candidate. The media is controlled by the PAP, editors have been dismissed and replaced. How do you campaign and reach out to your voters?
The above are just excuses. If you are good, effective and proven your worth, your pre-election rallies will be enough to convince the voters to vote in your favor. Look at the other Opposition Parties now. You don't really hear from them except during the few months just before an election. Some have even given up altogether, like Nicole Seah.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat National reserve? Just ret CPF as 55, possible? Who's using who to their advantage, where is the accountatibily in any ministry today. If a bust bin cost 800k to built, they surely need to hve their head examined.
Actually, at 55 years old, if you have more than S$83k in your retirement account (combination of OA and SA), together with a pledged property with a CPF loan of at least S$83k (which almost everyone should have), you will be allowed to withdraw those funds in your CPF in excess of the first S$83k. Check this out.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
As to your second point, its a valid suggestion if Singapore was an open country like 1st World countries and even numerous 3rd world countries that do not deliberately stifle or put huge obstacles in the path of opposition politics.

We have the world's highest rate for deposit to stand as a candidate. The media is controlled by the PAP, editors have been dismissed and replaced. How do you campaign and reach out to your voters?
If what you are saying applies, Potong Pasir would have never been in CST's hands before. WP would not have been what it is today. I think the onus is more on the proven capability of the individual Opposition Parties. Yes, there is 1 call for a coalition, but do you think this is ever possible? Definitely not with Sinkies. No need to look further, even the WP is having infighting among themselves in their CEC.

Everyone can have his own views within the party. Even PAP's Inderjit Singh, Lui Tuck Yew, etc, had walked out from the incumbent. No party is 100% perfect.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why do you say as such? They must have disappointed you with their performance till now. You mean to say that a good opposition can only come from those that are fully against the PAP policies? I think you are too narrow minded in this aspect. What's good can continue to be adopted, change only what's necessary.

Why don't you change your nick to "Loser", because that is all i can see from your pathetic posts. What is the definition of opposing? If you say yes, and I say no, then we have opposing viewpoints and we are in opposition to each other. If the WP votes in agreement with the PAP on 95% of the bills in Parliament, then its not called opposing anymore. Its call agreeing. Got it?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Very amusing. Those are not even once in ruling (a constituency) and you are already giving them your approval. Isn't this being over enthusiastic? Forming a coalition? Is this a joke?

You are a joke. Since when was ruling a constituency or ruling anything be a pre-requisite in a democracy to run a country? Obama ruled over anything before he became a President? Did he rule over a city as its mayor? How about did he rule over a state as its governor? What exactly did Old fart rule over before he became the first prime minister of singapore? What did Corazon Aquino rule over before she became President of the Phillippines, her household? I can quote you examples ad nauseam.
U are once again quoting the PAP standard and requirement for "ruling". Get a brain, you are starting to bore me.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The above are just excuses. If you are good, effective and proven your worth, your pre-election rallies will be enough to convince the voters to vote in your favor. Look at the other Opposition Parties now. You don't really hear from them except during the few months just before an election. Some have even given up altogether, like Nicole Seah.

Really? Are you so fucking stupid? The oppo has no money (compared to the PAP), no media coverage, is constantly harassed and intimidated by the PAP, faces biased reporting against them, etc. and yet, they can bring in 30% of the votes. I would say that given the totally unlevel field they are in, and the odds that they face, that is pretty damn good. If they had even 10% of the resources that the PAP has illegally used, they would draw over 50% of the vote easily.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
They haven't gotten away. As you well know, a darkness has descended on the Singapore economy. Their hope is that it will quickly pass. We only need look at the recent history of Japan to see what is a more likely outcome of the problems currently facing Singapore.

The PAP has got away with it because they know that there are enough gullible people out their who cannot connect the dots.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
They haven't gotten away. As you well know, a darkness has descended on the Singapore economy. Their hope is that it will quickly pass. We only need look at the recent history of Japan to see what is a more likely outcome of the problems currently facing Singapore.

Therefore skilled immigration is the only solution to save Singapore. Why don't you all unite behind the PAP? :confused:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? Are you so fucking stupid? The oppo has no money (compared to the PAP), no media coverage, is constantly harassed and intimidated by the PAP, faces biased reporting against them, etc. and yet, they can bring in 30% of the votes. I would say that given the totally unlevel field they are in, and the odds that they face, that is pretty damn good. If they had even 10% of the resources that the PAP has illegally used, they would draw over 50% of the vote easily.
That's your fucking assumption and if the 70% will buy what you've said. Only a fucker like you will always like to create friction with the PAP, regardless of any issue. Your fucking purpose to be living in this world is to create chaos so that it can then satisfy your ego. Bloody fucking pathetic.

It's because of bastards like you who will blame everything on the government. Even if today WP will become the ruling government, you will also have your grievances because they don't work to your satisfaction. Why don't you set up a fucking party yourself and garner for votes? Fucking useless bastard.

Don't always blame others. When I lost over S$150k in unit trusts back in the late 90s, I don't blame anyone. I picked up myself again and within a period of 2 to 3 years, I made back what I've lost and with excess. This is what I called winners. Don't always blame your fucking predicament and mistakes on others and assume that you are the one that is always right. Get this right, fucker.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a joke. Since when was ruling a constituency or ruling anything be a pre-requisite in a democracy to run a country? Obama ruled over anything before he became a President? Did he rule over a city as its mayor? How about did he rule over a state as its governor? What exactly did Old fart rule over before he became the first prime minister of singapore? What did Corazon Aquino rule over before she became President of the Phillippines, her household? I can quote you examples ad nauseam.
U are once again quoting the PAP standard and requirement for "ruling". Get a brain, you are starting to bore me.
You can say what you like, but I only trust what I can see before me. If the majority will accept those parties you mentioned, so be it and let them have a chance to try out. The crux is they just can't win the voters' confidence. Since you claim to be so clever, you should be their mentor at the next GE and teach them how to win the electorate.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you change your nick to "Loser", because that is all i can see from your pathetic posts. What is the definition of opposing? If you say yes, and I say no, then we have opposing viewpoints and we are in opposition to each other. If the WP votes in agreement with the PAP on 95% of the bills in Parliament, then its not called opposing anymore. Its call agreeing. Got it?
Your argument here is totally flawed. Everyone who has some common sense will laugh at your juvenile attitude. You mean to say Oppositions must always oppose, no matter what's regarding? How silly can you get? It's tantamount to the practice of CSJ. I've totally given up on you. You are only making a clown of yourself here. Shooo....

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm hoping that they will increase the GST to 10% at next year's Budget. We cannot be spending more than our earnings. This is common sense unless we want to end up like our neighbor, which is selling 51% of their National Car and 45% of their oil fields. This is what I will really call a mismanagement right from the beginning. It's really a pity.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The talented young are very mobile. They can easily move out .

Spore has been facing a brain drain for decades to countries like Australia, Canada, USA,..... . As long as the PAP imposes anti-Sporean policies, this trend will continue.

Now even older Sporeans have to consider leaving to places like JB, LOS, Indonesia, Australia, .... Australia might not be cheap but you do get a better quality of life than Spore.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many would like to migrate but are unfortunately stuck here. The future for this generation of young people is looking quite bleak.

The talented young are very mobile. They can easily move out .

Spore has been facing a brain drain for decades to countries like Australia, Canada, USA,..... . As long as the PAP imposes anti-Sporean policies, this trend will continue.

Now even older Sporeans have to consider leaving to places like JB, LOS, Indonesia, Australia, .... Australia might not be cheap but you do get a better quality of life than Spore.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are so conditioned that someone has to apply for them to migrate and uncertainty is not something this generation can handle. They will sit and wait for something to happen.

Look at the Malaysian Chinese young ones - their parents send them overseas, the one that return and ready to start their own business. They ruled out ever relying on the Govt or MCA for anything.

Many would like to migrate but are unfortunately stuck here. The future for this generation of young people is looking quite bleak.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at the Malaysian Chinese young ones - their parents send them overseas, the one that return and ready to start their own business. They ruled out ever relying on the Govt or MCA for anything.
There are numerous in JB who have settled in Singapore with good jobs. Some are doctors, dentists, etc. A few even have intermarriage with Sinkies, whilst most are both spouses being Malaysian and at most only 1 will convert to a Singapore citizen. Most couples will remain as SPRs. They are smart because their long term plan is to balik kampung 1 day for retirement after they have made enough.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think it is so much propaganda conditioning but a strategy trapping the young here with onerous financial commitments like overpriced HDB flats and COE for cars.

They are so conditioned that someone has to apply for them to migrate and uncertainty is not something this generation can handle. They will sit and wait for something to happen.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am aware of them. The early ones, Malaysians took advantage of Singapore's Govt's then Pips scheme to get subsidised rental flat as PRs while pursing their career here and building houses back in Malaysia.

There are numerous in JB who have settled in Singapore with good jobs. Some are doctors, dentists, etc. A few even have intermarriage with Sinkies, whilst most are both spouses being Malaysian and at most only 1 will convert to a Singapore citizen. Most couples will remain as SPRs. They are smart because their long term plan is to balik kampung 1 day for retirement after they have made enough.